main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Chilla's stuff: Return from Hiatus w/ wallpapers (Jaina, Tenel Ka, Mara/Luke, LotR) page 22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chilla, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Great concept!!! i love the floating sabers, overall a fun peice to look at.

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    KRELYA:I simply adore it.:D You are a genius.I think I love you.[face_love] It's already on my desktop.:)

[face_blush] Thanks! [face_blush] [:D]

I like the way you thought to combine the beginnings(their wedding) and the present times (the way they are portrayed now)=D=

Thanks! I scanned the wedding picture in by myself, but I thought there had to be a bit more.

I can find no fault with this one.:) but of course I want more.[face_batting].Maybe with more images from the Japanese covers ,they look great on them. If you dont have them tell me and I'll give you the link where you can find them.:) Anyway as usual no pressure.:D

Thanks for the offer, but I already have them. [face_devil] I esp love how Mara looks there!

Sorry that most of the pics I used for the wallp don't have a good quality.

Cem_Fel:=D= I love the Mara/Luke Wallpaper. It looks great and I have to agree with KRELYA, it's combination of the old times with the present times is really interesting ;)
    And the Chibi looks so cute. :)

[:D] well done like always, Master :)

Thanks! [:D]
    Glad you like it!

BIEREN: Great concept!!! i love the floating sabers, overall a fun peice to look at.

Thanks! :)
    I'm just a bit sad I couldn't give the lightsabers hilts a bit more of a comic-look. But again, I did the blades myself and honestly, after Photoshop crashed without any reason when I was almost done and hadn't saved it for a long time, I tried not to make it all too complicated.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice update, Chilla! I just love the Luke/Mara w/p: beautiful colors, and wonderful selection of images (KRELYA is right that highlighting their relationship from wedding to the present is a wonderful touch--and BIEREN is also right about the novelty of the floating lightsabers, which also reminds me of Nirauan... [face_thinking] ;) ). The little chibi of your friend is also cute! Those rectangular glasses are great (and she must be really happy about it, too!)! Wonderful work, both PS and the freehand!

FF

4. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    FalconFan: Thanks! [:D]
    My friend wants to put it into a picture frame. [face_blush]

To be honest, I couldn't remember how her glasses looked like, so I just drew them rectangular... xD

Okay, small update:

Jaina Solo wallpaper from the New Essential Chronology. Her blond hair color there bothered me so much I've darkened it a bit.

[image=http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2053/newessentialchronologyjis4.jpg]

Some time later:

Woops...guess this'll be a larger update....two more...

Aeris, a chara from Final Fantasy VII:

[image=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3606/aeriscopyjr6.jpg]

And an Anakin/Padme one!!!
    Shame on me!
    (don't like the PT)
    At elast it turned out quite good.

[image=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5403/anakinandpadmecopydh0.jpg]

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo! New stuff! :D The New Essential Guide has Jaina with blonde hair?! AAACK!! I'm so glad you altered it, then--the red hair for her "smuggler disguise" would have been forgivable...but blonde?! Who compiles these things...? **shakes head** I really like the sort of "lens-flare" sparkles you've scattered around behind her--very cool--and the colors are wonderful! The FFVII piece is lovely--the framing is very well done, and again, very nice colors; it's like a beautiful portrait of her... :) And the Anakin/Padme is wonderful: a lovely quote, and lovely images; it's an interesting choice to almost have the viewer in Anakin's "place" for the larger image of Padme--as though the quote is her voice, spoken softly to him... I like it very much! Lovely all three of them! :D

FF

6. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    FalconFan: Oooo! New stuff! :D The New Essential Guide has Jaina with blonde hair?! AAACK!! I'm so glad you altered it, then--the red hair for her "smuggler disguise" would have been forgivable...but blonde?! Who compiles these things...? **shakes head**

Yeah, see for yourself:
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/90/Jaina_NEC.jpg]

I think that that's blond! (some others don't agree with me, though)

I really like the sort of "lens-flare" sparkles you've scattered around behind her--very cool--and the colors are wonderful!

Thanks! :) [:D]

The FFVII piece is lovely--the framing is very well done, and again, very nice colors; it's like a beautiful portrait of her... :)

I like it, too! I just wished I had a sharper picture of her....or some more.

And the Anakin/Padme is wonderful: a lovely quote, and lovely images; it's an interesting choice to almost have the viewer in Anakin's "place" for the larger image of Padme--as though the quote is her voice, spoken softly to him... I like it very much! Lovely all three of them! :D

[face_blush] I needed something for the empty space in the upper left corner, so I....wrote something poem-like in there. It's not a quote, though. [face_blush]

Glad you like them! [:D]

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Dunno what has gotten into me....another Padme. Took me ages to get Photoshop to do what I wanted. The stripes in her face are not my fault, though.

[image=http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1913/padmeamidalacopywv5.jpg]

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    You wrote the poem in the A/P piece? It's just beautiful, Chilla! Wow--you should write stuff to put in greeting cards (I know I'd buy that poem for my own hubby! **dreamy grin**)--that's wonderful!

