main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Children of the Revolution" Planning Thread - 9-16 Post Identification

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Hear ye, hear ye! Welcome the ?CotR? planning thread. This place is, in short, a little box to house our creative juices, and fuse them together in one massive ball of thought. Besides using AIM and MSN to communicate, this place serves as a halfway point, as we?re nearly all in different time zones of interference. I?ve comprised together a quick FAQ for those users who have dared to peak inside this manic centre of sanctuary. If unsure about anything, just speak up and I?m sure we can get the matter sorted out. :)

- - -
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

What is ?Children of the Revolution??

Why, a tale of mass portions, spanning two relative points in time, and detailing the battle for the Galaxy! The main timeframe is OT, and as per usual, it?s very AU. Nearly everything has been twisted around, certainly not to suit the maverick, George Lucas, but more for the enjoyment of those involved. We have all the normal characters ? Luke, Leia, Han, Mara, Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and the Emperor ? with some OC action slotted in there. This little bundle is a present waiting to be unwrapped.

Who are the authors participating?

The list is as follows: Amidala_Skywalker, J_K_Dart, jade_angel, KnightWriter, obaona, Chaos Rose, Jedi_Stardust, and pending approval, Lady_Tahiri. Such is our group of talented writers.

What is the basis for ?Children of the Revolution??

I?ll just give you the little synopsis I?ve prepared here, which the authors were sent by PM.

In the far future, where peace and prosperity reign supreme, an anomaly emerges into real-space, taking the form of an ancient relic craft. Two scientists are enlisted with the task of explaining the appearance of such a vessel, and the only conclusion leads to a somewhat one hundred and fifty year old tale of hostilities and ancestry. Tracing back through the decades, and the ship?s origin, conflict floods the known Galaxy between two opposing forces ? the Imperial Empire, lead by Emperor Palpatine, and the Alderaan Confederation, headed by Grand Duchess Leia Organa. With the help of a high-ranking Imperial officer, a handmaiden, and a farmboy, the war through time and space begins!

When shall we start posting?

When we?ve confirmed our roles in the planning, and created a good posting system, with the necessary guidelines. I?ve drawn up a 4-page plot summary that I will be posting once all the authors have reported in.

How long is this story going to be?

Impossible to tell. Let?s leave that to our imaginations.

What happens if I have a concern/suggestion?

Speak up, by all means. Free speech is given to all, and it?s not as though this is a dictatorship. Your suggestion will probably improve the plot, and send us flying towards success in leaps and bounds.

What if I have a problem with one of the authors?

I don?t think that will happen, we?re all peace-loving folk, but nevertheless, PM me with any worries you may have. In addition, if there?s a private matter you?d like to bring up, don?t hesitate to contact me in that situation also.

I haven?t been invited, but I?d love to participate and collaborate with everyone.

We must have caught your eye then! PM me, and I?ll see what I can do.

I?ve never been in an RR before ? what do I do? Help!

During my first experiences at co-writing with large groups of people, I played ?Follow The Leader?. Anyway, I don?t think I need to bring out the game board now. A Round Robin is a title given to a story which is written by numerous authors, who take turns at posting and having the ball bounced back and forth. We understand how you cannot post due to ?Darth Real Life? or an emergency in your family, but please notify us with the valid reason, so you don?t end up getting your inbox piled with worried messages.

How will the posting system function?

Well, like a ruffled piece of paper, we need to still sort that out. I was thinking along the

2. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    *snatches the first reply*

*jumps up and down* The planning thread is posted! Let the insanity begin! :D *looks around* Eeeerrr ...

To be serious, Am, I'm glad you have such a thorough set of FAQs - it helped me a lot - and in particular, I think your a-post-a-day but a-week-to-write-a-post idea is positively ingenious, satisfactory to both the readers and the writers. All hail the almighty Am! *deafening applause*

~LT

3. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Woah! I'll definitely be reading this one!!!! What a great team of authors- I'm impressed.... and a little scared! ;)

4. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    :) *looks around* Very cool thread, Am, well I'm here reporting for duty.

*StarDust*

5. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *salutes*

Am present and correct, SIR!

"We're doomed, doomed I tell you..."

"Silence in the ranks!"

"I say, do you chaps think you could be awfully nice and fall in?"

8-}

Am here, nohea u'i!

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm here :).

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm here. :) Nice FAQ - especially for a newbie such as myself. :D

8. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    *stumbles in*

Coffee ... coffee ... errrrr ... Dr. Pepper ... Dr. Pepper ...

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    LT: I thought so too. I know we all don?t have hours and hours to slave away at the computer when such a thing as ?life? calls *blushes at the applause*

Pete: We appreciate your support early on. Thank you bunches.

Stardust: I?m so tempted to hang posters on the walls.

