main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Children of the Force I - New Author's Note 6/15/07 - We're coming back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ForceChildren, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    What where the original authors? Are they all listed on page 1 or did you take the original authors down? :confused: Well, I can't wait for the re-launch. I'll be waiting patiently . . . meanwhile I've got a lot of fic to get through, now I'm at chapter fifteen and I need to stop because I've got college homework to finish off, plus I've got a couple fics of my own to write and plot . . .

Yay! 1000th reply! [face_dancing] Not that it means anything . . . :p

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    All of the original authors are listed on page one. Currently, we are renegoiating. When I have a set list, I can let you know. I recommend trying the stories linked on page one by the authors, if you are looking for more reading material. I also know of some excellent stories on these boards that are not related to this one or these authors. PM me if you want the links.

3. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Finished. Great work, guys. =D= Best collab I've ever read. I'm not exaggerating. Amazing.

The effort on this fic was enormous, I can tell. 50 chapters, especially since most of them were in a four-month period, took a lot of effort. I respect that. Great work, again.

Arcas and Padme together [face_love] . . . Leto starting to turn Sith . . . [face_worried] Meari, Jace, and of course the EU characters we all know and love: Kyp, Jaina, Jacen, Zekk, Ben . . . awesome. Just awesome.

4. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    See, there's this funny story... someone told me that Bush issued a draft, so I dodged it... I dodged it unfortunatly before I even found out if what I heard was valid (darn Myspace).

I stayed on a desert island for a solid month, my only comrad a volleyball named Wilson. I finally met a group of villagers about a week into the stay, but then was voted off after I was declared the Weakest Link when I couldn't beat Kyle Jenning's in e-Jeopordy (darn Kyle Jennings).

They then threw me into the sea and a swam for... well, five minutes, when then I was rescued by a yellow submarine. I hung out with the crew for three weeks, until I finally told them why I had run away from home in the first place, and then they laughed and told me my friend was lying (darn friend).

But, they brought me home on Labor Day ONE day before school started so I could have one last day of summer (darn school).

So yeah, that's why I haven't been here... but I'm back now! :)

*gives all his fellow authors thumbs up's/high fives/ect./ect.*

I know we didn't do this perfect, but I think we did good considering all the author changes, ect. So kudos to all of my fellow authors for doing an awesome job. =D=

And to all the readers, now that school's come and life isn't in summer frenzy, hopefully we'll get this baby started up again soon. Of course we're going to take our time and make sure we don't jump the gun, 'cause we wanna make sure it'll be smooth sailing once we get going, but at the same time we're not gonna fiddle about and be lazy. So if you have any fear readers, you can let it go, 'cause we got this under control. :cool:

5. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    *nods* Perfectly understandable. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. I believe you Andy. It's good to have you back.

6. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    *nods* Perfectly understandable. The same thing happened to a friend of mine.

I know, it's funny how those things work out. [face_thinking]

Good to have you back

Good to be back :)

7. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    I'm busier than ever now with my junior year and a job, but keep me posted with PM's and emails, and I'll help out with anything you need, in any way I can. I haven't forgotten you guys. Peace, and looking very much forward to the revival of COTF.

[face_clown]

8. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    MONKEY!

Wassup?

Just a friendly bump hoping some passing reader will find it and get hooked!

Cheers!

9. tempestblue

tempestblue Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2006
  10. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Just wondering if this story is going to continue or if its been scrapped??

It's good. I'd hate to see that happen.

11. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I agree with JediMaster_Jen. I miss this story and hope that this is not "the end."

@};-

12. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Come on guys. Get it together and write it.

You are breaking all your readers' hearts...

Oh yeah, and anybody wants to read a good fic? Read this!

Hey, Briman, when you gonna get the summary up?

Go JACE DURRON and TARIS!

-The One
    -The Only
    -The Flir

~Brad

13. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    *saves link*

14. ForceChildren

ForceChildren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    Hello all, this is Stormtrooper_TK-421 here posting under the ForceChildren account.

I would like to note that this message has not been approved by the other authors, and that I am acting on my own. Nothing I say in this message nessecarily reflects what the other author's would say in this situation, or how they feel.

Some big, important rich people say telling the truth isn't very professional. Yet, I believe deeply that the truth is the only thing that can be told. Even when it's the truth about something passing like fanfiction. ;) *hums All Things Must Pass*

And now, I'll explain to all of you what has been going on as best as I can, and with as much knowledge as I have about our present circumstance.

I was gone for a long, long time because of DWB, and trying to get my life back together. I came back about three weeks to a month ago and started posting a new fic I had been working on (which shall not be plugged in this thread).

Very quickly, I began thinking about COTF and what was to be done with it. I attepted to contact Briman, but I have no idea where he is or what he is up to. My guess is that he has been swallowed by DRL, along with Zara.

