main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Children of the Force I - New Author's Note 6/15/07 - We're coming back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ForceChildren, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAllana

DarthAllana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2006
    Hiya! I'm Allana and I'm an exchange Sith from my world

2. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    I agree! Talk about some overwhelming mental pictures. :eek: I suppose it would help my mental 'movie' if I knew what a Dug looked like, but still, your descriptions made the scene easy to envision. Every pain, every injury, every obstacle...it was awesome to behold! My favorite line: "Anakin felt a calm in his mind. The scene before him took shape, each thing in the arena traveling through time, each an obstacle in its own moment, but strung together each presented an opportunity as well." It felt just like a moment in The Matrix - time stops, illuminating the rhythm and the synergy of the whole scene. AWESOMELY written!

I have to admit, I half-way expected the plot to twist so that Ben and Nat would somehow wind up watching Nio Gore in the dualing ring and recognize him as Anakin in the Force. I suppose that's one thing that I've missed is more interaction between the family members. Since Meari and Padme met on New Courascant (I can never spell that...), there's been little familial interaction, or even interaction within the Jedi Order. Beyond the one Jedi Council scene, it's like the hand doesn't know what the foot is doing. You all have done such a wonderful job of flowing the stories together! But this is the ONE area I feel it could be more cohesive.

Just some food for thought.

Great post, Neo! =D=
    You guys are great! I eagerly await the next post!

*~Telanna~*

3. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Since Meari and Padme met on New Courascant (I can never spell that...), there's been little familial interaction, or even interaction within the Jedi Order. Beyond the one Jedi Council scene, it's like the hand doesn't know what the foot is doing. You all have done such a wonderful job of flowing the stories together! But this is the ONE area I feel it could be more cohesive.

Well, with my plotline everyone is soon going to be coming together soon, and I have noticed everyone's a little distant from each other. Contrustive critism is completely welcome, so if you ever have anything that seems unfulfilled to you, you can say so. :)

I think, though, most of the reason the character's are distant is with all the author changes. I think there have been many times where things have been coming together, and then RL snatched someone away from us. [face_thinking] Hopefully with the 2nd one we'll get it all down good. And heck, if the 2nd one is going to be down good, the 3rd ones going to be drop-dead awesome. :cool: Or at least, I'm sure we all hope so. [face_laugh]

Thanks for the r/r, and I'm sure Neo will be by to reply to your comment as well :D

4. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Yes, that has been a major concern for us, as well. I think you may see some interaction sooner rather than later. *snorts* If I can get my butt in gear and beta the next post, that is!

And never fear, Meari is NOT stuck on Zonama Sekot... she will be back into play shortly (as soon as I write it:oops:) and TK and I will be working closer than ever, then.

5. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Stormtrooper_TK-421Yeah, that past gladiators have been not quite challenging to the Force Sensitive Anakin. The Cyber-Gladiator Pits are not quite the same. [face_devil]

Yeah, I have a lot of fun writing Zekk. I think I?ve got another Zekk post for CotF rattling around in my head, when I get time. I really like writing Zekk for CotF because he?s more or less matured and grown past the angst. o_O

Anyway, I?m glad you liked the chapter.

TelannaTani Remember Sulbulba from Ep1? A very dangerous Dug? Fast reactions plus cyber limbs means more dangerous still. o_O Anyway, thank you for letting me know the imagery reached you.

I don?t want to give away too much about the future, mostly because it?s still up in the air (so busy?. ;)

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    =D=

WOW! Great chapter!! There are a number of passages that really hit home here, in the midst of the mayhem:

Options drowned in a sea of danger.

Great description of Anakin/Gio's inner state--how to survive a seemingly unsurvivable situation? The point is made even more starkly with the description of the Dug gladiator, with all his tremendously deadly weaponry and then:

Anakin dusted himself off, picked up his vibrosword, and walked out into the arena himself.

Awesome courage and determination in our captive young Jedi/Prince.