Dart: You?re cheesy, little one ? but highly amusing.

Josh and obaona: Hello, you two. Thanks. I thought we might need a basis of questions to work from.

Pallas: Sleep?sleep?sleep, errr..

Sorry for the delay. Life is so very sithly in the arts of making time tick down like nothing. Righteo, I?ve told you all about this rough plan I wrote out the other day, and I?ll let you know now, that it?s for us to expand on. Suggestions are more than welcome. I was discussing the first post with Dart yesterday, and an idea for a format was reached. Once we?ve all had time to read over the plan, I?ll introduce the said format.

I?m very excited as to what extra we cook up!

(These sentences are not of literature quality, but they get the point across)

Scientists find a ship from the past in an abandoned star-system, only to discover the ship has dead occupants, and unable to time travel, with that particular drive broken. The ship looks ancient.

After confirming their deaths, they see one of the women is wearing a pendant, with the shape of the Alderaan Confederation inscribed upon it. The shape fits neatly into a mould at the main computer desk, and activates power to the ship. They access the data banks.

Readers are drawn back into the distant past, where two forces are clashing ? The Imperial Empire, and the Alderaan Confederation. IE leaders: Emperor Palpatine, Vader, and Han (who by aiding the IE holds great power on his homeworld). AC= Grand Duchess Leia Organa, the former sovereign, Bail Organa (who was recently murdered by IE spies), and generals. Luke lives with Padme and whom he supposes to be his father, who runs off to join and support the AC. When news of his death reaches Luke, the young boy heads for the AC centre, Alderaan.

He requests to see Leia, and only gets entrance when he mentions his father. Luke is told his ?father? was a Jedi, and could never tell that to anyone. Leia gives her sympathy, saying she can offer nothing else, and sends him to a ?Ben Kenobi?. Unfortunately, his ship is ambushed, and he comes face-to-face with Lord Solo. He is taken back to Imperial City.

Leia hears of this and contacts Obi-Wan, asking him if Luke arrived. When Obi-Wan says ?no?, Padme appears behind him, worried. Leia dials another number - that of Boba Fett - telling him she has another job for him one on top of the other one ? one that shall pay him well in credits, and that is to retrieve Luke.

Luke is in his cell. Solo reports to the Emperor of the boy, and Vader gives a tactical report. Palpatine orders Solo to move the fleet to a certain sector.

Leia?s handmaidens (one of them is Mara Jade) are introduced, and she?s secretly called to the ?Neutral Zone?, where her AC fleet and the IE will clash in battle. Dividing herself from the main fleet, she enters a stray star-system, where she encounters Han Solo, and grants him permission to come aboard.

The two happen to be secret lovers, using each other to gain advantage and knowledge of the opposing force. Solo lets it drop about the boy, and Leia cunningly avoids all questions. Han tells her to return to Alderaan for her own safety.

Vader meets Luke, and skilfully begins the brainwashing, teaching and altering everything the boy knows.

Solo attacks the AC force as soon as Leia withdraws, and wins easily.

Obi-Wan and Padme decide to contact the last remaining Jedi, who happen to be on the last free World in the Galaxy ? Naboo. The small Jedi Academy is situated underneath the water, in one of the old Gungan cities. They are untouched by AC and IE law.

Leia retreats to pray beside her father?s memorial, asking him for guidance. She receives a vision, and strides into the war room,

10. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Hmm... How do you guys reckon there should be a link to the Skywalker/ Organas..?

Great summary, nohea u'i! And me, cheesy?!?

11. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *eyes widen* [surfer]Like, whoa! Dude! Intense![/surfer]

This sounds like an awesome story! :D I like! I'll definitely keep an eye out for this! :D

AQ

12. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Ooh, I love the plotline! :D

Revelations are always so much fun to write, especially when leaving readers at the very spot where characters blurt out some deep, dark, hidden secret. In this case, it's Leia's "How could I ever murder the father of my children!" line. Teehee.

I had a sudden thought today regarding the following:

To end it off, something related to the word ?Skywalker/Organa? is mentioned, which will indicate what happened to the twins, and the whole family after that.

Perhaps one of the scientists could actually be a descendent of the Skywalkers. After all, the Empress' disappearance should not have gone unnoticed, and I'm sure that it became somewhat of a mystery to those in the past. So, maybe to end it off, one of the scientists could suddenly be taken aback as he/she realizes: Th-this databank was speaking of my ancestors! And of course, the character feels touched and content for such an age-old mystery having been solved, and the other scientists can also marvel at the family ties.

Did you hear? This ship belonged to so-and-so's great-great-great-great-so-and-so!

8-} Hehe, just kidding about that line.

