main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Children's Cancer Research Charity Event

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey, Scott,
    I understand and have no problem. Thank you posting this info. How's the vacation going?? All we have here is hurricains!!!

2. Allysium

Allysium Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Thanks Scott. I am just glad to come out and show support for the event and the children. I look forward to meeting everyone.

I will not be in costume, but I will wear my fanforce shirt. Also, I will be glad to help out with anything, if needed. Just let me know.

*Annie

3. TI-655

TI-655 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    Looking forward to this Sat. Hope to see you all there. Looks like it will be a fun time.

4. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Thank you all for the support. Have a wonderful time tommorrow!!

Gabrielle

5. TI-655

May 24, 2005
    Reminder to all. This event is tomorrow.

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I'll be there, at 10:00 AM Westshore mall.

7. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    As will Ross and I.

8. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
  9. TI-655

May 24, 2005
    I should be there around 10am too.

10. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    i cant make it. have to be at work by noon. good luck, and have fun! i will probably be kicked by some buttholes. pray for my saftey, peace out!

11. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    This was a great event!! Had a wonderful time and loved talking to tall the kids and parents.

12. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    terrific time and a great showing for such a wonderful cause. Can't wait to do it again.

13. TI-655

May 24, 2005
    Thank you all for making it out. We had a great turn out. Whoever has the vid. footage of us dancing troopers, I'd love to have a copy. I've got to show my parnets. Hehehe......

14. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    What a great time today we had with everyone, I must say a big THANK YOU to the 501st for letting us take part in a great event and we look forward to doing it again and other events with all of you in the 501st.

If anyone wants a copy of the Dancing Troopers please send mean email and I will be happy to send it out to you.

Thanx again 501st for the fun.

-Ross Tampa Docking Bay 1138
    Eventperson

Soon to be Biker Scout

15. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Thank you 501st for inviting us to help with such a worthy cause. It was a wonderfully, well executed event with great interaction from our groups and hopefully many new friendships have been forged. All of the costumes were wonderful and I want some armor myself now, maybe a biker scout. I especially loved the dancing troopers and Jedi though many of the troopers had to reassemble themselves after high kicks and shakin' their booty. It was such a hoot. The camaraderie was great!!!

But the focus above all was the cause and the kids. I have 2 healthy children myself and thank God for that. Doing the costumed charity events is one of the main reasons I got into fan clubs in the first place. It is my opportunity to live out my childhood fantasies and let my inner child out to play. When asked as a child what I wanted to be, my answer was an artist, a fashion designer and a space explorer. It is only fitting that we would want to help other kids meet the challenges of having a healthy body and a creative mind.

Because we represented ourselves well and helped generate the kind of responses that the Pediatric Cancer Foundation was hoping for, they have invited us to participate in some other functions down the road in November, which I will get the details from the contact person in the near future. I will update ASAP as soon has I have been contacted by Lindsey. This is the kind of stuff that makes sweating our butts of in costumes that are hot, heavy and often uncomfortable more than worth while. My puppies were really barking by the end of the 2 appearances, but it was so worth the smiles on the kids faces and the impact we got to make into the community. A hearty Huzah to all of the participants, the force was truly with us all.

I can hardly wait until the next time!!!

Denise Lewis
    Assistant City Rep Fanforce Chapter
    Tampa Docking Bay 1138

16. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    sounds like you guys had a blast! hope i can go to the next one, im sure there will be plenty more with the great turnout. if possible, i would like to get a copy of the dancing stormtroopers. good job guys and gals!

17. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Long as you stay on your best behavior, Padawan learner...O:)

18. SambaTahl

SambaTahl Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Hello All! I am back from my trip to South America and after a bout with what I've heard is called "Montazuma's revenge" I can now eat and not be sick! Hurray! Still, I am thrilled to hear that you've all been busy keeping the fan-"force" alive and meeting new friends! What a great cause to be involved with! Good for all of you who could make it! Count me in for the future events (like the one aluded to for November) Hope to see ya'll on the 30th!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.