I then contacted Zonoma, and found out that she was very busy with DRL as well, and didn't really have time to write. She told me that she had tried to contact Briman, and Zara as well, and she couldn't get a hold of either one, adding a second voice to my theory that they were both gone.

In fact, I just viewed when Briman's last post was... and it was last July. Judging by common sense, it's very unlikely that he'll be coming back. He will be missed. [face_sad]

[hr]

So there's something I need you all to do, readers... if you still want this fic to live, if you want more COTF, then I need you to let me know by posting in this thread and telling me so.

And if you DO want it back, I've got an idea to give it back to all of you. I'll share that idea with you now.

My idea is this:

-Sometime within the next few weeks, I will begin reposting the story in a new thread.
    -So the story isn't the exact same, with integrity and sound judgement I will re-BETA the story, and add some extra scenes to flesh it all out even more.
    -As time goes on, I can write more chapters, and talk to Zonoma about getting some new authors to help out.

So [b]readers[/b], do you want to see this fic go on? Let me know!

All the best,

TK

15. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    if you bring me up to date on the fic's synopsis, I'd be happy to help out with writing.

16. Briee-Targaryen

Briee-Targaryen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2006
    Interesting...

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Guys, *sigh* I think I would rather finish this than finish Worth Saving, under the rewrite specs, though, at the other site at first and then post once we have a firm chapter outline.

*[face_worried]

What do you say?

Zonoma

EDITS 1,2, and 3: I just fully read TK's post. Don't worry TK, they not are gone. I promise. I *did* get in contact with them, they were just as discouraged as we were. I'm thinking that this poll was an excellent idea on your part. Perhaps you should be the team Morale Officer. [face_laugh]

Also, and most importantly, TK-421 does NOT have the authorization to hand out all of the OCs within this fic. They belong to Briman who kindly passed them on to their respective authors and creators. But the main characters he retains the rights to and may not be written by anyone other than himself, Zara, and (in the case of the Durron children and their friends) myself (and that is only by express permission). I'm afraid that part of your proposal won't work, TK, but perhaps if we see that folks are still interested after all this time we could get our rears in gear. Esp since it is summer right now when the hard work of chapter outlining needs done.

18. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    I still believe the premise and ideas of this story are really fantastic. I would continue to follow the story as DRL allows.

My two creds.

Telanna'tani

19. Briee-Targaryen

Briee-Targaryen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2006
    I guess I should come out and confess that I'm Briman, firstly.

20. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Z:

I'm thinking that this poll was an excellent idea on your part. Perhaps you should be the team Morale Officer. [face_laugh]

Perhaps I should. :p [face_laugh]

Also, and most importantly, TK-421 does NOT have the authorization to hand out all of the OCs within this fic.

Though I didn't know that (I being a naive little stormtrooper :p ), that's why I was going to contact you about the possibility of new author's. So that in the case of any rule like this popped up I didn't make a huge blunder. ;)

Bri:

I guess I should come out and confess that I'm Briman, firstly.

[Luke]No! That's not true! That's impossible![/Luke]

Just kidding. :p It's really good to have you back, and know that you haven't been eaten by DRL. :D

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Looks like there is at least enough interest to take the discussions to PMs and to The Planning Site. See you there, authors.

Readers, please feel free to chime in here just to let us know we aren't chasing our tails.

Zonoma

22. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    Awesome!!!!!! I love this story more Kyp and Jaina please.
    JR

23. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    So you pop it up to the top, make me read it, get me interested, and then give me no closure!!!! :eek:

Please complete the story.....please [face_praying]

24. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    I remain interested. This was a great AU you guys were working on and a lot of it was purely riveting. If you guys ever get it to return I'd like to be on the PM list for the fic.

25. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Yeah, I'd like to see this moving again. I may even be willing to help a little.

My sole suggestion is the different lines need to be condensed down. Even ESB only kept three lines going at one time, and that had a lot going on. :p I think there is a good start here, and it would be a loss to see it go away compleatly. Merging story lines together will make the writing and ploting load easier and will move the pace along to the conclusion.

Just my thoughts.

26. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I humbly agree with Telanna. :) The original plot and spirit are what attracted me to the story right from the very start. I've just got reconnected with being online after losing a computer and saving up to purchase a new one. With that said, I'd be a willing audience member as often as DRL would grant me time.

Recommendations I would make are: When the story starts up again, catch your readers up on the events occurred so far. I remember the general plot and love it.[face_batting] But the juicy details would be appreciated and certainly be read in a synopsis. I also agree with Neo-Paladin in regard to trimming down of some subplots. As Neo stated, "merging story lines together will make the writing and plotting load easier and will move the pace along to the conclusion."

This is exciting news. I'll be sure to keep a lookout. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.