main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Children of the Force I - New Author's Note 6/15/07 - We're coming back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ForceChildren, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Soon like... when? *hopefully crosses fingers*

*~Telanna~*

2. blinded_by_darkness

blinded_by_darkness Jedi Master

Apr 15, 2006
    Just caught up, and may I say the authors have done an exquisite job.=D=
    ~Blind~

3. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Thank you so much.

New chapter coming up, today most likely. Zaravalinor has done it again!

4. ForceChildren

ForceChildren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    Chapter 50: Crescendo

?You can't be serious?? Natalya questioned her daughter.

For many years she had hoped that her good sense would at least temper the radical notions that the Jedi, and especially Padme's father, received. In light of her daughter's recent declaration she realized that she had failed miserably.

Padme regarded her with equal parts sternness and defiance, her chin tilting just perceptibly. Not superiority but in confidence of her skill and her ability to wield it. If there was any doubt, it was the hesitancy that her friend, Arcas, showed. He seemed torn, divided on his decision to embrace Padme's wild plan or to count her as equally insane as Nat did.

?Of course, I'm serious,? the younger Jedi said on a huff of indignation. ?Look, we haven't got much of a choice, now do we? We're outnumbered and even if Dad bests Lumiya we still have to get off this plant. The only way we can do that, is if the enemy is looking at anything but us.?

Instinctively, they all dunked as a barrage of laser fire shot over their heads. Nat glared at the lancing laser blast as it struck the ground, knocking several Alliance troops the earth. ?Padme you haven't tried anything of this magnitude before.?

?You don't know that,? her daughter countered too quickly.

?You just told me,? Natalya returned smugly. She knew how to read people and even a Jedi had their weak points. She just happened to be one of Padme's.

The girl nearly went as red as her hair, but soon the Jedi calm fell over her. ?I know what I'm doing, Mother.? She walked over, took Arcas' hand and gazed pointedly at her friend. ?We know what we're doing.?

Arcas seemed less then convinced but backed Padme up whole-heartedly. Nat knew she was about to engage in a debate that she was already losing but she couldn't help but voice her concerns. ?I don't like this. You had reservations coming here to begin with,? she said, gazing at Padme.

?Things were different then,? Padme explained.

Yeah, I bet, Natalya thought. She understood infatuation, even love, but Padme's shifting feelings for her old friend could also give her a sense of false hope and ability. Arcas could be the greatest love of her life, but that didn't mean he was able to support her as wholly as Ben did.

?I know,? she replied softly. ?But this is dangerous. More dangerous then I think you realize.?

She was straining Padme's patience. ?Any more dangerous then it is now??

?We should wait for your father,? Natalya insisted.

Padme growled, ?We don't have time for that and his job is the most important. Now we can either continue this or get to work. Considering the number of troops dying as we talk, I'd say we skip the duration of this argument.?

It was the sort of logic that Ben would play against her and it was one more point that Padme was more Ben's daughter then she ever was Nat's. The Enforcer had no one to blame but herself. She had drawn away from the two Jedi, uneasy amongst the power that they held and what the chose to do with it, whether for good for ill. But it hurt never the less, those missing ingredients that should have come from her amounting into the girl that stood before her. A product of the Jedi and the Force, Nat recognized little of herself in Padme.

?Alright, do what you need to do,? she conceded.

She was engulfed in a sudden hug as Padme flung arms around her and squeezed her tight. Unexpected, it took Natalya a moment to return the embrace. Perhaps all it would take to rebuild her relationship with Padme was to quit trying to understand the Jedi mind and just accept it.

Padme pulled away, holding her at arms length. ?What are you going to do??

?Me? I'm going to take over your command. What you have planned you aren't going to be able to form two thoughts together let alone direct a battalion,? Nat reminded her daughter. ?Let me deal with the troops. You just go and give our diversion.?

Slash, parry, leap, roll, it was as much an acrobatic feat as he it was a contest of wills. Lumiya

5. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Excellent job, ZaraValinor! Goodness, I loved the first bit!

C @};- S

Edit: 1st post! [face_dancing]

6. blinded_by_darkness

blinded_by_darkness Jedi Master

Apr 15, 2006
    Great post. Hope we get more soon.[face_praying]

~Blind~

7. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    When is the synopis gonna get here? Becuase i'm far behind and i have no idea where i got left at and readign the whole thing over agains will take a lot of time that i don't have... Any idea, Briman?

Also, a story set in this universe, CotF 'ZERO' is expectign an update soon Briman, just to let ya know

PS: whats up you guys, is it going all well, i've been gone for a while.

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_dancing] New update! =D= That was great, loved all the action in it and esp the parts from Nat's POV.

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Wonderful post! What took ya so long? And where's Brant?

10. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    Fantastico! Mas luego...

*~Telanna~*

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Great stuff!!! =D=

It was the sort of logic that Ben would play against her and it was one more point that Padme was more Ben's daughter then she ever was Nat's. The Enforcer had no one to blame but herself. She had drawn away from the two Jedi, uneasy amongst the power that they held and what the chose to do with it, whether for good for ill. But it hurt never the less, those missing ingredients that should have come from her amounting into the girl that stood before her. A product of the Jedi and the Force, Nat recognized little of herself in Padme.

This was very poignant--a beautiful illustration of what an absent parent will see in a child that grows up without them: the characteristics of the parent that was present. Poor Nat--but then, it can't have been much of a surprise...

