1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Chilla's stuff: Return from Hiatus w/ wallpapers (Jaina, Tenel Ka, Mara/Luke, LotR) page 22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chilla, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. rhi-sparks Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WOW CHILLA. :eek:
    Your drawing is really improving! WELL DONE! =D=
  2. LittleZion Jedi Knight

star 1
    Chilla your last drawing is very good !
    I love the black and white' placement.

And I love the Ithorian' expression lol

Bravo ! ;)
  3. Giolon05 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Your Ithorian looks perfect! For reference, given that he's the one from the Mos Eisley cantina, he's Momaw Nadon.
  4. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] Thanks! [:D]
    I'm glad to hear that I'm making some progress.

Lol! If you can call that an expression. :p

So glad you like it! [:D]

Yes, it's Momaw from the cantina. I actually used the two pictures of him from wookieepedia for reference. I'm just always forgetting how his name is spelled. :oops: [face_blush] 8-}

Thanks for commenting! [:D]
  5. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Here is C-3PO now. He doesn't look very good if you ask me, but it's the best I can do. He's far more complicated than I'd thought.

[image=http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5083/c3poof3.jpg]
  6. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Treepio is looking like the one from AOTC and for black and white he is good
  7. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you! I'm glad he looks like C-3PO at all, regardless of which one. :p
  8. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Great job with C3PO!! =D==D= I've never attempted to draw him myself (far too complicated--wires and metal and shiny, oh my!), but have great respect for those that do--this is a wonderful drawing of him! You got the face exactly, and the shading is great! It's going to look outstanding in the collage! :D

FF
  9. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] Thanks so much, esp cause it's the second time you've commented on it! [:D] :* I'm so happy and I hope it'll look good in the collage; I was really afraid I'd screw it up and signing up for the collage had been a mistake. [:D]
  10. DarthUncle Force Ghost

star 5
    Should be complimenting you here more [:D] I think both the Ithorian and C-3PO have very very good shading! Of course we recognize C-3PO in that one, there's no mistaking him (well, apart from some droids that are only a different colour, but I'll decide they don't count, the imposters! ;)

I only recall having tried to draw him ages ago, when I was a few years younger then you are now, from bad quality reference pics in some "Strijd tussen de sterren" booklet (ie. Star Wars, in Dutch; from ~1987 or so) and a button of about 2cm diameter - he is complicated! And as I said above, you captured him really well, with a lot of details. For example, the shading around his ankles brings out the slight ridges or seams around the end of his leg-plates very well. He might be looking a bit static compared to the ithorian, that's actually a problem with the character, he just does not really lend himself well to dramatic poses :p
  11. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I agree with my master & commander in all points:

a) we should post in here more often as your e-parents and RL friends

b) that SW art book that you shyly asked for for your birthday was a jolly good present for a talented young artist

c) that Ithorian looks better than all I have in my SW FACT FILES

and

d) of course that is C3P0. I never did doubt that at all. It looks like him and I envy you for your shading. Pencil is just NOT my medium. I tried though here:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/Moreflowers2.jpg]

or

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/Morefruits3.jpg]

I prefere acryl and plaster it all over the place most of the time. I do NOT have the patience for pencil paintings. I want quick results and explain what I feel. But you, you are brilliant and growing each day, hon!

12. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww, thank you so much! [:D]
    Glad you like him so much, and he's really complicated. Don't think I'll volunteer for drawing him again.
    Thanks, Dad! [:D]

Those looks wonderful, Ma! [:D]
    Growing each day? If you and FalconFan continue like this, I'll grow in ego daily. I'd rather like to grow in height. O:)
  13. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Height does NOT matter. I never judge people by it, but by their character. And your´s is as great as your artistic skills, hon! I am glad that we became friends in August 2005 and that we will have the internet when your exchange student plans will come true. The JC boards will be like a finger of the force, keeping us in touch. I just hope you will have some spare time to be artistic then!
  14. Basement24 Jedi Knight

star 2
    3PO's lookin' good! He's tough, as are all droids with their little intricate parts and such. Your rendition is unmistakenly our Goldenrod! Keep it up!
  15. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] [face_worried] [face_blush] Thank you, Mum!

I'm so glad we've met, too! When I think about all the awesome people I would have never met if I hadn't joined the JC.....I mean, I was 14 and my English was awful. It's a miracle I even considered joining, let alone did it!
    We have to thank FalconFan for that, her awesome drawings always popped up when I searched with google for anything Star Wars and they led me here. :) [:D]

Thanks! :) I'm so glad I got him right.

Got a small update for you:

[image=http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1817/weddingcopyjg4.jpg]

Nothing special, just a Padme image edited (a bit too much) with a filter. The text brush is from Miss M
  16. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  17. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    "We have to thank FalconFan for that, her awesome drawings always popped up when I searched with google for anything Star Wars and they led me here."

**lip quivers**

Aww...you're so sweet, Chilla! [:D] I'm so flattered and grateful that I could be helpful that way! [:D]

And I love the new Padme wallie! So beautiful--that's my favorite image of her in her wedding dress--and the quote tightens my throat, as it's how most brides feel on their wedding day! ;) A beautiful piece! :D

FF
  18. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you! [:D]

[:D] I'm so glad I've met you! You're really a wonderful person.

I'm so glad you like it! [face_dancing] To be honest, I have no clue how brides feel on their wedding day, but I believe you when you say it's fitting. :)
  19. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I like that wallpaper a big deal, too. Because it reminds me of something I wanted to ask you!

*grins a big deal!*

So please, please inform me when you are back from your time aboard, dear, because DU & I will make some decisions soon... even though it might still take a year' s time and money to be saved for events. I also wish him to finish his Ph. D. nicely with no further delays or stress indicators!

*looks at your wallpaper again!*

Well done!
  20. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    [:D] Thanks, Mum!

Yepp, I saw your Pm. Sadly I still can't tell you an exact date when I'll be back and I doubt I'll be able to anytime soon. Might still take moer than a half year until I can say anything. :(
  21. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Another drawing. :D

It's supposed to be Emma Watson. (she portraits Hermine in Harry Potter)
    A friend of mine loves Harry Potter and especially Emma Watson, so I wanted to draw her and give it to my friend before I'll leave for my exchange visit.

[image=http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8534/emmawatsonkt5.jpg]
  22. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  23. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww, thanks so much! [:D]
  24. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I just love this portrait, Chilla!! =D==D= I get chills, seeing how fast and how far your skills are progressing with each successive piece you do! :D Beautiful shading, beautiful features, and I'm in love with her hair! The likeness is there--a few things are slightly different; but as I mentioned before--I wouldn't want you to alter this piece at all now (it's far too pretty as it is! :D ). There are a lot of "tricks" to getting an accurate likeness--holding the reference photo and the drawing up to a mirror to compare, turning the reference and drawing upside down and comparing--all these can help to "refresh" the eye, and give you another way to spot small errors in the drawing. Try these things next time you want an accurate likeness (try Harry next! :D )--I'm sure they'll help you! And I know your friend must be turning cartwheels over this wonderful gift--you're a very generous friend! :D

FF
  25. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] [:D]
    I'm so gald you like it so much. I've decided not to change anything about it because I'm totally in love with this drawing. I guess I'll miss it.
    Your tricks are always so wonderful and helpful! :) Thanks!
    But no Harry.....no no no! To get Harry you'd have to give me tons of real chocolate....
    I hope my friend will like it. I want to draw Jack Sparrow for another friend of mine, but.... [face_worried]

Thanks for the wonderful comment! [:D]
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.