main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Children's Hospital Kings Daughters Movie Night on March 2nd

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Thumpy, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Here's the rundown:

(1) We bring only the "PG" star wars movies (that's all except ROTS) and the clone cartoons. The children will then select which movie they wish to watch. Hopefully, whoever is present (older or younger kids), they pick one. We can decide which movie to donate later, as long as it's not already in their DVD library.

(2) There will be no pictures; but I'm sure we can take a pic or two outside the building, just us if you want.

(3) I'll bring some candies, anyone else can bring munchies as well.

(4) If you become ill prior to Friday, you cannot go. Administrators won't allow it.

(5) Try to arrive around 5:00 PM. Do take into account traffic. We can change into our costumes in their bathroom facilites. When you enter, just tell the guard/admin person we have a scheduled appearance at 5:30. He/she can call the Child Life Unit to confirm, and they'll direct you as to where to go.

2. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    (6) No "weapons" - leave your blasters, gaffi sticks, thermal detonators, lightsabers in your container or at home...house rules!

(7) The address is 601 Children's Lane (beside Sentara). You really can't miss it. There's a big sign facing the street that says "CHKD". As far as exact location inside the building, I don't know. Won't find out until we get there.

3. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    Sounds good. I am looking forward to it. So at this point we are not purchasing a DVD to donate prior to our arrival??

Please let me know as I was going to buy the donation DVD this time around.

Also, let me know what I need to bring besides some "munchies."

4. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    no, don't buy anything! I'll give ya details at the meeting.

5. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Doing stuff like this reminds me of how important Star Wars is as a source for entertainment and reprieve for these kids. We visited kids with all kinds of conditions, and we were all glad to put a smile on their faces. Our thanks to the CHKD Child life unit staff!

[image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/Naar_Birala/IMG_6474.jpg]

[image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/Naar_Birala/IMG_6475.jpg]

6. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    Sorry I missed this. Crazy week at work and didn't have time to fix my gear. I will be back from Boston on Sat and we will work on the gear/armor on Sat at the Armor Party.

Glad you had fun.

7. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    yeah that was cool.
    Thanks for setting that up Thumpy.

:)

8. Qevdar

Qevdar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2007
    sounds like everyone had a good time! that's awesome!

9. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Received in the mail last week a very nice thank you letter from the Child Life Unit Manager for taking the time out to visit the sick children that Friday evening, March 2nd. I'll bring it to our next meeting. Go HHR!

10. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Is the HRR planning another troop to CHKD this summer or fall? Would love to make one - weren't able to do the last one :(

11. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    email sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.