Beyond Children of the Force I - New Author's Note 6/15/07 - We're coming back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ForceChildren, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ForceChildren Jedi Knight

star 1
    Title: Children of the Force I
    Author(s):

Brant_Flir The Lance Flir Series
    Briman The ROSE Trilogy
    DCWiz00 Sword and Flame
    jedi_master326 Before the Fall
    lindemacil In Mi'Lady's Service
    Neo-Paladin Zekk Interludes
    Stormtrooper_TK-421
    WynssaStarflare
    ZaraValinor Pattern of the Force
    Zonoma Worth Saving

Timeframe: Thirty-five years post-NJO
    Genre: Action-adventure. Intrigue, romance.
    Summary: Three decades have come and gone since the ending of the war. The Jedi Order has grown strong again, and many new Jedi have risen. Yet, evil is stirring, the first test of these new Jedi is approaching and Ben Skywalker knows now that this trial may very well hold the future of all the galaxy. The old Jedi must now pave the way for the new, before this evil engulfs everyhing in it's conquering shadow.

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all rights to Star Wars. The OCs are our babies, though!

Authors' Notes:Together, we would like to introduce you to this epic new Star Wars Tale of adventure, romance and intrigue. Here begins the trial of the newest generation of Jedi; even should they succeed, the Force will be forever changed.

Children of the Force
    Table of Contents*

Prologue
    Chapter 1: The Beginning 1
    Chapter 2: The Tenets of War 1
    Chapter 3: The Dunes of Tatooine 2
    Chapter 4: After the Attack 2
    Chapter 5: Yavin?s Menace 2
    Chapter 6: Arcas and Padme 3
    Chapter 7: Time Goes On 4
    Chapter 8: Poisoned 5
    Chapter 9: Mother and Son Reunited 7
    Chapter 10: Growing Pains 9
    Chapter 11: Lessons Learned 10
    Chapter 12: A New Adversary 10
    Chapter 13: Dysfunctionality 11
    Chapter 14: Winds of Change 11
    Chapter 15: Mission Accomplished 13
    Chapter 16: Family Ties 14
    Chapter 17: Lost Memories 14
    Chapter 18: Timing is Everything 15/>
  2. ForceChildren Jedi Knight

star 1
    Prologue

These were perhaps the first stumbling steps he'd taken on his path to become a Jedi. If he concentrated deep enough into the Force, he could almost imagine hearing his father utter them to him one more time. His quiet gentle voice, guiding and building into his young son the first vestiges of Force-knowledge.

He was a Jedi in his own right now, but once he been the son of legends. Descended from the most well-known beings in the history from the Empire to the Galactic Alliance, he was the culmination of dark years and hopeful yearnings. Many would call him the face of the Jedi, but he?d never liked to think of himself as such. Yet he understood how many looked to him in either adulation or hatred, their savior and executioner.

Rays of warm light from New Corusucant's primary filtered through the floor-to-ceiling window of his meditation room, warming his face, neck, and shoulders. He'd woken early so that his meditation might be warmed by the rising of the sun. He felt the heat rise as red flamed behind his closed eyes. And for a moment it blanketed all his senses in a rosy radiance that felt as though the Force was pulsing all around him.

Each breath became slower, deeper, a deliberate cadence with the sudden, wider, connection to the galaxy at large. Every muscle in his body felt both drained and rejuvenated, the purest form of relaxation he ever achieved. He was at the moment, the heart of the galaxy, the axis on which it spun.

After an immeasurable amount of time, he let his awareness spread, like ink through a whirlpool, drifting out past the core to the mid and beyond to the outer rim, until he felt a part of the totality of the Force. He swam in its perfect eddies, searching for any disturbances that might warn him to encroaching problems. It was through such a meditation that he'd been made wary of Boulbog the Hutt's recent interest in the Outer Rim territory and had sent tow of their finest to investigate his dealings.

He still felt that sense of 'wrongness' but felt better now that action had been taken to solve it and let himself pass over it and further towards the uncharted territories of the galaxy. These wild spaces were often harder to interpret but since the Yuuzhan Vong he had made it a point to know what was coming from those areas left unchartered.

Preparing to pull back into himself, Ben was suddenly assaulted by a darkness that swallowed him. From this distance he could make very little out, except whatever it was; malice and destruction was its intent. For too long it paralyzed him, mind, body, and soul, leaving him shuddering in the icy chills of the Dark Side.

Thankfully, he gained control of his thoughts and with painstaking care, pulled himself in, returning awareness to his body. His blue-green eyes snapped open and he was both reassured and disturbed by the position of the sun, thankful for its warmth after the chilled darkness and worried that it appeared so much higher in the sky then it should have.

Trembling, breathing in stuttered, shallow gasps, he fought to his feet, using the wall for balance when his knees threatened to buckle under him. Half dazed, he staggered to the common room that joined his quarters with that of his daughter's. He'd never felt so assaulted in his life.