And I love the newest Padme--what a beautiful image of Natalie! Very very pretty (and if you can get PS to do anything, I bow to your prowess with the program! I understand it can be very complicated to use, and can crash often...)!

FF

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Pick me! Oh, pick me, when you decide to turn that Padmé pic into a greeting card. You have my name & address, dear!

*will also do her best to meet you shortly on Wednesday to give you a certain SW art book!*

I phone you on Tuesday evening, okay?

*thinks you spend the time of your Easter holidays just beautifully!*

Please go on being creative!

10. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [:D]
    Yepp. At first I wanted to put some lyrics into it, but I couldn't quite find something short enough that fitted to them perfectly. So I had to write something myself. Usually it works just fine.

Now you've gotten me thinking about writing greeting cards.... [face_blush]

I'd put the dreaming Padme on the front page and when you open the card, you'll face Padme/Anakin with the poem. How's that? But the usual greeting card is white, not black...

And I'm not very good at Photoshop. I've seen far more beautiful wallpapers where I just thought: How the heck did they do that?!
    And I'd wanted the moon to be lighter, more like silver.

I do have you address, indeed. But why send a card when we're actually meeting in two days? :p

Okay, just phone me. But I'm afraid I'll really need that book to be more creative! ;)
    [:D]

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    What NO postcards from Poland and England?

*tries to sulk!*

Dang, there is too much of your master in you: sweetness & logical reasoning!

*is lost in a sea of dark side chocolate!*

Okay, I give you that book as soon as possible.

*should suport your developement!*

12. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I don't know how I missed the New Jaina wallpaper, but I love it. Also Padme is just beautiful. great job on both!

13. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Sorry. [face_blush] I didn't have the time to send cards and to be honest I thought showing self-made photos would be even better. [face_blush]

But I'm a sith... :p So I guess it's okay, isn't it? :p ;) [:D]

[:D] Mum! I'll try to print something out for you. Is white as a background color okay?

Thanks! :) [:D]
    You've ever visited my website?`[face_thinking]

14. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Ui, you have new art, master :D

I like your Jaina-wallpaper and with darker hair it looks really well and a lot more like Jaina ;)

The one of Aeris is also a great one, it looks so beautiful, I like the background you used, it fits her :)

The Anakin/Padme wallpaper is beautiful, too. I don't think Anakin looks all to beautiful on it, but Padmé is just [face_love] and your second Padmé Wallpaper I really like, too, although I prefer the first one. I don't like the picture of Padmé so much, the other one is more beautiful in my opinion :)

But these are great pieces of your art, Master [:D]

15. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Ui? o_O :p

I'm glad you like the darkened-hair Jaina. She was just way too blond.

And I drew the background for Aeris myself, so I'm glad you like it. It's my current wallpaper. [face_shhh]

And I'm happy everyone likes the Anakin/Padme one so much.

Thanks! [:D]

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I really love your Anakin/Padme wallpaper too, very nice work there, and your Padme wallpaper is beautiful also! I particuarly like the colours you have used in them along with the style of the writing, gorgeous! :D

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks very much, Blue! [:D]

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

19. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *waits very patiently!*

"Master taught me that nasty sith trick. Wait patiently and sooner or later people can NOT help to obey your wishes, while you smile at them full of pride. Always works on me though..."

*smiles at Chilla and waits...*

"Oh and by the way: you also make a fantastic wallpaper, dear!"

*gives you

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Hannover%20BRD/Theresasbirthday8.jpg]

and smiles even more!*

21. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Ooh, can't wait to see your Anakin and Millenium falcon works :D And is it that close to easter already? Ai, i'm so ill prepared these days XD

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Therefore sit down, alone or with Cem

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Hannover%20BRD/117Theresasbirthday18.jpg]

and work, work, work, because we are all hungry for more!

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    :_| Those pics of me looks awful! I look like I've taken drugs or something like that. *hides*

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

*shakes head violently and puts hands in her sides!*

"You look cute, gorgeous and perhaps a bit tired!"

*hugs silly young woman!*

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    If you say so... [face_worried]

Bah, it took me an hour to upload these four images cause imageshack was freaking out today.... [face_frustrated]

Here comes the Millennium Falcon from the book "How to draw Star Wars":

[image=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/383/milleniumfalconrr2.jpg]

Well, I had the first image of the Falcon (more or less) as displayed in the book, then I thought: So far, so good. - Let's stop now, before I can screw it up. [face_blush]
    As you can see, I've continued drawing but it took me several minutes to convince myself to do so.

Falcon:

[image=http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3984/falconeb9.jpg]

Anakin:

[image=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5475/anakinskywalkerwt8.jpg]

I was determined to shade him, but then I noticed that there's only half of him shaded in the book. 8-}
    That why the upper half looks better than the lower half, since I have no clue of how to shade clothes and had to do it myself here. [face_blush]

My drawing of Anakin:

[image=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5631/anakinskywalkertj6.jpg]

Note that his upper body is too large....and I'm not very happy with him cause he doesn't look like Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.