main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Children of the Revolution" Planning Thread - 9-16 Post Identification

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You know, Kitt, I was just joking about the ninth wheel thing . . . [face_plain] ;)

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I like being a ninth wheel. :D

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    To get the ball rolling I've completed the first post, sent it to my beta-partner (Thank you, Knight Josh), and in the traditional of the next step, will post it here :).

Now, please, for those who are not writing/involved for the RR, DO NOT read this post. We'd like to keep it a surprise for when it's posted in two weeks, and wouldn't want you to go ruining it for yourself. After all, we would like feedback on the day, not people lurking around in the PT.

Thank you for paying heed to that message.

Clear stars and magnificently drawn constellations rippled, suppressed by the opening of a swirling greenish-blue vortex. It distorted space, and pulled like a vacuum down upon the surrounding sector, sucking nearby floating objects into its depths. Abandoned chunks of debris and tiny space particles answered its call, whirling into a spheric pattern, and launching into the whirlpool of light like a slingshot, disappearing in a bright spark of energy.

The vortex only lasted for seconds in an unstable state, before strengthening its boundaries and expanding outwards to churn another area of lonely space. There was now a massive hole in the stars, where once there had been nothing, and judging by its actions, it was evident something was intending to journey through that wormhole. From where, it was unknown, as was whatever purpose this emergence served.

Indeed, the prediction was correct, and from the central point of the wormhole, a ship flickered into existence ? a dull visage within a stunning picture. The vessel was a pure white, though the sides were blemished with the remnants of battle, and impacts against the hull had destroyed the smooth surface of the structure, instead burnt holes remained. A slightly pointy edge represented where the cockpit was situated, while the twin main engines at the rear, lay dead.

It drifted inside the vortex, buoyant and spinning, showing no signs of life. It would seem power hadn?t emanated from the craft in so long, as if it had almost been forgotten by those who had built it, and transported from a great battle in need of survival. Finally, the wormhole threw the traveller into normal space, folding its four corners together, and closing the gap. It was diminishing, reintegrating back into the vast cortex of time, returning to what it once was before technology intervened. The disruption shrunk, making itself insignificant, showing no clues that it was ever there.

The ship, however, stayed lifeless, adrift in space.

--------------

Starchart Date: 111.768.565.000
    Verification Code: Alpha-Alpha 459
    Doctor Nathieu Joar

It appeared late yesterday evening in sector 045 ? a system with three planets, two of those gas, a neutral sun, and an old binary drilling operation. Our sensors were able to attain its position, and constrict entry to that region of space. We were not able to identify life signs, if any. It has been determined the wormhole was clearly a deformation in time, and whether this ship originated from the past or future, we cannot speculate. If it were used by either period, this would affect the timeline and create drastic consequences. Technology of this type has to be used with extreme caution, as demonstrated by our past mistakes and investigation into time travel.

I have been ordered to board and search the ship with another colleague, and will be recording all that we discover. I have to confess I?m excited at the prospect of viewing a piece of equipment from another century, or meeting those who built it. We put our faith in their friendliness, and that they be willing to share information and knowledge. Do we dare classify them aliens, due to our differences? Although, there is the chance the travellers didn?t survive their great journey, like many before them. Attempts have been tried before and many have died for the science, but we continue to learn from those blunders.

I hope we can access the databanks and recorded logs, but that too could have been destroyed. In any case, we

4. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Oooooh AM!! As always you cease to amaze me, the way you've written this post had me locked until I finished reading and it's a great intro, it'll instantly hook readers in. :D

5. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Very good. :) I like the detail. :D Well, I'll be honest, I like it all. ;)

I found one mistake - a missing word - but I can't find it again. *sigh*

Anyway, its great! :D

6. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Just popped in and got a treat! Great descriptions and detail. :)

7. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very good work, nohea u'i, VERY good indeed! I like it, I like it A LOT! :D
    I spotted two points that could be improved upon -
    I hope we can access the databanks and recorded logs, but that too could have been destroyed Might be wise to put ?those? not ?that??
    Nathieu stood beside her, recording all which he saw ? Might be wise to put ?all THAT he saw??
    Other than that, 'tis perfect! I love it! Marvellous work, m'love!

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    *blushes* I?m flattered. Thanks, guys. Dart, yes, I think I could manage to change those, if you ask politely.

*claps hands together* Okay, an update on how the posts are going. I hope I have all the information right, and have bugged people enough to write.

Am ? Finished first post, and will be working on the next one in a few days, though is waiting for Dust who is also doing a Luke scene and including the relevant details. I will probably drag my behind across this thread until the night before the due date, and will even then lean back in my chair and have a nap.

Dart ? Intending to finish post today; probably will pass it over to beta-partner then, and soon have it posted here for us to rip apart ( :p teasing).

