main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Choices - Dark Leia/Palpatine/Luke/Vader/Mara etc Angst/Drama A/N and thanks for voting Best Action!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrentusofGath, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotionWright

MotionWright Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    She stood and her slender fingers caressed the back of his hand as she grasped the hilt. A sadness made her cheeks flush and her fists clench when he winced and pulled away.

Crimson soon filled the room with gleaming death. The tip of the deadly weapon pointed mercilessly at the Sith Lord.

The Sith don't take rejection well, do they?

I fear to think of how she'll react if/when she finds out about the lies he told her.

Knowing how this is going to end, there's something heartbreakingly poignant about it.

Then there was Han. A flickering image hung in the background like a dusty portrait in the cobwebbed attic of her mind.

A very good image. :)

He was still there, tugging her away from the Emperor, though she doubted he would ever want her in her present condition.

Considering Han is responsible for her "present condition" - he brought her to the Emperor, didn't he? - it would be hypocritical of him to think less of her for it. And who is he to judge her when he is a traitor to both sides...?

The last scene was intriguing. I wonder who the lightsaber-wielding humans were.

Chewie's death was gruesome, IMO. And you didn't even describe it in detail. Talk about painting a picture with few words ...

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    That scene with Leia and Palpy... dang. (Palpatine won't let the sith, which is his own self, hurt her? Did I read that right?)

Luke shouldn't have left them to go confront dear old dad. (Chewie! Wedge! Wah!)

Good post. :)

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that, lol! Like minds and all that, lol. Sounded like something Han might say.
    :) Great minds think alike ....

I could never do that to your favorite flyboy. happy Now will he live, that's the question
    Gah - I knew as soon as I read that that you had evil plans. :(

However I DID like the idea of having Wedge as the leader of the strike team. :) But why did you have to kill him ....why?!!! ;)

I absolutely love this idea of the Palpy/Sidious duality.

Her blade extinguished and she flung herself against him, wrapping her arms tightly around him. A wound opened within her in that moment; a wound for the Sith Lord she loathed and the man that was like her father, yet so much more. She only wished it was one or the other in the body, not both together.

Then there was Han. A flickering image hung in the background like a dusty portrait in the cobwebbed attic of her mind. He was still there, tugging her away from the Emperor, though she doubted he would ever want her in her present condition.

Ah - so Palpy/Sidious hasn't taken complete control. Beautiful imagery too. :)

And then I like the way you give us Han's thoughts about her - lovely balance.

The agony of Vader's indifference cut so close to the heart, it seemed a piece of Luke had been sliced off by the Sith's blade.
    I loved that description - it gets right in to poor Luke's soul. In fact your abaility to give us the inner workings of all your main characters is really excellent. I have always loved stories that get into the psychology of people.

Awesome ending - gruesome and sad - but awesome. =D=

4. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    This just gets stranger and stranger. I've completely given up trying to guess where you're gonna go with it next.

The Leia/Palpy thing is definitely ... intriguing. Does she think of him as a father, or as a ... Hmm. That's a difficult image. But, Sith Lords need love, too. We know Sidious hates to be cozied up to. But Palpy? Does he love her? As a father, or as ... what?

And I don't know WHAT is going to happen with the battle.

WRITE

MORE.

5. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Han and his Rebels are in a mess. Wedge lost his head.:mad: Not Wedge! He has always been onwe of my favorites and always seemed to have such an attractive head. Not as attractive as Luke's head though.[face_blush] So Vader took Luke somewhere safe so he could put his plain in motion. Interesting. Wonder what Luke's reaction is going to be when he sees Mara with Vader. What is going on with Leia and Palpatine. I know she is a Dark Lord but that relationship just seems too creepy on a real cosy level. Han hopefully will make her see the light. Wonderful job and thanks.@};-

6. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Terrific scene with Leia and Palpy.

Keep at it!

You're actually making me a Palpy fan too.

~epithree

7. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Jedi-Ant posted: Well duh! I just loved the way he figured that part out after he decided to go with them.

LOL! Yeah, he was rather slow, wasn't he?

What's better than a handsome Dark Lord like Anakin before the unfortunate "lava" incident? An evil Dark female, with murderous desires

Exactly! Plus she's sexier too. ;)

Now why does that make me shudder?

Because you probably have some idea as to what "anything" means. :Þ

Wow. What an excellent, beautiful Sith name.

Thanks!

Geez! She doesn't take rejection well, does she?

