main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Chilla's stuff: Return from Hiatus w/ wallpapers (Jaina, Tenel Ka, Mara/Luke, LotR) page 22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chilla, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey Scott! [:D]
    Wow, it's awesome to see you back here!!! :D

[face_dancing] Glad you like it!
    I'm not that happy with Anakin because he doesn't look exactly like...himself, but I'm glad everyone accepts the "crippled" version. :p

The book is kinda expensive, but I'm sure there's lots to learn from it. :)

Thanks for having a look!!! [:D]

2. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Well I think ypu have done quite good things on the psp pictures. I found myself somewhat unable for Paintshop. I am too stoopid for Layers :p

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Just dropped in and saw your drawings. They are beautiful and especially the Falcon

4. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks, morri! [:D] And layers are pretty complicated, if you ask me. I always get confused when using them.

[face_blush] Aw, thank you! [:D] I'm glad you like them.

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    As I said, take you time to be brilliant!

*hugs back!*

6. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Well, I took mine, but I can't say whether the outsome is brilliant. [:D]

Here's the next update:

A small Kyp Durron drawing. I edited the earlier one to make him appear more male, but I only used one pencil (4B, I think), so he looks a lot older and darker. I imagine that what he was like after the incident with Exar Kun and his destruction of Carida, with now the murder of millions of people resting on his shoulders.
    Stupid is that his mouth is in the wrong place, it should be a bit more to the left an up in his face.... *sighs*

[image=http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3448/kypdurron001fp1.jpg]

Just a small sketch I did in school, one of my very few attempts at drawing Animes. Guess I should have made her ears a bit longer, but I couldn't erase anything.
    The lines are no photoshop effect, btw. I drew it on my college block and there was something next to it that I didn't want to have in the picture as well.

[image=http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8705/animeelfvm4.jpg]

Next a Final Fantasy X wallpaper I did today, in two versions. I'm in love with it. [face_love]

[image=http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6070/finalfantasy1copyld2.jpg]

Here are the pics I used for the wallpaper and I edited the background image until the faces of Yuna and Tidus were gone.

[image=http://www.finalfantasytr.com/artwork/artworkler/Tetsuya_N/ff10/karakterler/18.jpg]

[image=http://www.finalfantasytr.com/artwork/artworkler/Tetsuya_N/ff10/cg/002.jpg]

Here is the second version:

[image=http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5736/finalfantasy2copytm9.jpg]

The resolution for the wallpapers is 1280x1024, btw.

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This way Kyp looks sulking!

*laughs!*

But yes, he looks more male than before.

*also likes your anime!*

What about doing some SW anime soon, dear?

*looks dreamingly at wallpapers!*

Well, I call this a very nice up-dates that contains a lot of your various skills. Please go on!

8. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] He really does. xD

I've thought about drawing a comic, but I guess I'm not good enough at drawing yet and need to practise more ebfore I try that.

And glad you like my wallpapers. [:D]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great drawing of Kyp. I am using only one kind of pencil and mostly oil-colours

10. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thank you! [:D] You're really good at drawing. Water-colors are a nightmare for me, so I haven't tried oil-colors yet and have great respect for those who do. :)

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Practice you must then, for comic I wait!!!

*is actually a bit sick from the smell of acryl colours she did use between 7:00 pm and NOW 2:00 am!*

I better go to bed and end this madness of mine for today!

12. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Okay, I will. :)

Wow, that's a long time. [:D] But the results are great!

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice expression on Kyp, Chilla--I think you did a good job capturing the "darkness" that was in him then. I'm going to suggest you take a look at a couple of online references for drawing human heads--I think they will be helpful with proportions and features. One of the things I'm really liking in your recent work is the shading--it gets better and more defined all the time, so good job with that! ;) :D The wallpapers for Final Fantasy are lovely: the way you've arranged the figures is almost like the standard astrological arrangement for the sign of the Twins, Gemini--they're usually depicted in an "opposing and mirror" positioning like this. Very beautiful colors too (I like them all!)! Your skills with PS are really developing quickly--as with your drawing, too! :)

Keep up the great work!

FF

14. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Drawing anime is hard at the beginning, I tried too! maybe the face is too angular... try to reproduce the faces of the characters in the manga you have, then try to draw them by heart without looking at the manga. It works! ^^

Nice wallpapers, too! ;)

15. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Just two days too late... I think, I'm getting better :D

Your Kyp looks really good, the shadows of his face are great, but he looks old and tired. After Exar Kun he has any right to do, I just think his hair is too... it's not shaggy, messy enough. It could be a bit wilder ;)

I also like your anime-drawning. You should try some more Chibis :D And your wallpapers are just [face_love] I don't know very much of FF, but it looks great!!!

[:D] and now my akku is very low and I need to go! *hurries, before her Computer shut down*

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks, Debbie! [:D]
    I'm glad you can see some progress in my drawings. I hope you'll like the next one even more.

Thanks! That's a great idea; I totally have to try that out! [:D] Thanks for commenting!

[face_laugh] You are! [:D]

Even more wilder hair?! :eek: Poor boy! Guess then I'd have to give him a comb, too.

Hm...Chibis...are fun! When I have more time, I'll definitively draw a few more.

Ah well, I still have to do my homework and eat something and it's already 9:56 pm.... [face_blush]

[:D]

My next drawing! It's for the ANH collague. I've got C-3PO and the Ithorian from the Mos Eisley cantina as characters.
    Here is the Ithorian.

[image=http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6138/ithorianpl0.jpg]

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, that really looks great, Chilla! You did an excellent job with the shading and overall anatomy of the character. And I want to say that you really came a long way with the hands - they look fantastic! You went in there and rendered the heck out of the fingers and really made them come to life. Nice job! :D

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That Ithorian is a real lifelike drawing. Great

19. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    :D One day [face_peace] (but it will take me a bit longer to comment your new chapter, I'm afraid)

[face_laugh] Yeah, give him a comb, if it will change anything. I'm always thinking, Kyp has hair, which has its own will
    :p

Your Ithorian looks great! The shades and the drawing itself is perfect, it's a wonderful piece of art, Master [:D]

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I love it! The shading is quite wonderful, very clean and with good contrast between light and dark. Very nice.=D=

21. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thank you!!! [face_dancing] [:D]
    They're alive? Awesomeness! :D They turned out to be easier to draw than I'd thought. I had a reference for this, but still, esp the inside of the hand worked really well! I'm so happy with this one! :)
    I think it taught me a lot, especially about hands! :p

Aw! Thank you! [face_blush] [:D]

I'm so glad you like it! [:D]

Just take your time! :)

Hm...maybe two combs will help! :p

Thank you very very much! [:D] I'm always having a hard time with shading things, so glad it turned out right.

22. jedipencil

jedipencil Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 1 VIP

Oct 30, 2006
    Great Ithorian, Chilla! You draw better hands than I do...=D=

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I was merely lucky this time. Usually I screw it up when I have to draw hands.

And your hands are awesome! :)

Thanks for commenting! [:D]

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow!! =D==D= GREAT job drawing the Ithorian, Chilla! He looks a lot like the one our beloved Cheveyo did for us, that graces the banner here--wonderful proportions, great shading and clean lines--great contrasts! I love the drapery of his cloak, too--all around a fabulous job! =D= A fitting addition to the 30th collage! :D

FF

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks again, Debbie! (at DA, too!) [:D]
    [face_blush] I hope C-3PO will be as good as him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.