Oba ? Finished post *angel_icon_of_worship*

Dust ? Post is in bits and pieces, however will be completed when DRL is cast away with a stick. We look forward to that death match!

Josh ? Having a hard time with the said DRL, but in the meantime waits for JA?s post, which corresponds with the ?baddies/Empire? theme he?s writing.

JA ? Waiting eagerly for Dart?s post, and jumping at the thought of writing ( :p *bows*)

Chaos ? Don?t know the situation there, but I?m excited to see what will be produced. For the time being, I?m your beta-partner ready and willing.

Excuse my humour in there ? I?m in a devilish mood. Thanks all!

Am [face_love]

9. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Ooooh, rip it up, eh..? 8-} to you too! (teasing) ;)

10. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    If no one objects, I think I'll put my post here so I can get criticism on it. :)

*starts waiting*

11. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Dust ? Post is in bits and pieces, however will be completed when DRL is cast away with a stick. We look forward to that death match!

Mwahahaha. [face_devil] No, Am, you're wrong on one account: I have a lightsaber! :D And this wonderful tool will aid me in my victory against the terrible Sith Lord know as... *thunder and lightning* DRL!

Well, in truth, I did survive my three exams in school today, so the work is letting up a bit. Luckily, I am working now on mending my 'bits and pieces' of a post, and it hopefully will be completed soon!

*StarDust*

12. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    This is my post. ( Oba ) :)

Leia was supposed to sleep dreamlessly.

The dream came in the middle of deep sleep, taking over the trained calm of her mind, which normally held even in the deepest vulnerability ? sleep. Her hands twitched restlessly, perhaps reaching for her lightsaber, which had become a comfort to her these days. A sad fact of the reality she lived in.

First she dreamed of her father. She saw him in the blue and tan hovercar, laughing and talking with an assistant. With a feeling of distant horror and helplessness, she saw the hovercar jerk and then halt. Suspicion flared in Bail Organa?s eyes, instantly replaced by forced puzzlement. The dark eyes narrowed slightly and his hand shifted to the side of his seat ? reaching for a weapon. The aide, confused, asked something.

Leia could hear nothing. The silence was almost as horrifying as what she was seeing.

Bail glanced at her, smiled in reassurance and murmured something, his hand reaching down farther. Suddenly, Leia?s perspective shifted slightly, allowing her to see more of what was happening, including the outside of the stilled hovercar and the dead pilot.

A gloved hand reached for the door and forcefully opened it. The man wore a mask over his face, his form lithe and trim. He moved with deadly confidence.

A blaster, the assassin?s blaster, glinted in the sunlight.

Bail shoved the aide back away even as her mouth opened in a soundless scream. He brought a blaster up and the assassin fired. A dark spot blossomed on Bail?s chest. His dark eyes widened and then narrowed, his body jerking slightly. Then he fired, even as his body weakened. The assassin fell back, sagging out of the doorway.

Another assassin came up, also masked and gloved. He looked at Bail and saw the man was not dead. A knife appeared and it wavered in a threatening manner for a moment. The assassin?s body shook ? with laughter. Bail tried to fire again but his fingers loosened their hold and the blaster fell.

The assassin got in the car, crouching. He brutally slashed the aid?s throat and shoved her corpse out of the way. He approached Bail, who lay back with his body limp. But horror and the shock of being shot was in his eyes. There was a disturbing contrast between the laxness of his body and the emotion in his eyes.

The knife went right through Bail Organa?s chest, through the blaster wound already present. The knife was jerked down, through the former sovereign, brutally gutting him. His heart was still beating and blood flew down over his stately, royal navy blue robes.

Dullness began to replace shock in Bail?s eyes.

Yet the assassin was not finished. His movements were almost gleeful as he cut Bail?s throat. He slashed again and again, even after the man was unmistakably dead. Blood was splattered all over the hovercar and the assassin. Disdainfully, the assassin wiped his glove on Bail?s face, leaving a bloody mark on the unmarked and now pale skin.

The assassin left, kicking the other assassin?s body as he left.

Leia screamed in her mind, raging even though Jedi did not rage. Why would she see this? She had not been there for her father?s death. Why did her own mind torment her? She begged for the dream to change ? whether she was begging the Force or herself she didn?t know.

But it obeyed.

The bloody visage of her father was replaced by a stark landscape. She saw it in colors of tan, orange and red. The landscape was barren, unmarked. A desert. Sand skittered on huge pieces of rock smoothed by years of sandstorms. The sky was multicolored with warm colors ? yellow, red and orange, spreading across the sky like a rainbow.

She saw a figure, dark against the fiery sky.

Two suns were setting, diagonal to each other. The edges of them seemed to flicker with heat, the color a dark red and orange, blindingly bright. One began to appear to touch a barren plain in the distance, setting down upon featureless rock and the other, only a touch higher, followed.