Not many Sith do.

Now that's a little kinkier than I expected from Leia, but whatever turns you on, I guess.

Oh, you.

It's a love square!

LOL!

I just love those furry little guys, and this was one funny scene in the movies.

Bah, I'm with Han, turn'em into coats. *grin*

Wait, wait... is this the part where he tells Han that he has the power of the force, and that they're brother and sister, and he loves him?

LOL! Not exactly, no.

Except, of course, for your sister..

[face_devil] Yes, let's not forget about her.

SQUEE!! If Vader wasn't his father, and they weren't related in any way...

:Þ I certainly wouldn't be writing it if that were the case. ;)

What? What? Chewie is dead?? cry

Yup, the old walking carpet has howled his last. *evil grin*

At least now Han can't blame Anakin for Chewie's death in the NJO..

That's it, look on the bright side. *grin*

Gah! Wedge... decapitated by a lightsaber? Oh no!

[face_skull] Just wait for the next chapter.

VaderLVR64 posted: Superb update!

Thankee muchly, Vadee. :p

Jade_eyes posted: Loved Han and Leia thinking about each other, in spite of everything.

Sometimes I'm just an old softie. [face_worried] Um, no comments necessary, please.

No matter how it's packaged, I still get a thrill out of "I sense the good in you." Quintessential Luke

:) I'm glad you're getting a few good times in here before the end. [face_skull]

SithGirl132 posted: Now I've almost given up hope of the good guys winning!

Now you're getting it. ;)

MotionWright posted: The Sith don't take rejection well, do they?

That could be 'well' for a Sith. :p

I fear to think of how she'll react if/when she finds out about the lies he told her.

Hehe, you've read my mind...

Considering Han is responsible for her "present condition" - he brought her to the Emperor, didn't he? - it would be hypocritical of him to think less of her for it. And who is he to judge her when he is a traitor to both sides...?

Hehe, exactly. All perfectly made points, he tried to hedge his bets on both sides and isn't doing so well for it.

The last scene was intriguing. I wonder who the lightsaber-wielding humans were.

Silas, Palpy's chief Hand in lieu of Mara, and the other Hands.

Chewie's death was gruesome, IMO.

Thank you. :) I aim's to please. [face_devil]

DaenaBenjen42 posted: (Palpatine won't let the sith, which is his own self, hurt her? Did I read that right?)

Yes you read that right, but he's split, so it's not really himself, from a certain point of view.

Tahi posted: Gah - I knew as soon as I read that that you had evil plans.

Just proves how well you know me. ;)

But why did you have to kill him ....why?!!!

It was... dramatic. :Þ

And then I like the way you give us Han's thoughts about her - lovely balance.

I like Leia's "lovely balance" too. :p That was what you meant, right?

LLB posted: We know Sidious hates to be cozied up to. But Palpy? Does he love her? As a father, or as ... what?

[face_love] springs eternal.

JEDIFLYSWATTER posted: Not Wedge! He has always been onwe of my favorites and always seemed to have such an attractive head.

It's still there, rolling around, I'm sure. [face_skull]

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_devil] + :* = Leiatine = Jade [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|

Alright, I missed a bunch of Updates, but It looks like I'm back just in time to see everything hit the fan *laughs* Leiatine's proceeding nicely.

I admit to being shocked when you had Luke kill Breha, a message from Bail saying Leia's Vader's daughter, and when you brought the Emperor's hands in with lightsabers to slice Wedge's head off. Chewie's death was also sutibly gruesome without being overly detailed.

You've a talent for painting a picture with few words, my friend, and it serves you very well.

With the Rebels defeated on Endor, it only leave Luke on the death Star - and here I am wondering just what's going to happen there; and if Han will make it out of this one alive despite his grievous wounds.

Awesome updates!

Oh, and I feel obligated to mention as someone who's written a Suitless Vader/Mara Jade crack!ship Vig before that the pairing is super strange when it gets right down to it...

9. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Jade_Max posted: [face_devil] + :* = Leiatine = Jade [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|

LOL! I'm glad a few people found that humorous. *grin*

It looks like I'm back just in time to see everything hit the fan *laughs*

Yup, the sith is definitely about to lay the smack down.

I admit to being shocked when you had Luke kill Breha, a message from Bail saying Leia's Vader's daughter, and when you brought the Emperor's hands in with lightsabers to slice Wedge's head off.