Coming out of his meditation room, he nearly stumbled into Padme, who must have sensed his distress and had come running from her quarters. Her robe was thrown over her sleep clothes and her red-gold hair was mused for sleep. She grabbed his shoulder, balancing him as his current state threatened to spill him to the floor.

?Father?? she gasped. ?What is it? Are you hurt?? Her dark sienna eyes were raking over him, searching for any means as to what had caused her usually unflappable father to be near-frightened out of his wits.

He didn't answer, concentrating on regaining his focus and dispelling the lingering darkness inside of him. It cloyed to his soul, a filthy skin he could not shed. Padme lead him to the couch and he sunk into it's soft cushion wit
  3. Errine23 Force Ghost

star 1
    Egads! This is going to be one dark story.

I can't wait!

Good job guys!
  4. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    OH this is going to get DARK, isn't it? More! [face_praying]
  5. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
    Errine23

Egads! This is going to be one dark story.

Oh yeah :D

I can't wait!

Yay, happy to have you along.

Good job guys!

You think that was good, just you wait ;)

VaderLVR64

OH this is going to get DARK, isn't it?

;)

More! [face_praying]

Much, much more to come. This is going to be huge!

6. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
  7. jedi_master326 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I like dark stories too. Don't worry, this story is going to be very dark. [face_devil]

:D
  8. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Very exciting Prologue. Can't wait to read more.

The trailer was a very nice touch! Wish I could see it on a TV rather than my mind's eye. Ah well...it'll have to do for now. ;)

Very dark...I love dark stories. lol
  9. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
    MirandaFair

Very exciting Prologue.

Thank you, ZaraValinor, JediMaster_326, and DCWiz00 did a great job on it.

Can't wait to read more.

Glad to hear, because there is going to be alot more ;)

The trailer was a very nice touch!

Thanks again.

Wish I could see it on a TV rather than my mind's eye. Ah well...it'll have to do for now.

You and me both

Very dark...I love dark stories. lol

Everyone around here likes dark stories, so you're in the right place. :D

Next update will be sometime today

10. lindemacil Jedi Knight

star 1
    Chapter One

New Coruscant.

A jewel in the velvet bed of space. A glistening, sparkling reinvention of a planet that now existed only in the memories of those who had seen its dark, industrialized mass. A center of restored hope, a symbol of civilization rebuilt.

Space lanes bustled with activity; diplomatic barges and royal yachts navigated the lanes alongside freight carriers and supply ships. Speedy one- and two-man crafts zipped around larger vessels like insects. Patrol posts punctuated each of the space lanes, a deterrent from over-zealous flying styles.

One of the lanes lit up, signaling the approach of a cruiser coming out of hyperspace. A ring of light opened up at the far end of the lane, and a small, sleek cruiser decelerated into realspace and coasted down the lane toward New Coruscant.

In the cockpit of the Saber, Meari Durron breathed an unconscious sigh of relief. She leaned back in the captain?s chair and kicked her feet up onto the console, clasping her hands behind her head. Spaceflight was Meari?s great love, but after the excursion to Kilida, Meari would be glad to put her feet on familiar ground. Having only her mother for company had gotten a bit old after a while; she couldn?t wait to see her friends again, fellow students of the New Coruscant Jedi Temple.

And she couldn?t wait to show them all the lightsaber she had built while meditating on Kilida. She brushed her hands against the back of her short, spiky hair and imagined how her friends would act when she showed them that she was one step closer to being a Jedi Knight.

The cabin door slid open, and Jaina Solo Durron entered the cockpit, her boots thumping on the metal flooring. Her eyes flicked from the planet to Meari.

Though she was now in her early fifties, Jaina had lost none of the sharpness that had been so dominant in her youth. She had pulled her graying hair back into a low, tight bun; the effect highlighted the lines of her face, giving her a conditioned look of capability and resolve.

The two women glanced briefly at each other, and Meari caught a flash of uncertainty crossing her mother?s features. It vanished as quickly as it had come; Meari bristled, wondering if Jaina wanted her to relinquish the controls. The Saber did belong to Jaina, after all, but Meari had spent most of her adolescent life in the cockpit, and she knew better than anyone how to fly it. Jaina had promised she could take control for the whole trip back to New Coruscant, and Meari didn?t want to have that taken away now.

Jaina had not changed her mind about giving Meari the controls. She turned her attention away from her daughter and asked, ?How long before we land??

?Less than an hour. Traffic?s relatively light, so we won?t have a long wait.? Meari sneaked a sidelong glance at her mother, a smile working its way onto her lips. ?Of course, I could always speed things up a bit.?

?Just take her down easy,? said Jaina. ?And watch yourself in the traffic lanes. I don?t want a repeat of what happened the last time you made a landing.?

?I think I know better than that by now,? Meari replied, but she grinned.

Jaina crossed her arms and gazed out of the viewport. They?d been gone only a ten-day, but relief filled Jaina as the planet took over the view. She looked forward to being back in the Temple, back in one of the few places she had ever considered home.