The "choreography" of the fight was excellent and (like TK_421) I read through it very fast the first time, and had to go back and read again so I could absorb the full imagery. I could almost feel the oppressive heat and blood-lust from the crowd, the inner sense of danger that Anakin felt... And I agree with Telanna that this passage--

Anakin felt a calm in his mind. The scene before him took shape, each thing in the arena traveling through time, each an obstacle in its own moment, but strung together each presented an opportunity as well.

--is fabulous! It outlines so beautifully how the Force works in Anakin (or any Jedi, for that matter), providing the calm, insight and prescience that can spell the difference between life and death.

Outstanding work Neo!

FF

7. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005

[face_idea] Ding! [face_idea] Gotcha!
    I'm with you now. Somehow I imagined a bigger creature... But still - awesomely lethal cyborg! Interesting...[face_thinking] Anakin Skywalker's opponent = Dug. Anakin Solo'Djo's opponent = Cyborg Dug.
    Nice connection!

*~Telanna~*

8. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Good job, Bree!

Good job, whoever wrote Crucible! :D

C @};- S

9. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    thanks for reading, Courtney!

And it was Neo who wrote Crucible :D

10. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Thank you FalconFan. With this I tried to underlie the idea that strength of the Jedi is not in raw passion or power, but clarity of thought leading to the most efficient application of power. I do think it is true in real life as well, but it takes more skill to pull off, my bit of philosophizing amidst the combat. ;)

I?m glad people could follow the blow-by-blow of the fight. I?m glad you got the feel of the scene as well.

I?m glad you have the full picture now TelannaTani. I?m trying to follow the model that beings with faster reaction times (i.e. pod racing pilots) make the best cyborg gladiators.

Thank you for reading Courtney_Solo.

11. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! Incredible chapter! Very exciting. Can't wait for more!

12. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Great chapter, Neo!

13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great work. =D=

Anakin Solo?Djo faced death.

It seems that being named Anakin isn't working out well for this Anakin any better than for Anakin Skywalker.

Keep up the good work all of you. PM when you update again. :)

14. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    It seems that being named Anakin isn't working out well for this Anakin any better than for Anakin Skywalker.

The name 'Anakin' is a bit of a curse, isn't it? [face_thinking]

And yep! We'll make sure we get a PM to you when we post the next chapter. :) on behalf of all the COTF authors, thanks for reading! :cool:

15. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    New chapter on monday!

16. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Dearest Readers:

Thank you for the nominations. Due to your support, Children of the Force has officially qualified for Best Action, Best Collaboration, and Best Epic. Our excerpts are now submitted and we are, again, grateful to each and every one of you for being so faithful to this story.

@};- @};- for each of you.

Zonoma
    aka Commander Mommy

17. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
  18. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    Um... Did you mean Monday the 6th? Because that was... ::counts on fingers:: very nearly 4 days ago.

Where'd you all go?? [face_worried]

19. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Sorry about that, unforeseen complications arose, but expect a new chapter soon.

20. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    :oops: Unforeseen complications = Jessica not meeting her deadline. I took a ride in an ambulance instead, so I am trusting that I am forgiven.[face_blush]

21. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Aw? poor Z? it's okay. I'm sure we all understand. :)

KT

22. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    Goodness yes! I hope you're on the road to recovery! Please take care! We can wait patiently!

*~Telanna~*

PS. What is it about me watching a thread and the authors then getting hurt. Am I bad luck now??? Scary! I think I should pray more...[face_praying]

23. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    ROTFLOL! If you are bad luck, and I already rode in the ambulance, then go write one of your incredible reviews on my other story![face_laugh] I have nothing to lose, now! Well, I guess that is not precisely true, but still.:p

24. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Hmm, and I took my ambulance ride in January, so can I hope I've filled my quota? ;)

25. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    :D Thanks guys, I needed that smile this morning.

Yeah I was R/Ring on T'Keira_Lea's Splinters when she got hurt. Started to look like a trend. Lol. Good thing you and Neo have your quotas met! Maybe you should warn the other authors, too...

Z - I'm in the middle of like 5 stories right now and my work load in RL is building, but you can bet I'll look up your story as I'm able! I love this stuff! I'll try and keep up with the ones I'm in the middle of as I'm able. So if I'm hit and miss, that's why!

::dashes off to battle DRL::

*~Telanna~*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.