Of course, this is just one thought. I'm sure there are many other approaches to connecting the Skywalkers/Organas at the end. :)

*StarDust*

13. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    How very interesting! :eek: And sad. :_| Everyone dies! :_|

It looks like you've got this whole thing planned out already. Should we give suggestions about the main story or just more of the little things? :confused:

Anyway, at the moment, I have one suggestion. I think it should be explained/told how the actions of the Organas and Skywalkers changed everything, and how it led to triumph or something. Otherwise the story is just too depressing, and I don't like those (I only wrote one like that once). :(

I also think that summary does need to expanded on, there are some points where I was a bit confused. :)

14. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Hmm, maye a combination of both...

Mayhaps there could be a closing comment that the mysterious death of Palpatine was the turning point of the civil war?

Hmm, which are the points you're unclear on..?

15. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    There wasn't much. More like I just had to read it twice to get it. :)

16. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Sorry guys for not popping in earlier. I?ve had a busy couple of days, and no way would the ?real life? monster let me go. Glad you all like the plot summary ? and I agree it should be expanded and certain points defined. As I stated, that?s but a basis.

Thank you AQ for investigating.

Now, righteo, good idea, Stardust! The past should be tied in with the future in some way, and that might be an option. We?d have to pull it off effectively and make it sound real ? we don?t want any Gary Stu or Mary Sue characters on our hands. Any other opinions on this topic?

Obaona, you can give suggestions on whatever bits you wish. As of right now, we don?t seem to be taking full advantage of this planning thread. I agree with you, the victory should be told in someway ? perhaps the scientists could talk about it? ? to demonstrate that the IE was beaten.

I?ve noticed that we don?t seem to be all clicking together, which provoked Dart to make the suggestion that we should all introduce ourselves and just give some insight into our lifestyles. We?re a new group, and it?s likely we?ll be dodging around each other for a while. I?ll start first:

Hobbies: Messing around, teasing, writing, singing, dancing, and watching the latest sci-fi shows/movies.
    Favourite SW characters: Padme, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, Leia Organa, and Han Solo.
    Favourite SW Movie: Return of the Jedi
    Favourite SW Book: Star By Star
    SW genre addict: Prequel
    Career choice: Law, specifically military law.
    Appreciates: Rain, snow, manners, good driving, dirt roads, Sputnik, Woodstock, and custard.
    Dislikes: Fools, Strawberry Shortcake, Iced Coffee.
    Currently doing: Plotting to take over the boards (again!)

Am [face_love]

17. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    We don?t want any Gary Stu or Mary Sue characters on our hands.

True, true. *shudders* Perfect, carboard cut-out people, scary thought. The problem with my idea is that everything would click together too well.

~*~*~

Hobbies: Art, writing, flute, running, chatting and laughing with friends.

Favourite SW characters: Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Solo [face_love] And he will come back-- he must! (Dart and LT are with me on this one!)

Favourite SW Movie: ESB or AOTC

Favourite SW Book: EoV One - Conquest

SW genre addict: NJO

Career choice: *Cowers away* Aah, I never know how to answer such questions. I had always wanted to be a doctor as a little child, but only because of the funny tools in their offices. Now, though, I'm planning on majoring in something that has to do with linguistics. Namely, English.

Appreciates: Friends, kindness, the smell after a rainstorm, surprises, receiving an unexpected call or letter from a faraway friend, wifts and aromas from a kitchen.

Dislikes: Conceit, tension, unfair teachers, homework, tests, someone scratching their nails against a blackboard.

Currently doing: At this very moment I'm typing of course. If you're really curious, my crazy and sithly little sister is bouncing around in the background, talking a lot, and loudly. I can see a headache in the works.

~*~*~

*StarDust*

18. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi everyone!!! :D :D :D I'm really looking foward to working together with all of you, mostly because I've never done anything like this before. ;)

Age: 16. I better not be the oldest person here. [face_blush]

Hobbies: Reading. Reading. And more reading! (mostly novels) And some piano. :D

Favortite SW characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi (not necessarily JA or ANH, but the one inbetween there) and Luke Skywalker. [face_love]

Favorite SW movie: Empire Strikes Back, possibly ROTJ

Favorite SW book: The X-wing ones with the Wraiths. :) I love the humor.

SW genre addict: prequel

Career choice: novelist

Appreciates: rain (I live in a desert), DSL connection, books, and heat.

Dislikes: Stupidity, or any thing thereof. (In my opinion [face_mischief] )

Currently doing: Besides SW fanfic, I am working on rewriting my novel, which is original fantasy.

Hope that helps everyone to know me better. :) Also, I have a suggestion. How many people have AIM, and could we use that to get to know each other as well (in a chat, for example)?

19. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    YAY! Now let?s just wait for the others to do up their profile.

I didn?t mention anything about my sithly ways for fear I might brainwash you over to my side. Not that it?s any consolation; I was very tempted. I read your mind? Aren?t you scared?

