Chiss uniforms and clothing

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Nausicaa, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nausicaa Jedi Master

star 1
    First of all, I did find an old thread dealing with this subject (in fact, I posted in it, about 6 years ago), so if starting a new one is inappropriate, could I get a mod to unlock the old one?

http://boards.theforce.net/costuming_and_props/b10019/14833844/p1

On to the main subject -- my husband and I had an excellent time at Dragon*Con, where he was dressed as Grand Admiral Thrawn, and we decided that next year, we might do something a little different, and do an Outbound Flight-era Thrawn costume. I would like to make a Chiss costume for myself to go along with that, although I don't think I would do a specific character, I do like the idea of the longer robes, rather than a military uniform, for myself.

I am wondering what reference material I have to work with. Obviously there are the descriptions in Outbound Flight and Survivor's Quest, but I haven't read much of the later EU, so I don't know what material (if any) is in there. And are there any visual references? I haven't read any of the comics, either ... (shame on me). I saw some pictures on the wiki page (such as the picture in my avatar) but I don't really know how "official" those are. Also, how official is the uniform design from the cover of Outbound Flight? Does it show up in other places too? Because really, it's not my favorite ... it just looks very human to me (well, not even just human, but "Earth, Western") and I would like to design something that looks a bit more different.

I don't have any idea if some of the posters from the old thread are still around, but if you are -- I remember you had some nice sketches, unfortunately I don't remember the details, and none of the links work anymore. Any chance of reposting? Thanks :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.