main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Chilla's stuff: Return from Hiatus w/ wallpapers (Jaina, Tenel Ka, Mara/Luke, LotR) page 22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chilla, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Chilla--still loving the Shaak Ti piece, in either version--it's just a great piece! And I agree with J_C_Faofa about moving the "lightsaber Jaina" image--it is distracting, right there over the nose of the primary image. Other than that, I also agree that this is a great composition--very "kinetic" and full of energy! Nice job!

FF

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Okay, here is the second version:

Without A Name 2

3. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Have done a nice animated banner for my site. Just want to know if you like it.

banner

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Without A Name v2: Excellent Chilla! That works perfectly, looks much better now. This is my favorite piece from yours. Great job!

Your banner is cool too!

5. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Nice work with both the banner and the wallpaper. Jaina fan much? ^_~

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo, "Without A Name" v.2 is wonderful, Chilla! Much better, with the "lightsaber Jaina" moved over--it really strengthens the composition, I think, and adds some more focus to that side of the piece. Well done! And the animated banner is great too--is that on your site? Very cool!

FF

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks! And yes, it's true. [face_love] her.

Yes, it is. At my multimedia page and my link in page..... (link to my homepage is in my sig)

I'm glad you all like it.

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I love your animated banner Chilla. I am ashamed to admit, but I have no idea how that is done. I confess, I am a computer idiot.

AG88

9. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Do you have Photoshop? And don't worry, I learned it from the Photoshop intern help.

10. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    "Without a Name" looks great! It was a much better idea to move the 'lightsaber Jaina' as you did, and I love how you blended the Rogue Squadron in the image. Good choice of colours - they beautifully play off eachother well and I also really like the font you used. Not to mention that the animated banner is spiffy. :)

...Is that an upside down face there in the light purple? I initially thought it was just part of the space BG.

- Suz ^_~

11. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks very much for stopping by, Suz. Yes, that was a Jaina picture from a the japanese bookcover of Balance Point, were she was in a bacta tank.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/books/bookcovers/jpn/images/balancepoint.jpg]

12. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    thats a cool picture. :) it seems han doesn't look any older than he should be... lol :p

13. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Little update, a non-SW girl: (did it in the Math lesson a few months ago)

Girl

And my current art project. The topic was "my dreamroom". Unfortunetly the pictures aren't very sharp.

1.picture
    2.picture
    3.picture
    4.picture

14. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    thats pretty cool. :) I like it.

15. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks a lot! [:D]

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow Chilla, your "Math class Girl" is wonderful! It's so interesting, how sometimes with just a few strokes of pencil or pen you can capture such feeling: she has a very classical look to her, as if from a Renoir sketchbook or something--and there's a definite sense of "wistfulness" to her posture and face, as though she may be dreaming of something she isn't yet able to realize in her life... A lovely sketch, and one you should definitely keep in your portfolio!

And your "dream room" is very cool! Is this for an architecture or interior design class, or just an exercise in development of an artistic idea? In any case, I think Your_Worshipfulness will be so flattered that her outstanding portrait of Madonna has a prominent place on your wall! ;) (I love that sketch, too! :p ) The room looks like a very inviting space, and you might consider implementing it in your own for-real room if it's possible! Could there be interior design in Chilla's future...? [face_thinking] Perhaps...perhaps! ;)

FF

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Yes, I think I should cut it out and keep it.
    First I wanted her leaning on a balustrade, but it didn't work and you can erase the strokes of a pen just once.....So I didn't finish her. Maybe it's better this way.

Thanks, FF.
    It was just a normal art project, we had to design a room.... :rolleyes: (booorrrriiiinnng!)
    But in RL, I'm very happy with my Ep.4 and 5 and a LOTR poster.....though I like the idea of having a few of my wallpapers on my walls.

btw: did you notice my SW books in the "dream room"?

But maybe you'll also like this just-for-fun stuff:
    1.Jaina T-Shirt
    2.Jaina T-shirt
    Girl T-Shirt (used a filter on this)

18. Immortal-Soul

Immortal-Soul Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Very cool stuff.
    And your dream-room is very pretty ;)

19. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thank you very much for having a look, Immortal_Soul. :)

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Hey, excellent work Chilla!

First of all, I want to let you know that "Without A Name 2" immediately brought a single word to mind - "Dangerous". You really pull out some emotion from your audience with this one - great job!

Your animated banner is very cool and professional-looking.

As for "Girl", I agree with FalconFan - a lot of emotion there in a simple drawing and it does have a Renoir-esque feel about it.

Re: Designing a room - LOL! We all have to do stuff we don't want to! But you did a fine job, and you never know what you'll learn doing any project...

Your T-shirts are fun. My favorite is the first - that image has such a strong echo of Leia's face.

Looking forward to whatever you'll be working on next!

oldj

21. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, didn't expect so many nice comments about my stuff. Thanks! [:D]

Hm....finally found a person who looks a lot like Jaina. (even I am tired of the few Jaina pics we have)
    Did a nice wallpaper:

Kate Beckinsale

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Ha, now something for all of these Aayla Secura fans:

1280x1024

Like it or not?

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    AAACK! I've missed a lot of recent stuff in here (again!)! I'm going to just have to drop in at least once each day Chilla to see what you've been up to! :p

I like the Jaina T-shirts, and I have to agree with oldj that the first one is my favorite: there is a strong echo of Leia in the face, but also of Han, with that little "smirk" she's wearing here! Plus, I just see Jaya pulling her hair back this way when she's on duty (ie., the flight jacket)--it just seems proper, somehow.

The Kate Beckinsdale (sp?) w/p is lovely--very pretty colors, and good choice of images.

And on the Aayla piece, I love the b/g of stars and the sort of "nebula" effect you have going on, but I think it would be a stronger composition if you "sharpened up" one of those images of Aayla--my eye tends to prefer the one on the left, but if you emphasized either one of them, I think it would give it a better impact. Again--very nice composition.

Hope school is going well, and keep on drawing (and yes, you should definitely keep "Math Class Girl!" She's very lovely!)!

FF

24. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks FF! [:D]

My big brother told me how to do the stars, so I did them on my own.
    I'll try to fix it.

Hm...I have a Math lesson tomorrow....... :D

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hi Chilla! Your animated banner is way cool! I also really like your little bedroom diaromma, it's nice seeing different sorts of artwork that are represented here - it doesn't always have to be just wallpapers or drawings :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.