You might be happy to know obaona that you?re not the oldest here ? Dart is 19, KW is 20, and Pallas is 21. Therefore, we?re the little short runts positioned on the field. As far as I know, nearly all of us have AIM, but jade_angel isn?t often on yet, and LT is in China on a holiday, which makes it difficult. Other than that, I?ve nearly talked to you all on there (Oba, I will be trying to contact you this evening.)

Three down, five more profiles to go *whacks thread into submission*

Am [face_love]

20. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    *fumbles in* Ah, the greatness of weekends.

Interesting, if not somewhat intricate.

Let's see ...

Real name: Jennifer (through "Jayen" seems to be the favorite term of endearment [face_mischief] )
    Hobbies: Well, writting :p and watching TV
    Favorite SW characters: Padme, Anakin, and Luke.
    Favorite SW Movie: Return of the Jedi
    Favorite SW Book: Um, none of the above?
    SW genre addict: Prequel
    Career choice: Latin teacher
    Appreciates: Nothing, I am oblivous
    Dislikes: see above
    Currently doing: Enjoying the weekend, dreading school next week.

21. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Stardust - I know, I'm not often in the clubs unless the mood strikes me - I've joined a load of the other ones, but I rarely bob in (Mara Jade Club I get prompts for lol!) - consider it a statement that FADA's the one I list in my sig!

Here's mine!

Hobbies: Science-fiction, writing, volcanoes, environmental science, knowledge in general, detective fiction, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, Crime Traveller, comedy shows, running clubs, charities, talking and talking and lecturing?. I?m a committed Christian, btw!
    Favourite SW characters: Anakin Solo (may he Return In Peace!) ? Luke Skywalker ? Mara Jade Skywalker ? Han Solo ? Leia Organa Solo ? Kyp Durron ? Corran Horn ? Anakin Skywalker ? Padme Nabierre? the list is ENDLESS lol!
    Favourite SW Movie: A New Hope
    Favourite SW Book: Edge of Victory 1: Conquest
    SW genre addict: I suppose NJO (I can only afford one series of boox) ? but I?m disenchanted with that at the mo?
    Career choice: Secondary school geography teacher.
    Appreciates: My girlfriend; good volcano pictures; volcano facts; literary styles; complex plots
    Dislikes: Bigotry; poverty; religious fanatics
    Currently doing: Going to uni in a few days!

22. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Hobbies: Science-fiction, writing, volcanoes...good volcano pictures; volcano facts...

LT and I were starting to wonder about why the picture of "you" in your profile was a volcano. 8-} ;)

*StarDust*

23. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Runs in and skids to a halt.

AUGH!!

I'm here and I'm extremely late but at least I'm here! :D

Glances at the plot.

Gotta agree with AQ... Like... WHOA!!

I hope we get some Luke/Vader father/son bonding since I love that type stuff.

As for the ending, well knowing all of these genius writers we have it's not gonna be way too difficult figuring it out. Also I've got AIM set on automatic log in so I'll be online that as much as I can.

Here are my stats :D

Hobbies: Wasting time trying to draw mangas, CGing, making websites, owning arse in tennis and bugging the heck outta my friends, playing video games, reading and surfing the net listlessly
    Favourite SW characters: Luke, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, Mara Jade, Ben Skywalker
    Favourite SW Movie: ESB
    Favourite SW Book: Vision of the Future
    SW genre addict: Luke/Vader, father/son fics
    Career choice: Something to do with archaeology, maybe even an anthropologist
    Appreciates: Well thought out plots, Final Fantasy, Star Wars (GL is God), Dido, Anime
    Dislikes: Torture, gruesome death, techno
    Currently doing: Making my own fantasy based manga.

24. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Ah, so we've got one archeologist and one volcanologist lol - we should organise a trip to Pompeii!

LT and I were starting to wonder about why the picture of "you" in your profile was a volcano.

LOL!!! Does kinda symbolise my obsession with all things volcanic LOL!

25. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    All things volcanic, huh? ;) Interesting indeed...are you implying that every once in a while, we might stop by this thread and hear a gigantic explosion as Dart deftly mixes together his vinegar and baking soda? 8-} Teehee. And yes, the trip to Pompeii sounds very nice--*sigh*--I desperately need a vacation far, far away from Darth High School. So, why wait? Onwards towards Pompeii.

*Grumbles* Actually, I need to return to the dark depths of my schoolwork in a matter of seconds. I just dropped by to meet some new people, and to check if there were any notices. Hiyas, jade_angel! :D *Gulp* Back to my dreaded work...

*StarDust*

PS- Just curious, but concerning AIM and other live chat systems, what time zone is everyone in? Me, I live in the eastern time zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.