main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA **CHOC Walk** Sunday, October 19th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Great news. I finally got us all on the CHOC walk. Bill is trying to arrange for that day off. So did I. Thought I would let everyone know. We are all very excited!

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Bill found out he has that day off. Yeah! We are all very excited.

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Let's hear it again...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yay for Bill & Sandy!

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've got a clear gallon sized jug on my desk that has a hole in it's lid. I've got CHOC stuff on it and stickers saying "Please Help Fill The Jar". It's about 3/4 full, coin and bills. I'm guessing there's at least $100 dollars in there.

I give the kids a Gobbstopper when they donate anything and am on the 2nd box of the candies. There's still two more full ones in a drawer so I'm ready to keep getting those donations! It's amazing what kids will do just to get a piece of candy! Oh well, it's all going to a great cause.

I'm hoping that the adults on campus are just as generous! I haven't hit them up yet.

7. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Hi there kiddies! Thought i'd check in real quick and actually participate on the boards. First off I'd like to give a --->=D= [face_dancing] For Bill + Sandy and another=D= [face_dancing] For Kari! This year's CHOC is gonna be great! What a group we've got going!

As a side note, whose going to the park afterward? Also, i've got reservations for breakfast at 10am at the storytellers cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel where we ate last time.

Here's a few pics of the park as of this past weekend...enjoy!

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/DisneylandDane908002.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/DisneylandDane908004.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/DisneylandDane908025.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/DisneylandDane908022.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/DisneylandDane908043.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/DisneylandDane908081.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/DisneylandDane908094.jpg]

8. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Those were great, Mike. The girls are so excited about this. The decorationa are fabulous. Yes we will bring the banner. Bill found how to put the banner in the cab of the truck for afterwords. Gonna be fun.

9. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Yay, Disneyland at Halloween! I told Seth the other day that we were going and he was so excited he started telling me all the rides that he remembers from Christmas last year.

I think I'll pass on the breakfast, the price sounded a bit steep to me and Seth barely eats anything anyway. We'll just have breakfast back at the hotel room before we leave. :)

10. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    This is Chrissy's favorite time of the year. As for me it is Christmas, but still love the decorations. We went to Disneyland a few years ago at Christmas time, and it was so beautiful. This is gonna be so fun. We are talking about going to the park after the walk. Thank you everyone for your support with us going this year.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    For anybody that's not able to join us in person but would still like to help out, you donation would be GREATLY appreciated!!! You can go here to sponsor me. Thanks!!

Mike, the pictures are great!! I can't wait!

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I was thinking about afterward for breakfast so that we could all go (being that storytellers cafe might be a little expensive), we could walk across the street to IHOP or Dennys. What do you all think?

Also i've got two shirts...does anyone need one or two?

13. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Is there going to be a waiting period in between the time the walk is over and when the park opens?

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    No...especially if we go eat. Go to Disneyland.com and click on calender for that day and it'll show their hours. :)

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hey there Kiddies! The plan for meeting to give out / pick up everyones t-shirts + wristbands to walk was decided to meet at 6pm on the 18th which is the day before CHOC.

I've come to a few ideas to do this.

1st: Meet at my hotel room and everyone pick up their stuff, visit, go their separate ways

2nd: Meet at a fast food restuarant at 6pm and pick up stuff

3rd (My favorite): We meet at 6pm at Buca di Beppo about 5 miles from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd. The atmosphere is totally awesome and the food is extremely reasonable with HUGE portions, (you'll be stuffed). We could order family style and save a ton of cash! Check out the website link and let me know what you all think (those going that is).:)

Website with directions, menu, prices: http://bucadibeppo.com/locations/location.aspx

16. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I've been to Bucca di Beppo's twice out in Upland. It is very cool and the food is delicious! If we can do family style that would work for me!

17. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    That sounds great for us, Mike. I love Italian food. Hope to hear about this more, soon.

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I wanna go to Del Taco!

Ha ha, just kiddin'!!!!

Option 3 sounds good to me!

19. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Very good choice...you have all chosen wisely:)

I've got reservations for 12 (that's Stuart + Amy as well) for 6pm on the 18th which is this Saturday...Yea!!![face_dancing]

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks, Mike!!

Oh, and a medium shirt, please.

21. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'll talk to the missus and see if she still wants to do this, I should make it but will be driving down the day of the event for it.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If you sign up for the Buca's eClub, you'll get a coupon emailed to you for a free appetizer. Free is good!

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I'm going to PM and call you so that you get your stuff and not to miss you. We'd love to see you for dinner / breakfast though. :)

24. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    That is great, Mike. We will see you there. By the way, our sizes our 1Small, 1 large, x/large x 2. Thank you for doing this.

25. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Mike, could you take me off the reservation list? I'm going to be coming into town later in the evening. Kari is going to pick up my stuff from you. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.