main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA CHOC WALK

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    But you can't send out links for donations until after you register. I don't think people would be willing to donate if you're just saying, this is what I'm doing, can you give me some money? I'm not registered yet, but once I get enough donations, I will be? I've sold all my stuff I didn't want in the yard sale. Anyway, the cost of registering is one thing; entry in the park is another. I don't want to do the walk if I have to turn around and go home afterward. If that sounds bad, sorry, but being the Disneyland lover that I am, that wouldn't be any fun. :( And I don't think many would willing to contribute to the "buy me Disneyland tickets" fund.[face_whistling] If things change between then and now, fine, but I can't responsibly cough up that money right now.

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    And I don't think many would willing to contribute to the "buy me Disneyland tickets" fund.

[face_laugh]

Yeah I get it and totally understand. If something changes, cool.:)

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Tomorrow I start my Twilight package raffle for CHOC. The prize is the first 3 books in the series, the Complete Illustrated Twilight Companion book, a mini New Moon movie poster I got as swag at Comic Con and a set of Wolf Pack cards I also got as swag at Comic Con.

I made up a few flyers, will put them up tomorrow and see what happens! 6th grade comes in on Wed and 7th and 8th on Thur. With all those teeny boppers, I'm hoping sales will be good!

I've also got my "Change for CHOC" jar up. I give the kids an Everlasting Gobbstopper if they donate anything. I'm also giving one of several posters (more comic-con sway) to anybody that donates $2.00.

I feel pretty lucky to be in a position to do these things.

Wish me luck!

4. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Good luck! [face_good_luck]
    :D

5. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I bet those crazy little Twilight people will donate to the cause a lot!!!!
    [face_good_luck]Good luck!!!!!

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The raffle was a bust and I ended up not doing it. Seems that the girls already have the books.

However..... I've hit over $50 on poster sales so I'll be signing up for the Walk this weekend!!!!!!!

[face_dancing]

7. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Every girl in school has the books?!
    I don't know if I should be scared or not.

At least the posters helped. :D

Now you can join us! Yay!! I'm gonna sign up Ronnie this weekend cuz I get paid.

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Wahooooo to the both of you!=D= [face_dancing]

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I have added this event to our Facebook group. As y'all sign up be sure to post a link to your page on the wall so people can sponsor you!

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It's official. I've paid my $50 (thank you Comic-Con free posters and Heritage students for purchasing them.), so I'm part of the IEFF Team!!!

[face_dancing]

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yea, I just got a donation through my Facebook link!!!!

We've only got 4 people signed up and need at least 2 more to make an official team.

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We've got five people signed up as of now. We need one more to officially walk as a team. Hey Nikol, Ronnie is walking with us correct? If so, great...we've got our team requirements met for CHOC! [face_dancing]

Hotel is reserved at the Quality Inn Maingate for the night before (Oct. 17th), so we're all set there. It's 1/2 mile from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd. This is where we first stayed on our first CHOC Walk in 2006. :)

You get free swag for walking and memories that will be with you forever. We raised $1151.00 last year and we were ranked #250 in 2007 and moved up to #177 in 2008 from over a thousand teams. Lets beat these numbers once again...we can do it! RA RA RA!!!

This is a great opportunity for us to make this our biggest year yet! We've gotten more donations and raised more money each year we do this. I'd like to see as many people at this as possible. We'll do our part to help out as will other folks in regards to sharing a room to save on cost of the hotel the night before (which is also part of the fun). Ridesharing, you name it we want you there!

Here's who we've got to walk so far:

Mike
    Wifey
    Dane
    Kari
    Nikol
    Ronnie (will be signed up soon)

Are we having Anyone else who'll be walkng with us? You're truly in for a memorable experience to say the least! You'll be glad you walked!:)

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Kris, if you want to sign up, I'll gladly help you out. Just bring $50 to the library one day after school and we'll take care of it right then. I'll put the money in from my bank account to get you registered, then head over to the bank and deposit the money you give me. No credit card needed.

How's this for shameless advertising??

If you're not able to walk, how about a small dontation for the team.

Dontate to the IEFF Team here.

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Bill...Sandy...are you joining us this year?:D

15. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    With our current situation, we are still not sure if we can make it. Our money is so tight, and we still need to order up propane, (so tired of not having a hot shower), and found out that the prices of propane are going up because of the winter season, so like I said before not sure if we can make it. We were going to pay up our current dues last weekend, but that did not turn out. Hopefully we will have some of our dues next week.

16. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    What date do we need to sign up with CHOC? That would be helpful with our paychecks. Our first paycheck after the wage garnisment is through is the 16th of October. Bill is trying to get that day off for CHOC( the 18th).

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    This is the CHOC Foundation Office number: 714.532.8690

Tell them you want to walk with our team Inland Empire Fan Force and what's the last day you can sign up. Ofcourse any other questions you have they'll answer for you.:)

18. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Thank you for the information.

19. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Ronnie is now registered for CHOC WALK!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!! :D

20. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    WE HAVE A TEAM! IT'S OFFICIAL! WAHOO!=D= [face_dancing]

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yea! We have an "official" team!

Anybody else joining?

Kris? I don't think we've heard one way or the other from you.

22. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    If I can get an extra 50 bucks I'll gladly take you up on your offer, Kari, and join you guys.

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    =D= I hope you can make it Kris, it'll be great to have you with us. When we get Bill + Sandy signed up (and maybe Kris), that'll put us at NINE people walking. Hey Allen...any news on you possible joining us? Ben how about you and the wife? :D

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Jen.... Emily???? The more the merrier!

I'm trying to talk Cyndi and April into joining us, too.

25. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We might have a few people from my bank walking with us as well. Will know soon and if they do, I'll let you all know!=D= [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.