main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA CHOC WALK

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    As I am not walking I am willing to donate $25. That means if one of you not walking wants to go you only need $25 cos with the added $25 from me you'll have the $50 required!

Any takers? I can paypal direct to you or donate via your page once you sign up.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
  3. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Sorry guys, I can't make the CHOC Walk. I will leaving for a conference in NY the same week for work. But I will defintely be able to make the Glen Ivy Star Wars Night in November.

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry you're going to miss it, Jen!!!

I got the following in an email!!

FREE Online Registration Wednesday, October 7

Register now at: www.chocwalk.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are really excited about this year's CHOC Walk!!!

On Wednesday, October 7 the minimum donation to Register online will not be required. Participants will be able to sign up, create a CHOC Walk account and start fundraising without having to enter a credit card or check online. Walkers will still need to raise a of minimum of $50 to participate in the CHOC Walk, however they have until Saturday, October 17th to raise it. Take advantage of this opportunity to get your team, friends and families registered for the CHOC Walk.

There are lots of new tools to help you fundraise--like Facebook and Twitter posts, an email tool box, and the ability to customize your homepage. Share with your friends and family why you Walk for CHOC!

Don't miss the Magic of the CHOC Walk!

Participants will have 24 hours starting from 12 am on Wednesday, October 7 to 12 am on Thursday, October 8 to register. After the 8th the $50 minimum donation will be required at the time of online registration.

5. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    You will be missed indeed. Have a great trip to NY and we'll see you in November for the SWN in Glen Avon.:)

6. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Oops I meant Glen Avon, my mind was wanting a spa day. Thank you, I hope you all have a great day.

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm all for moving it to the spa!!!

8. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    I'm there I could use a good manicure and pedicure add an avocado mask and a nap in the hot Mud bath could take 5 years off my face, let's do it!

9. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    FREE Online Registration Extended

Due to an overwhelming demand, CHOC would like to extend the Free Online Registration! The minimum donation to participate in the CHOC Walk will not be required when you register online. Participants will be able to sign up, create a CHOC Walk account and start fundraising without having to enter a credit card or check online. Walkers will still need to raise a of minimum of $50 to participate in the CHOC Walk, however they have until Saturday, October 17 at 3 P.M. to raise it. Take advantage of this opportunity to get your team, friends and families registered for the CHOC Walk.

10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Good luck, you guys!

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Okay folks, we've only got a few days left until CHOC!!!! [face_dancing] I just started counting the cash in my jar at school. There's a ton of coin to roll and it's still trickling in. How's everyone doing??

WARNING: SHAMELESS PLUG - If you're not able to participate but would still like to donate..... here's my donation page.

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    FYI...I'll be calling all who are walking this on thursday to give last minute updates. Got tied up today with work stuff. I'll give you the where, when and how tomorrow.

Also, i'll be volunteering for CHOC at the check in on behalf of the IEFF. Yes, that means pictures with the peeps in charge for our group resume. I'll be going there on Friday unless something changes. That said, i'll need to get with anyone who has cash or checks to bring with me. Again, i'll be calling you tomorrow early afternoon to schedule a time to get your money.

WE RULE!=D=

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks, Mike!!!!!

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Most of the change from my jar got rolled and counted. Including the cash, the total is $263. I'll get that deposited and sent over electronically to CHOC before Saturday.

15. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Done! O:)

16. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Messa finally back. We won't be able to join you all this weekend. We finally have enough money to get caught up on all of our bills. We are finally back on the forums again. We were without the home phone and the cell phones. Still don't have enough to pay the cell phones, but we are finally getting our propane. So glad our finacial situation is turning around. We hope you all have a great time at the CHOC walk. We will be thinking of you all. And the Falcon is back up and running again. Yeah! Had to do some creative things, but at least she is back with us again. We can make the library event in November, with the Falcon. I can PM Mike with the home phone number, later.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    THANK YOU!!!!! [:D]

18. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Hope you guys have a great time!

19. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    CHOC was fun. We all had a good time. :D
    Ronnie put up pictures somewhere.
    I'll try to find the link.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here are my pictures.

Nikol, would you ask him to upload them into our album? Let me know if you need the password.

21. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Boy, you all had a great time. Great pictures, Kari. We really missed not being there this year. Star Tours will be closed by next year's CHOC walk, I am asuming. Maybe next year we will be there. Chrissy would have gone crazy seeing Jack Scellington and the other character from Nightmare. Her favorite movie, other than Pirates. Sorry I am not very informed with that movie, yet.

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Wow, great pics! Sorry I missed it. Maybe next year.

Can't wait to hear how much you guys raised. :)

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
  24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    To those of us that walked... we still have until the 30th to hit the $1200 donation goal our fearless leader set for us. Anybody else working on it?

We only have $280 to go!

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    $255 left for a team goal. That's less than $50 of donations to get per person.

Anybody else working towards this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.