The serenity had left her face and in its place was the rapacious and feral glare of a true Sith Lady. Before, her beauty had been an illusion, sculpted of flesh, but illusion nonetheless. Her true visage was what lay in her dark heart, Ben felt it resonate out to him as she struggled to overcome his aura with her own.

Again--an eerie and excellent description of the Force, both the good side and the bad. That Lumiya was trying to force her influence on Ben would be obvious--but the description of that effort here is just lucsious!

A smile crossed his face.

He felt the crescendo in the Force, like a tidal wave originating from his daughter.

Lightsaber in his hand, twirling like a ribbon of light, he met Lumiya blow for blow. The metallic pummel, rubbed comforting in his palm, warmed by his body heat.

?Suddenly so quiet, Skywalker,? Lumiya attempted to taunt him. ?Is there a problem??

?Oh, yes.?

Loved this part! Just awesome!

Arcas had never felt anything more powerful in his life and he was a part of it. His signature and Padme?s intersected, boosted and then drew upon the others. Her thoughts were swallowed by the power swirling around them. As tired as he had been, as many hardhsip they had suffered since coming to Ruuia, they all meant nothing as he met her in the Force.

The first touch of their minds had dimmed the voices plaguing him, had been the balm to sooth the scoured insides of his head. They were there, pressing on the edges of his consciousness. Yet their whispers were a breeze next to a hurricane. Right now there was peace and the Force
    had never seemed more...the Force had never felt more complete. There was an unified sense of an arrival, meeting of time, place, and players. He was meant to be here, with Padme fighting. For the first time, he had a destiny and it belonged with Padme.

Oh, this gives me hope now for Arcas!! [face_dancing] This is a beautiful passage--once again, you demonstrate a stunning ability to describe the Force and its influence on those who can wield it. I sure hope that Arcas will remember forever these feelings--of being destined and of belonging. Hopefully, he has turned that precarious corner from the Dark Side to the Light...

Getting to his feet, he walked gingerly, sure he had cracked a rib in his futile attempt. His mistake had come from cockiness, a problem he thought himself long solved of. He would have to meditate and find his center in the Force.

He could have killed her and he'd hesitated for the need of information and the desire to prove that he was nothing like her. In this, he'd failed them all.

Poor Ben...so much to live up to, and always the feeling that perhaps he just isn't "up to it..." The children of legends are often plagued by such "inner demons..."

As before--awesome battle narrative, and a beautiful interweaving of the action going on in different places. It was almost like watching a movie, to read it! Great, great chapter!

FF

12. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    We're trying to get things straightened out, I promise. Hold tight.

13. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    just caught up! nice work you guys, this story is really so impressive!! can't wait for more.

14. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    Hmmmm....

Up? Soon? [face_love]

PLEASE don't say this has died....

15. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    *Sticks head out of gopher hole*

*Looks around, sniffing the air*

*Sees no one's around*

*Thinks about the good old days with Zonoma, Briman, Brant, Wyn, DC, and the others*

*Cries a bit*

*Back down the gopher hole*

[face_clown]

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    *joins j_m*

17. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Well, i'm finally back, and starting to catch up.

Its real good guys.

No, actually its FREAKIN' AWSOME!

*goes back billions of pages to finish cathcing up*

-The One
    -The Only
    -The Flir

EDIT:

EDIT:

AHAHAHA! THIS IS GREAT! I'M FINALY CAUGHT UP! I LOVE THIS STORY!

And by the way, TK, you are doign the best job with Jace. I love what you've doen with him. El coolio!

-THE ONE
    -THE ONLY
    -THE FLIR

~BRAD

I'm back now Jedi!

*Runs and dives into the gopher hole*

18. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Just a friendsly update from your favorate #1 Fan!

-Brad

Oh, and if i may..... GO JACE DURRON!

19. ForceChildren

ForceChildren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Dearest Readers:

I?m sure many of you have given up hope on this story. At the moment, we have had such a turn over in authors that we are battening down the hatches and locking this thread.

This isn?t over, folks. We are currently deep into a rewrite of the entire story arc since so many things were overlooked or under-developed.

The authors and staff of this story are very, very excited about this rewrite and will be reposting the story in a few months with entirely new ideas and plotlines.

Hopefully, this will work out better now that we are actually organized.

We miss you all and hope we don?t lose you in the transition.

May the Force be with you all,

ForceChildren

EDIT: We will be working with the assumption that everyone on the old PM list will want a PM with the story starts again. Please let us know if you prefer NOT to be PMed.

20. tempestblue

tempestblue Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2006
    please add me to the PM list.
    finished it one minute ago and I'm really interested in the rewrite.
    :)

21. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Done and WOW! Thanks for wading through so many chapters!

Zonoma

22. Briee-Targaryen

Briee-Targaryen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2006
    Wow, I'm impressed.

23. tempestblue

tempestblue Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2006
    I simply needed something to read, while waiting for the next German NJO book.
    Looked around a little bit and found this wonderful story.:)

24. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I'd like to be added to the PM list, please. :) Wonderful story, you didn't need to stop it. I'm at Chapter Ten and I see nothing wrong, but that's just my opinion.

25. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Your comments are still welcome, r_c, and this is continuing. We just thought of some wonderful things to do and didn't share the same vision for characters when their original authors left the collab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.