Glad to shock you. There may be another :eek: or two coming soon. ;)

You've a talent for painting a picture with few words, my friend, and it serves you very well.

Oh you're just saying that. :Þ

it only leave Luke on the death Star - and here I am wondering just what's going to happen there

[face_devil] [face_skull]

Oh, and I feel obligated to mention as someone who's written a Suitless Vader/Mara Jade crack!ship Vig before that the pairing is super strange when it gets right down to it...

LOL! Well it's a good thing there won't be time for it. ;)

And now for something completely different... an update! It's a big'un, for me anyway.

[i]A/N: A big 'thank you' goes out to Jade_Max for the excellent action writing tips. ;) It also occurs to me that I haven't been kind enough to KELIA, my Master for all her help and ideas. [face_hugs] for both of you.[/i]

[hr]

[b]Chapter 15:[/b] Surprise! You're Dead!

Admiral Piett's orders were clear: wait for the Alliance to jump into normal space, then advance from behind, preventing them from escaping. With a gigantic fleet of Star Destroyers, this task would prove far too easy, or so he hoped.

Piett watched patiently as the Rebel Alliance appeared. It would take their sensors a few moments to adjust to the Endor system, so he quietly gave the order to advance before they were discovered.

"Sir, we have pilots to their ships. Shall we attack?" an eager officer asked.

"Emperor's orders," Piett replied. "He has something special planned for them. We will only defend ourselves if it becomes necessary."

But it wouldn't become necessary, he told himself. The rebels wouldn't be stupid enough to attack his fleet, would they?

Apprehension grew in the pit of his stomach as the Death Star opened fire on a bulk crusier. Soon, the rebels would have no choice but to engage his fleet. He gripped the console he leaned on, trying to figure out the right strategy to deal with the rebel fighters and their smaller, more maneuverable cruisers.

~*~*~*~

Luke Skywalker hid. He hid from the monster impersonating his father and he hid from the beast that lay within his own skin. Though his fight with the Dark Side was successfully behind him, there was still something there, calling out to him with an ignorance he shared as to its nature. Lurking in the shadows, another evil stalked him with haunting indifference to his failing muscles, his heavy heart and his wobbly knees.

Cold, calculating deeds were responsible for bringing him to this place, but also a love living within himself he could not extinguish for the man he knew as his father. Vader was searching for him in Palpatine's chamber, trying to breech his senses and locate him. Underneath the surface, Luke hunted for his father, in a distant, searing lava pit.

Every breath was taken with care; every movement ached, not just in the physical now, but deep within, from a past he couldn't know. His father pained him; living in a nightmarish maze left buried in the Dark Lord's mind. The good man wailed, was reduced to his base emotions, barely able to grasp a coherent thought that took him beyond his eternal prison.

"Your thoughts betray you... my son." The thundering bass shook Luke, threatening to knock him from his feet. "You search for [i]him[/i]! But he is dead. Your father will not save you. He is [i]nothing[/i]!"

This insult, this brazen contemptuousness about the true man drove Luke to ignore the prickling se

10. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    :eek: Um... woah? That's... woah... (Luke! Vader!) Woah... (Mara!)

Good post. :eek: Woah...

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Stunned speechless.
    =D=

=D=

=D=

Needless to say I did not see any of that coming. :p My lands!! I guess, as they say, the fat lady has sung on the Rebels. Whew!! Brent, if you ever write a mystery/scifi mix, I'll definitely read it. Wow!!!! So many twisties!!! =D=

12. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    As someone has said, the fat lady has sung to the rebels and any force for good is over. :_|

Pretty intentse Brentus, if hopeless.

Great job of telling the story, even if it isn't so pretty!

13. MotionWright

MotionWright Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    Underneath the surface, Luke hunted for his father, in a distant, searing lava pit.

Interesting choice of words. ;)

//She is your daughter, Vader!//

It was too terrible to be true, and yet, at the same time, Vader knew it must be true.

Now Vader knows how Luke felt on Bespin. And he deserves it. I can't summon any pity for him. The way he tricked Luke to kill him was too much.

"Leia," he huffed between blocks, "listen to me; I am your father. You must join me and help me kill the Emperor."

Uh-oh. Vader, you've just made a deadly mistake. :D

Darth Vader quickly succumbed, melding into the Force, staring into his enraged child's unfeeling eyes.

That is tragic, but he had it coming.

