main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Children of the Force I - New Author's Note 6/15/07 - We're coming back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ForceChildren, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Just read the next chap and I loved it! It's too bad that Anakin is being forced to choose between his two heritages. Great job guys and keep up the good work. I'm gradually getting caught up. ;)

2. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Just finished reading chapter 2, and I'm into this story now - I love how Anakin Solo (reloaded) faces a simlier choice that Anakin Skywalker faced in Episode Three with the whole Dooku scene.

Good stuff, and I can't wait until I catch up with it all! =D=

3. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    DCWiz00 is writing Anakin Solo, Prince of Hapes, and doing a very good job too. I'm sure he's glad you both enjoyed it. Keep on reading :D

4. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Keep on reading :D

Oh I shall, I shall [face_dancing]

now if I could just get some more readers for *my* trilogy... [face_thinking]

5. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    [Mr. Burns]Excellent[/Mr. Burns] [face_devil]

You'll get more readers for sure, I know that for sure. I don't know how many different fics I've endorsed in this thread, but what the hey.

Check out The Cost of Love I!

6. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    New Update On Monday

7. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    update = cool. OPPM = not cool

8. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Just finished reading chapter three, still slowly catching up, good stuff thus far. =D=

9. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Thanks, Storm!

Next Update Today: ZaraValinor

10. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    Yes yes, very good....very good.

Keep up the wonderful work! [face_peace]

11. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, I finally caught up all the way, and I must say - I'm *loving* this! [face_dancing] I've had more fun reading this than Dark Nest, to be honest [face_plain] Which surprises me, but that means I must tip my hat to you guys :p

Keep up the great work guys, all of you! =D=

12. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Thanks for reading, and liking our fic!

13. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Thanks for reading, and liking our fic!

Yep, no prob, it's good. :)

man, I kinda wish I could've gotten in on writing this :p maybe I can Jedi Mind Trick my way into heping write "The Children of the Force II" ;)

lol, anyway though, just keep up the good work on it. [face_peace]

14. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Thanks alot, Storm! I wish so too, but hey, when II comes around I'll be sure to think of your name. Sorry, but it doesn't look there will be an update tonight, but tomorrow for sure.

15. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Thanks alot, Storm! I wish so too, but hey, when II comes around I'll be sure to think of your name.

All right, sounds good to me. :D

Sorry, but it doesn't look there will be an update tonight, but tomorrow for sure.

I can't wait for that update [face_dancing] btw, who is it going to be about? :confused: (how you guys all write different characters)

16. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Next update is about Padme Skywalker and Ben Skywalker.

In the beginning when we first started this, there was a short outline with the main characters that would be in this story, and so we all decided which characters we would choose. It was kinda funny, I was left without a character to write about so I had to come up with one, hence Arcas.

17. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Posting this for ZaraValinor, who has done a superb job!

Chapter Seven: Time Goes On

Plumes of molten fire erupted all around the shield protected the ramshackle docking platform.
    It stood in staggering waves around her but she did not care. All she cared about was the shadow
    moving towards her in the ambient red glow, the one that had stolen her heart, and now threatened
    to crush it in the weight of tragedy.

Awkwardly, she ran to him, feeling the heavy press of her pregnant belly with each step. But this
    gentle discomfort was nothing compared to the vice that was clenching her heart. She had never
    known Obi-Wan to lie, but that did not mean he couldn?t have been deceived and confused by the
    rest of the Jedi. Except even the thought of the Jedi trying to overthrow the Republic was laughable
    in itself. She didn?t know what was real and what was an illusion.

All she knew was that her moody, occasionally irrational, and reckless husband was good at heart.
    He was caring and true, had nearly single-handedly saved her planet form the Trade Federation all
    those years ago. In some ways she still saw him as that nine-year-old boy who had declared that he
    would enter a podrace to win the parts they needed. How she longed to go back to those simpler
    times.

He hugged her, the smell of sulfur on his robes nauseating and foreboding. She closed out all other
    senses save those that felt Anakin?s strong arms around her.

?I thought I told you to wait for me?? he said, cupping her face in his hands.

?I was worried about you,? she said, rubbing his arms, though the heat was overwhelming. ?Obi-
    Wan,? she gasped, unsure if she could utter the horrid words. ?He told me terrible things.?

?What things?? he asked, his tone condescending, slow, as though afraid she could not understand
    him.

Her entire body was trembling and he...he was not even taking her seriously. ?That you?ve turned
    to the Dark Side, that you killed younglings.? The words were like acid on her tongue, equally
    repugnant.

?Obi-Wan?s just trying to turn you against me,? again it was as though nothing could break that
    impenetrable ice around him. Even the lava beds of Mustafar could not melt it away.

?He cares about us,? she countered, giving her head a shake.

?Us?? What was that edge in his voice?

?He knows....He wants to help us.? His eyes flickered with doubt, reflecting red in the ambient
    glowing crimson. ?Anakin, all I want is your love.?

?Love can?t save you Padme, only my new powers can,? he told her with a feral expression.

That vice tightened harder around her heart, her breath coming out ragged with burning tears. ?But
    at what cost? You?re a good person, don?t do this.?

He shook his head, towering over her like a large shadow. ?I won't lose you the way I lost my
    mother! I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of and I've done it for you. To
    protect you.?

No, no, it couldn?t be true. He couldn?t have killed the Jedi, children!...for her. That wasn?t love,
    that was madness. ?Come away with me. Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind
    while we still can.? What are you saying? Can you just forget all those deaths?

?Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more
    powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy. Make
    things the way we want them to.? It was madness, she saw it now glowing in eyes that had once
    been warm as a Naboo sky.

And those last strings of delusion that she?d been gripping on to, slipped from her fingers leaving
    her adrift. She backed away from this loved one who had suddenly become stranger. ?I don't believe
    what I'm hearing . . . Obi-Wan was right. You've changed.?

?I don?t want to hear any more about Obi-Wan,? he said, waving a hand as though that smallest of
    gestures could command her obedience. ?The Jedi turned against me, don?t you turn against me.?

Her feet carried her backward, she feared to close her eyes in cas

18. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    1st post belongs to me! [face_dancing]

Good stuff, I can't wait to see where this plot line heads =D=

19. KOTORFan8

KOTORFan8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow! Great job!

I'm really enjoying the flashbacks and how Padme is so connected to her great-grandmoter!

I'm eagerly awaiting the next update!

-KOTORFan8

20. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Whoa, great chapter. =D=

To think that Padme has such a connection to her great-grandmother is amazing. I wonder who she'll tell first. :)

Hopefully she'll forgive Arcas, although I'm not sure she should.

I like the tension between Ben and Natalya, it's well written and displayed.

21. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    It gets better the more you read it, I think. Good chapter, Zara =D=

22. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Way to go, Zara! :D

23. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Just read ch. 3 and I have to say this just keeps getting better! I like how all of the characters seem to be very fleshed out and different. It shows that you guys have put a lot of time and effort into your stories and it's paying off. Great job! =D=

24. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Just read ch. 3 and I have to say this just keeps getting better!

Cool, my chapter is next! Hope you like it! :)

I like how all of the characters seem to be very fleshed out and different.

Yeah, they're all different. You've got Leto who is primarily a pilot, Arcas who has brushes with the Dark Side, Padme who is connected to the PT Padme...

It shows that you guys have put a lot of time and effort into your stories and it's paying off. Great job! Thanks a lot. Briman, DC, Zara, Linde, Brant and I are enjoying this. Keep reading!

25. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Thanks for reading everyone! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.