The figure took a step and turned, facing her. Blon

13. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh

Wow.

I came to this thread with a message for you, Oba, to say I envied you having that poster on your wall - I'd just gone thru what seems like a thousand posters and not found a single volcano one! :_|

But, my word, you've cheered me up there... Whew... Am said you were good awright... I'm impressed, VERY impressed! I like it! I've always loved vision sequences, but this one... Phew...

Heheh d'y' think I like it..? ;) :D

GOOD SHOW! Wowzer yeowzer!

14. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    I think you misunderstood me, Dart. I have seen posters of volcanos (Poster Plus, in a nearby mall), but that isn't actually the poster that I have. Mine is of a hydrogen bomb exploding. :) Big mushroom cloud . . . violent orange and red colors . . . it is so cool. ;)

Anyway! Thanks so much. I'm glad your impressed. And yes, I can guess why you like it. 8-} I think it was actually inspired by your love of volcanos and someone telling me something about cool colors as opposed to warm colors. :)

15. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
  16. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Me, misunderstand? Perish the thought LOL!

Oh wow Kitt! Tx! That's the Pu'u O'o vent on Hawai'i if I'm not mistaken! Been active since 1983!

Oh, btw, that [http=http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/NV--1_1945_7715/PD--10007487/SZ--3/posters.htm?XRFID=571189&TKID=6430648] link [/link] to lava entering the sea is another Hawai'ian image - a stunning spectacle, like none other, is Hawai'ian lava when it enters the sea... [face_dreamy] ;)

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Oba, oba, oba ? what can I say? *face_worship*

How I love thee post? Let thou count thy ways.

Seriously, though, very well done! Great work, as per usual! *hug*

Am [face_love]

PS - *runs from volcano talk*

18. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    *laughs* Well, here's mine!

Space stretched out, infinite and vast, an awesome panorama, countless stars sparkling like ice-crystals in the dark vacuum. And yet nowhere in this realm was there darkness, rather it was scattered about with a depth of beauty and colour that staggered the eye. It possessed splendour such as a swirling nebula - a circle of rainbow-like colours, glorious and resplendent - encircling a darker core. This was nature at its greatest, its most majestic. It was a raw beauty of creation, gripping the mind with its spectacular possibilities.

Perhaps the most stunning possibility of all was not to be found in the gleaming majesty of endless stars, nor in the infinite horizons of space, but on the planets that speckled the Galaxy. For there, against impossible odds, came the very existence of creatures that had reached out and traversed the Galaxy around them. Countless species made up the population of this fragment of the Cosmos, for they were a limitless variety; some reptilian, some humanoid, and all evolved from disparate roots that shaped into incredible beings.

Their greatest symbol, however, was the craft that now speckled the dark depths of space, contrasting perfectly with the handiwork of nature.

They hung there, orbiting the beauty of the nebula, some five vessels. In shape they were like sharp spears, in length eight times their height; sleek and streamlined, a display of innate and deadly power. These craft spoke of ruthless efficiency and incredible menace. In orbit around them, were eight thousand of the smaller snubfighters, arrow-shaped, and painted blood red for psychological impact. The small one-man snubfighters surrounded the capital ships ? Conqueror-designates ? in a stretching bow, like the symbol of infinity.

The contrast was incredibly striking, even more so as the vessels hung in orbit around a single comet - perhaps symbolic that the beings of this Galaxy had taken nature and bent it to serve their will.

For all the possibilities that life represented, there was so great a chance of evil. Change is not always good, and could usually be accompanied by pain. These were the vessels of the Coruscanti Empire, and while a marvel and a credit to the technology of the Galaxy, they were a dark symbol indeed. A symbol of overwhelming, overbearing power; of resistance crushed; of worlds razed. The Conquerors had earned their designation in blood.

And they were about to prove their designation once again.

The fabric of space twisted ever-so-slightly, a pinprick of light flaring out of nowhere ? the symbol that a craft was emerging from Hyperspace. But even as it did so, the Imperial snubfighters launched out towards the distortion, a wave of evil that broke even as the newcomers returned to Realspace. These newcomers differed, they were just as sleek and perfectly designed, but in a form that was far more eye-catching.

The capital ship, of a Kestrel-designation, seemed to resemble a great bird; weapons-turrets stretched outwards to either side like massive wings that arced backwards, and turbolaser emplacements hung from its underside like deadly talons. Normally the Kestrel-class of ship was an unbeatable foe ? hence the single capital ship was accompanied with a measly four hundred snubfighters and X-wings ? but reversion to Realspace caused momentary shutdown of shields and a full ten seconds of disorientation.

Lasers gouged across the capital?s surface, scarring the golden metalwork, blasting apart its crust. Whoever was on the bridge, they weren?t a fool; immediately the X-wings were arcing overhead in a shield formation, but were vastly outnumbered. Further, a gravitic anomaly had been planted, ensuring the vessel could not return into Hyperspace ? the strong mass shadow of the anomaly was effectively a Hyperspace barrier.

