main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Children of the Force I - New Author's Note 6/15/07 - We're coming back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ForceChildren, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Hi hi!

I've only read up to the second chapter so far, but I have to say that this is one of the most original, intruiging, entertaining stories I've ever read, and I've read a lot of stories! I wil definitely keep reading; I can't wait to see where this all goes.

~Jaya~

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    *NEW READER*

I'm having a wonderful time reading this series. Bravo to you all! =D= And I really love the Arcas character so far. Very curious about his story.

Zonoma

3. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Hi, new reader, AKA Zonoma! Thanks for reading, and I like the red font!

Since you're new here, have a free monkey, courtesy of ForceChildren! [face_monkey]

4. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Hey Zonoma, he likes the red font too! Thanks for reading.

5. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_blush]*accepting monkey shyly* I shall hold him and squeeze him and call him... Lucas!

You've made me feel so welcome here... um, is it so unusual for people to type in a signature color, though?:confused: This is the second comment in the last two days! (Brant commented on it in his prequel, I think)

Zonoma

6. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Not many people take the time to do it, and red the red looks AWSOME, if i may say so myself. I was thinking about making mine colorful too after i saw yours.

7. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Here is the next Jace Flir chapter:

Chapter 8:poisoned

It was like fire burned inside Jaceâ??s lungs as he raced madly towards the surface, dragging Taris along with him. He finally burst through the surface, and breathed in the sweet, fresh air. Without stopping to enjoy it he laid Taris down near the edge of the clearing and activated his lightsaber, remembering his countless classes with Instructor Quee and drills and practices with his father.

Jace closed his eyes and let the Force slip into him. He opened them when a putrid breath was sucked into his nose. The serpent stood face-to-face with him. It drew back its neck, and stiked out with sudden force...just as Jacen Durron Force jumped over the serpentâ??s head and activated his lightsaber, holding it in a reverse-blade stance so that as he fell towards the ground it cut into the serpentâ??s armored scales.

Sparks flew wild as the scarlet blade came in contact with the reflective, thick scales. Amazingly it didnâ??t cut through the scales! It was as if the scales were made to defend against a lightsaber!

The beast turned angrily, and started a Jace, and then charged. Jace stood his ground and reached his hand out towards the best. A silver cylinder flew from a belt laying on a rock to his hand, and ignited. He crossed the blades, making an â??Xâ?? shape, and waited. As the serpent ran on his webbed-feet towards him, the entire pod was lit by two sabers: red and pink.

Seconds before the beast would have hit him, he slid underneath of it and slammed the sabers into a tender spot, and the beast roared and kicked with its legs, one slammed into Jace directly, shattering his ribs, snapping veins and arteries, and tearing his side open. He cried in pain as he flew through the air, slammed into a tree, and slid down, leaving a dark red steak across the tree.

With tremendous courage and pain, he stood up, called upon the Force, and began to use his special talent with the Force; he began to bend the Force and make a physical energy force with it, focusing it into an invisible ball in front of him, and then thrusting his arm outward. The ball of focused energy slammed into the serpent, knocking him into the river, and shattering two or three of its scales.

With a sudden burst of adrenaline, he forgot the huge pain in his side and dived into the water, and burst through the surface, prepared to stab the beast through where he guessed the heart was, and where the thin armor had shattered. He succeeded but not without personal injury. As he thrust the blades into the beastâ??s heart, a clawed, webbed hand slashed down over his face, cutting a huge gash across his face in a slant. He fell into the water in pain, and held his hand to his bleeding face, and other to his side, and he blacked out.

Outside the Med center in the Jedi Temple doctors, medics, and healers rushed towards the door. Two Jedi had just been brought in, and one was in critical condition. Kyp Durron sat in the waiting room, waiting for some sort of good news to come about his son. What bothered him the most was that there wasnâ??t much bacta left in the templeâ??s medical storeroom, for the Yavin Pirates; one of the countless pirate organizations that had been popping up all over the galaxy, and this one used a hyperspace corridor, called the Yavinâ??s Bend, that was found by his eldest son, Leto Durron, and they were said to be backed by the Hutts; had been pirating their bacta supplies.

The sound of high-heeled boots on the stone floor made Kyp Durron lift his face toward the sound. Jedi Knight and lightsaber instructor Danni Quee headed towards him, her face firm but sad.

â??Danni, what is it?â?? Kyp asked as he scooted over on the couch so that she could sit down, â??have a seat.â??

â??Sorry, Master Kyp, I canâ??t. I have a lesson scheduled with John Klenins in five minutes. I just thought that you might want to know, your wifâ?¦I mean Jaina called in over the holonet earlier while Jace was at the pond and you were working on your X-Wing. She was wor

8. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Still slowly catching up. The chap with Leto was pretty good! I liked how Jacen was able to take them two on one and still win!! Nice job.

9. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    Great job, Brant! I like Kyp's concern for his son a lot. Great dad...

Just so you all know, I've got the next chapter, so expect a Leto update soon!

10. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks. I tried.

Yeah, Leto chapter!

11. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_worried]I'm worried for Jace and, for some inexplicable reason, Lowie as well.

Zonoma

12. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    I'm not too worried about Lowbacca.

13. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Kriffin' Joiner King has me paranoid... between Vector Prime and the afore mentioned work I am stressed everytime I fall for a Wookie. *sigh*

Zonoma

14. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    :eek: Why? I just started Joiner King a couple days ago? Does anything happen to Lowie? [face_worried]

15. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Good chapter, Brant.

16. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thansk. DONT TALK ABOUT JUNIOR KING! HAVEN'T GOT IT YET!

Thanks.

17. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Junior King? :confused: I thought that was called a Prince. [face_thinking] :p

18. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    so! I call it King...okay, i wrote it wrong.

19. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    No its Joiner King..I was just playing with you a little.

20. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    ..........:mad: Hey DC, [face_beatup]

Please read everyone. :)

21. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    Brant, I just finished Joiner King. So, Han is really Luke's brother, but only Leia knows it, so she divorces him for Threepio. Jacen Solo is Jar Jar Binks in disguise, and Kyp Durron turns to the Dark Side to become Darth Jell-O. Enjoy your book!

22. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Um, Everyone?

I guess I should apologize PROFUSELY for the spoiler.[face_worried]I am sorry. Please forgive me.[face_praying]

jedi_master362: Shame on you for giving it away![face_shame_on_you] My one small slip did not mean you had to completely ruin it! That wasn't very nice.o_O

Zonoma

23. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Don't worry about, Brant will survive :p

24. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    Yes, Zonama. It's cool. Besides, the big spoiler I unleashed was being hinted at all during Attack of the Clones.

25. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    :confused: Did I miss something? Where were the spoilers? Where was someone reprimanded? Where was an apology needed? :confused: ?? o_O [face_thinking] :p

Still confused, but I digress. I'll just go back to writing the updates for just about every story I'm working on. [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.