main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Chilla's stuff: Return from Hiatus w/ wallpapers (Jaina, Tenel Ka, Mara/Luke, LotR) page 22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chilla, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Nice portrait, Chilla, I don't really recognize Emma Watson but I love the way you drew the eyes, they are fantastic! ^_^ I love the hair too.

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks for the kind comment.
    I'm not happy about the altering of her face as well, but I hope my friend will like it.... [face_worried]

3. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Oh... I wasn't here for a long time, I'm afraid...[face_blush]
    I'll try to change that...

Your C-3PO is just great, he looks perfectly, I have to admit and the Padmé wallpaper is also beautiful. :)

But now to your newest work, the portrait of Emma Watson. I'm not the biggest fan of her, since I'm too spoiled from my friends and their dislike of her. But this drawing of her is just totally beautifully and so perfect! You have really improved a lot over the time, her eyes are impressing, so "lebensfroh" and the nose and mouth are just... Her whole face is wearing a slighly amusing , but also serious expression and her hair is so well done.
    I'm really impressed by it[:D]

4. CorellianScoundrel

CorellianScoundrel Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2005
    Hi Chilla!
    What an amazing job you are doing with your drawings. Keep it up! You have a lot of talent, and your drawings are really nice. I'll make sure to stop by to check all your new ones.

Take care my little one. I hope everything is going well. Is nice to hear from you again.

Cheers!! [:D]

5. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi you guys! Thanks so much for all of your support. And CS, it's great to hear from you again. It has been AGES!!!

Now, some more or less sad news:

I'm in the USA as an exchange visitor, in fact, I've arrived a month ago. But sadly, my hostfamily and I have just moved and have no internet access yet. Also, school here has started already and takes up most of my day, so I don't think I'll be able to stick around here much. I've got to announce my hiatus.
    So: Sorry if I don't reply for a long long time, I'm really busy right now.

But I hope you're alright. Thanks for everything, and I'll be back!

(I live in Indianapolis now.)

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Chilla!!! **Wookiee-hugging commences** I knew you were "away" for the summer, but didn't realize you were in the US on student exchange! Welcome to the USA (I hope you're having more fun than moving...)! Not to worry about the "sabbatical;" we'll happily wait until you check in again (and FYI--most public libraries have internet access and provide computers--check to see if you can find one!)! Thanks for letting us know how and where you are--and I've heard Indiana is a lovely state! :D Take care--best of luck in school!

FF

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *is also relieved to here from her darling!*

I was close calling your mother in Germany to check out about you and by the way, I finally was able to get the pictures of your birthday party online!

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Hannover%20BRD/Theresasbirthdayagain2.jpg]

You are missed and cared for... even though DU & I have been utterly busy with things!

We keep our fingers crossed for you and will have settled down happily when you are back from the US!

8. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    It's very lovely![face_love] And I can't help smiling when I saw it.

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *is glad that NL is still NOT to stressed out to be smiley and wonders if she should call Chilla' s parents to get an up-date!*

10. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    OMG long time no see, I was beginning to worry you'd left - left if you catch my drift lol.
    Glad to hear you're having an awesome time in the US :) Oh I just wanted to say a huge thanks by the way - been having lots of nice feedback from that piece you dared me to do ;)
    Take care of yourself girlie! :)

11. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    First, welcome to the Hoosier state! (I'm from just south of Indianapolis and am currently at school in Bloomington).

I hope ything goes well with the exchange program, moving, and school!

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I really, really must call your parents to check out...

*hugs anyway!*

DU and I think fondly of you!

13. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Hay welcome to the US! I hope you enjoy your stay.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I called your parents and nobody was in. But your mom called me back to let me know that you are fine, but seldom on-line. I should have asked her for your postal address.

15. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi folks!
    Things are a bit rough with my exchange visit at times, but I'm hanging in there. I have neither photoshop nor the time to do anything. My host granddad gave me an (broken) laptop, though, and if we can fix it, I might get to install photoshop and get started again.
    But at the moment, I have absolutely no time for anything. I can't see myself picking up a pencil and drawing anytime soon. Sorry about that.
    At the moment, pretty much the only time I can get online is in school...

But thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be here and able to see your guys home country. Indiana is really nice. Love Cincinnati more, though. It has more hills. Indianapolis is kinda flat...

@ Nicole: We moved to a new hosue and are still working on it! But we did almost all the work on the hosue ourselves. I learned how to put down wood boards for the floor. xD
    And I'm really successful at painting myself. Must be my arty side. ;)

Anyway, hope to talk to you again, soon!

Take care, Theresa

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *hopes the 2nd Christmas card did arrive in the right place!*

Actually, I would like to have your new adress...

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey everyone!
    I've switched host families (long story) and among other things, I've got more internet time now.
    Here are a few wallpapers I've made:

Star Wars:

Jaina:

[image=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3377/pilot2copygh1.jpg]

[image=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4958/pilotcopyyg7.jpg]

[image=http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2759/swordofthejedicopyhq6.jpg]

Mara and Luke:

[image=http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/566/unioncopyak6.jpg]

Tenel Ka:

[image=http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6412/tenelkacopyoq3.jpg]

LotR:

Arwen:

[image=http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7828/arwencopyfx7.jpg]

Galadriel:

[image=http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6372/galadrielcopywl0.jpg]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved them all. Great new stuff.

19. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hi Chilla,

I like these, especially the TK one, lovely colours and it's very atmospheric :D

I'm more impressed by your drawing, and looking through your gallery, amazed by how much you've improved!~ :D Beautiful shading on C-3PO, and that Emma Watson portrait is absoloutely gorgeous [face_love] I love the way you did her eyes and hair!

Looking forward to more :)

20. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thank you! :)

Thanks!

I'm not drawing very much right now, but I'm going to an art class, so I might be doing some SW related artwork soon.
    I'm so glad you like them.

[:D]

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Chilla! [:D] Glad to see you're back and you have more Internet time! :D [face_dancing]

The wallpapers look great! I love them all. [face_love] I think I like Tenel Ka's wallpaper the best. There's just something about it, but all of them are fabulous. :D

22. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Hay Chilla!

I really like your new stuff! my favorite I think are the TK and the Mara and Luke pieces. I can fell the emotion poring off of them. great job! hopefully we will see more new stuff soon!

23. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I have to pipe in and agree with a lot of the previous comments here--my favs of the recent work are Jaina (dark), the TK piece and L/M (...emotional sniffle...)--all are superb! As usual, your "economy" with images and composition really appeal to me--very nice work!

FF

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Indy's just meh ;) Glad you had time to do wallpapers, though -- they're awesome!! :)

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Really great artwork/Wallpapers, I have to admit I like the first Jiana one best with the whiteout. It gives it more the sense of a freeze frame from a battle with a close hit or near miss temporarily blinding her.

Hope your enjoying the US, and I agree with you on the view and it being too flat. I live in AK and if there aren't mountains around I get lost and it just doesn't...feel right not to see the earth rising up to great and guide the weary travelor and the rested the same with the signs of stone above where trees dare to grow, and the safety and dangerous power they hold within and the life wrapped around them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.