She hadn?t believed it would be possible to consider her home a planet so distant from more than half of her family. She remembered a time when she was just happy to be with Kyp on Yavin, thrilling in her new roles as wife and mother. Even now, twenty years later, Jaina could think of nothing that compared to the first time she had held Leto; sometimes it felt like everything in her life had been leading up to the moment, and everything after it was just dénouement.

How far away those early years of their marriage seemed! How full of activity ? no surprise, considering those first six years had welcomed three new lives into the S
  11. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Mike-Sunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm.

So far I've only read the Trailer and a bit of the Prologue (I am still tired from work) and it seemed very interesting.

I'll be sure to read it again soon.

Man, if I would have been reliable, I would have signed up for this as well!
  13. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for checking it out, Mike :)
  14. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
    Uping for the sake of getting some readers.
  15. JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting beginning to this story folks. I like it.

Briman, I can see your love for all things Ben Skywalker shining through in this one already. I'm looking forward to more.

16. jedi_master326 Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry, you'll get more! :D Though, I'm not sure when we're posting next. You could ask Briman...
  17. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Jen :D

Next Update, Monday.
  18. Brant_Flir Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Ooo, interesting. Nice and dark. :)
  20. DCWiz00 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, here's the next Chapter.

Chapter 2: Tenets of War

Anakin took a deep breath and let his senses react to his surroundings. The crisp breeze brought with it the distinct smell of life from the ocean below and mixed with the sweet fragrance of the inisa sticks burning in the distance to make a riotous blend designed to test his concentration. His skin, slick with sweat from the roaring fire pits surrounding him, chilled with the cool breeze. The dancing flames combined with the light of five of his planet?s moons to play with shadows in the darkness of night. Mating cries of nocturnal animals, the crash of ocean waves against the Dragon?s Teeth below, the slight hum of vibroweapons, even the slow steady breath of his own lungs radiated through his mind, creating the symphony of his future actions. All if these were purposefully designed to distract him from what was to come. All were used to open his senses to the moment, and let him rely on the sense that had been severed from him.

Anakin studied his chosen battleground, the highest peak of Reef Fortress. The hard practice mat beneath him was soft enough to lessen the impact with the stones of the tower, but hard enough to allow pain. At each of the mat?s five corners rose a sculpted column of marbleized stone. Each column was intricately carved into the likenesses of one of the five tenets of war: law, energy, discipline, ground, and method. Every warrior knows the tenets of war, however, it was Anakin?s role to embody them. Between each of the five columns waited an assailant armed with a variety of lethal weaponry. As was his custom, Anakin assigned each of his adversaries with a name depicting its weapon of choice. ?Axe? stood motionless with his eyes closed in meditation, his hands resting on his handle of his upturned weapon. ?Sword? knelt on one knee, his sword ready at his side. ?Mace? waited impatiently for his opportunity to attack, evidenced by the feral look in his eye, and the constant bouncing of his weapon in his palm. ?Spear? stood focusing on his target, apparently planning his attack. Finally, ?Hands? practiced the dance of the warrior in his assigned spot, each move of his body preparing him for the battle at hand.

In the distance stood his instructor of martial arts and tutor in the ways of his people, Master Bretare. The man was a veteran of the Royal Guard who long since retired from active duty. Despite his old age, the man was a towering giant of toned muscle and was a master of many different forms of combat. His entire body was a story of the battles he had fought, his left leg and right arm had been replaced with cybernetics and his left eye hid under a patch that did little to hide the savage scar that crawled from his bald head to his jaw. His weathered appearance was mild compared to his surly demeanor, but the man was devoted to his young student. Sometimes Anakin wondered whether Master Bretare would rather hug him or rip his arms off.

Next to his tutor stood the dark robed woman sent to him by his father. The Jedi named Merissla was in constant conflict with Master Bretare with regards to Anakin?s training, a fact made obvious by her continual scowl when she attended his training exercises. The Jedi had taken over his training in the Force when his father resumed his duties at the Ossus Academy, and has since used every opportunity to remind Anakin of his duty to the Force, a duty that was in constant conflict with the teachings of Master Bretare. The Jedi was perhaps a few years older than Anakin but had been made a Jedi Knight at an early age. She was born on the planet Commenor, and had spent the majority of her life at the Jedi Academy and training under Anakin?s father. Because of this, Anakin had spent his formidable years in constant competition with Merissla for his father?s attention, a situation that has become more divisive since her appointment as his instructor.

Behind the two teachers stood Anakin?s cousin Talia. They were cousins in name only, as their actual famili
  21. SiriLVR Jedi Knight

star 3
    i hate clifies hate hate good man
  22. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
  23. Brant_Flir Jedi Master

star 4
    I like it...Am i allowed to post, even though i am an author in this epic?
  24. DCWiz00 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes you can post here, Brad.
  25. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
    Still an awesome chapter, DC :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.