And, whilst the enemy was off-balance, a single Imperial ?droid advanced in, landing on the hull of the Kestrel.

The Alderaan Confederation was the Empire?s sole rival to power, an institution that c

19. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    This is the *counts fingers* third time I've read your post, Dart, but I still love it! :D Great job, and the ending line is just chilling.

*StarDust*

EDIT- AAAAMMM! Ah, so sorry, I'm just now replying to your post. I really like the format you used--the description of the ship, then the journal and finally the scene. Very creative. The writing style once again showcases your amazing abilities. ;)

Oba! Your post was wonderful! I loved the vision that you wrote out, it was very suspenseful. The reds and oranges of the Tatooine landscape were so beautiful! *sigh* Excellent job. :D

20. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Everyone, thank you thank you. [face_blush]

Dart, great job! I wish I could do battle scenes so well. [face_jealous] ;) I especially liked the opening paragraphs, how you went from that to the battle itself. Wow! I just loved it. :)

:D

21. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    *enters the thread and is nearly knocked over by the stream of magnificent writing* Wow you guys, these posts so far were just amazing! I honestly love what we're doing and I can't wait to see more. My apologies for being unable to participate in this first round - just starting boarding school and all, I have no time to do anything, including Darth schoolwork. But I look forward to start working on the second round of posts with you all soon! :D Huggies to Am for covering for me. :)

Oh yes, my profile:
    Name: Lesley (or Rolee)
    Hobbies: hanginging out with friends, getting sugar high, reading, writing, music, dance, calligraphy
    Favorite SW characters: Anakin and Padme, Anakin and Tahiri, Jaina and Jag, Luke and Mara, Han and Leia (hmmmm, do we see a trend here? ;) ), Alema, Kyp (what can I say, I love 'em all)
    Favorite SW Movie: Return of the Jedi
    Favorite SW Book: The Edge of Victory Duology - go Anakin!
    SW genre addict: NJO!!! Yeah!!!
    Career choice: something to do with literature or writing...
    Likes: Bunless hot dogs, stuffed dogs, dancicng in the rain, random acts of kindness, a nice smile, good mush where the guy and the girl actually get together and nobody dies (I'm a hopeless romantic [face_love] )
    Dislikes: the sound of my alarm clock in the morning, people with extremely overblown egos, flamers who flame just for the heck of it, really long pointless books
    Currently doing: engrossed in figuring out how to do all my homework, have a social life, come online, and still get some sleep ... my conclusion: it's not happening :( (and of course, I'm helping Am in her scheme to take over the boards :D )

22. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    *whacks LT on the head* Why is it that so many of our traits are similar? The Force is something I'll never understand, especially when it comes to those eerie twin bonds. Of course, you could've just read my profile, but why oh why would my twin submit to plagiarism? ;)

Do you know what you've just done? Well, to sum it up briefly: you've created major pandemonium. Tons of people have that icon, LT, I knew I shouldn't have let you take the lead. 8-} Just kidding!

Name: Lesley (or Rolee)

No, no, no! It's the other way around...Rolee and then (Lesley)! Teehee.

And a hobby of yours is getting a sugar high? Why am I not surprised?

Twiness, *StarDust*

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Dart, honey, you know how I feel about that scene. It blew my mind! It virtually chucked everything out the window. Lovely work!

Thank you, Dust *blush*

LT! *rushes for a hug* And look at that suspicious icon you?re boasting. We?re all going to get confused with each other now ? god help us all. My pleasure, I don?t mind covering for this one instance. You dislike people with extremely overblown egos? Eeek, that just might include my China-sized one of here *pulls Mr. Naughty ego out, who was currently eating a bun-less hot dog* Oops.

In recent news, the posts are going well and most people are just waiting on another, or something along those lines. Dust has asked for the due date to be extended, and I?ve granted a few more days ? meaning the deadline will now be around the 24th or 25th. In any case, the next Post Identification (9-17) will be posted here on the 22nd as planned, and people will be able to choose which future posts they?d like to write. If anything about these changes confuses you, please ask me.

Thanks.

Am [face_love]

24. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Thanks, Am. LT was going on about how you would slaughter me with your band of Russian Spies... *shudder* Another reason why I shouldn't trust her. 8-}

Dust

25. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Yup, it all sounds good to me. *looks sideways at Stardust* Who me, insinuate that Am would take out the Russian spies on you? Why would I ever do such a thing? In fact, I thought it was my *twin* who suggested that, and me who was trying to assure her otherwise! Wouldn't you say so oba? ;) And yes, isn't it such a coincidence that we all have the same icon. 8-} I guess we'll have to be triplets from now on ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.