Children's Safety Day

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by TheSimi, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSimi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey gang, this event kinda got lost in the shuffle. Sam's is holding a Children's Safety Awareness Day on October 24 and would really really like any of us who are willing and able to troop.

Yes, I know this is the same day as the zombie walk. It only lasts from 10 to 2 and we wouldn't have to stay the whole time or could rotate people out. A lot of people have heard that we might be there and have come to the club every weekend to see if we are there.

Anyone who would be willing to come out even for an hour or two would be greatly appreciated. If you can make it, please let me know. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Scott. If we don't know the answer, we can find out.

Thanks in advance!
  2. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I really wish I could go but I'm going to a minis release tournament in Carbondale that day. It starts at 11:00. Sorry. Have fun though.
  3. TheSimi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks, Matt! Anybody out there who can come? *cricket cricket* The princess will look a little silly all by herself.
  4. ED-VADER Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jen, Vader will be there.

It should be a great event!

Just text me with the details next week.
  5. TheSimi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you soooo much Ed!! :D
  6. TheSimi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Since this is coming up on Saturday, I thought I'd pop it back to the top. This Saturday from 10-2 at Sam's Club. Any other costumes that can and will troop even for an hour or 2 would be appreciated. So far I have Ed and Rena along with myself. They are asking us to be there around 9:30 to get suited up. We will have the recieving area to change in and the office back there to lock our stuff up in. There will be someone there to take pictures with the kids also. If you can troop, please post or send me a PM so I can give the folks at Sam's an idea of how many to expect. Thanks again!
  7. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sounds like a great event Jen. Hope you get a good turnout. Its stuff like this that really makes it worthwhile to costume. If I didn't already have a committment for that day, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Good luck.
  8. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Jared will be there with his tuscan an amanda is gonna troop in Shans armor, o and TK8049 will be trooping as well. Ill update as I hear more. Pv
  9. TheSimi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks PV! A few updates for everyone... they will have a place for us to change in the tire center and somewhere we can lock everything up. The event starts at 10 so if everyone could get there around 9:30 or so to get suited up that would be great. Everything will be out on the parking lot between the tire center and the gas station so if it rains this will be cancelled. Also, I've been told our presence will be mentioned in the radio announcements Bear on the Air is doing.
  10. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd love to make it but I got the kiddos and have other places to be. I hope everyone has a funalicious good time!
  11. TheSimi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks to everyone who came out Saturday. The turn out for kids wasn't as high as hoped, but I really appreciate that you guys came and stayed as long as you did. Thanks again!!!
  12. ISOPanda Jedi Padawan

Although turnout was like hoped, it was still fun. It was a great day to troop.
  13. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sounds like the event went well. Glad you were able to get people to show up to an the event.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.