main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chiming in

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Tandeer, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    *****The CR is not the one who decides if a group is active or not. The CR is a leader elected by a majority of the group. If someone wants to pick up the role as leader of the group I think they should. Send out some emails to past members of the group and put some flyers up around town. That should help drum up some interest up in your area. I?ll be here to answer question of anyone as any. I check the boards multiple times a day.*****

Thank you Elizabth. I'm glad to see that people are still interested. After the whole incident that caused so much strife I continued to hold meetings on our scheduled date for about 6 months. No one showed up or even came to this board, so I just gave up. You can only butt your head against a brick wall so many times.

If the folks are interested in meeting again, awesome. I will give up my role as CR and they can elect someone else.

I have been flirting with the idea of starting a group for the kids at my work as soon as I can get the principals permission to hold meetings on school property. I know when I asked the Admin about this before, I was given the okay. Given that this is the end of the school year, I am shooting for a a start date in Aug.

I hope everyone is fine and doing well.

Bright Smiles
    Tandeer

2. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Hey Deb,

Just a short post to let you and everyone know that the SW fan film we started in 2005 is finally drawing to completion.

With an amazing amount of set backs, we have rose above and pressed on. I am determined to get the film completed.

The scheduled release date for the entire film, complete, is 07.07.07.

We have just finished the TRAILER and have gotten rave reviews for it.

We busted our butts and came up with a short 2 min trailer to submit to this year's FAN FILM CONTEST since they now allow a "expanded universe theme" which we were turned down for last year. Wish us luck!

The new 2007 TRAILER is uploaded to the KFF website and is downloadable for all to see. Total runtime 2 min.

I am also redesiging the Knight School website to show more of what has transpired thusfar.

It is in APPLE'S Quicktime format so ensure you have the latest version 7+ to view it.

Please download it to your machine, don't click and play it from the site. Plays better... :)

This is the HD version, but small to make the film easy to download.
    34MB <b>(Right click and choose "Save Target as...")</b>
    http://www.killeenfanforce.com/KnightSchool_FINAL_HD_Small.mov

This is the HD LARGE version.
    239MB <b>(Right click and choose "Save Target as...")</b>
    http://www.killeenfanforce.com/KnightSchool_FINAL_HD_Large.mov

Hope you all enjoy it and I look forward to seeing you all at the final release party in JULY with stories of CELEBRATION 4 to share.

MTFBWY.

Todd
    (Darth_Fairacon)

3. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    And this is why I stopped holding meetings. It appears that no one comes to the boards or if they do, they don't post. It's been more than a month since I started this thread. Perhaps it is time to let this group die?

Todd, I hope you did well at Celebration IV! I wasn't able to go, but I did get a call from Woody while he was standing in line to get in on opening day. I can't wait to hear all about the Master Replica party he went to. *S*

Bright Smiles
    Tandeer

4. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I look at the board from time to time just nothing to say. I do miss our group, we had a lot of fun.

5. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    So no comments about the trailer eh?

I didn't think we did THAT bad of a job on it....

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to go to C4. Wish I had... I did get a call from Woody though! :D

Please leave us some comments about the trailer.

The entire movie is due out 7-7-7.

:)
    Todd
    DF

6. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I've been waiting to take my que from you guys. If someone wants to try to get everyone together we will leave the boards up and see what happens. It is not right for me to make the call to close the forum since group members still express interest. If anyone has a question just ask even though I don't post I still read every time something is posted.

E

7. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Sorry Todd,

My big comp is still in the shop and my laptop just doesn't have the power to run the clip.

Bright Smiles
    Tandeer

8. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    the trailer was great and so was the film! My favorite character was Shta the twilek, she was cool!

9. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Sok, in time you will get to see it.

:)
    Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.