Pain would come in her final moments to bind her soul to his, where she could continue to learn of the Sith's power as her essence was devoured slowly, becoming a part of himself...

Watch it - Leia is going to be jealous. :p

"Regret will consume you," he whispered, only centimeters from her ear, hell-fire on his breath. "I will teach you the meaning of obedience."

Ooh, that's pure evil. [face_hypnotized] =P~

No word about Han's fate? I wish he were dead. [face_praying] But that's too much to hope for. He has this annoying habit of surviving against all odds...

I read Perspectives, so nothing except "Leia, I am your father" was unexpected in this chapter.

I wonder, though ... when Leia has the time to think (assuming she still has that ability), how will she feel when she realises it was her twin brother that she saw murdered before her eyes? [face_thinking] Though, she's a Sith, so I don't think it will make much difference to her.

So, two chapters left. *sigh* I'm going to miss reading this.

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Whoa! :eek: I don't know what else to say!

//She is your daughter, Vader!//

It was too terrible to be true, and yet, at the same time, Vader knew it must be true.

She struck out with her blade; a blurr of crimson flashed before him.

Dumbstruck and exhausted from his fight with Luke, the Dark Lord could only back away, desperately trying to deflect her every slash. He knew, unlike the foolish boy, she would show no mercy, no quarter.

"Leia," he huffed between blocks, "listen to me; I am your father. You must join me and help me kill the Emperor."

This only seemed to enrage her more. The force and speed of her strikes increased. In a whirl of red and a kick to his metallic legs, Vader went down in a heap, shrieking a curse to the Force.

"Leia-" He tried to continue, but a hideous wail from his daughter and a slash from her blade to his throat cut off any protestations.

Darth Vader quickly succumbed, melding into the Force, staring into his enraged child's unfeeling eyes.

Incredible. =D=

15. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    :eek: :_| Luke died! Break my heart you did. Especially the way you did it. Vader did murder Anakin Skywalker. Nothing compassionate left in him at all. The only reason he is trying to change Leia's mind is to kill Palpatine. Not because he cares about her. That is my opinion of course. Sad post but good job and thanks.@};-

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The rebels wouldn't be stupid enough to attack his fleet, would they?
    Ummm - is duh an appropriate reply? ;)

Luke Skywalker hid. He hid from the monster impersonating his father and he hid from the beast that lay within his own skin.
    That was perfect. :)

The young man sank to the floor, eyesight straining to find the slightest bit of remorse in Vader's cold, blank stare. There was nothing to find but his own bitter, mocking face staring right back and through him.
    Oooh - wow! Brilliant harkback to, and rewriting of, the cave scene on Dagobah.

But oh no! You killed Luke. (Tempted to do a South Park reference there! ;) )

Boy - that was a shock!

Might take me a while to recover from that.

He was so busy trying to mask her from Sidious, that he never bothered to spread his attention to the entire area, or he might have noticed a third party, obscured by shadow, watching intently.
    Ooooh! Leia?

"Leia-" He tried to continue, but a hideous wail from his daughter and a slash from her blade to his throat cut off any protestations.
    Aha - what comes around goes around. Did he not know that? ;) You know, I actually feel sorry for Vader! Wow.

There are so many good lines in this post - it's kind of emotional overload.

Sidious drank in the hard depths of her rebellious ghost. Step by step, piece by piece, he dug deeper and deeper, down past her blood and flesh, into the core, delighting in the melodious tune bubbling from her contorting shell.
    That's chilling. The image of her soul being sucked out is horrible - demonic actually. By comparison, this one:
    With the shadowy reflection of Death pressed against the back of her bleary eyes, with her last breath of defiance, she spat in his face.
    is particularly evocative because of its clarity, and the alliteration is cool. And the spitting is pure Mara. :) Bravo. =D=

What an ending! Magnifico! =D=

17. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

So do Palpy and Leia live happily ever after??

This is surreal. But in a good way!

18. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    =D= Bravo, Bravo!

You, my friend, are pure evil - but in a good way [face_devil]

I was expecting you to destroy everybody, but not all at once! Luke, killed by Vader. Vader, killed by Leia. Mara Killed by Sidious and a nod to Ackbar, killed by the self-destruct.

Very cool - someone else mentioned that this is very surreal - I have to echo that comment; and again - it's a good thing! [face_peace]

19. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007

Chapter 15: Surprise! You're Dead!

LOL! What awesome chapter heading! =D=

But it wouldn't become necessary, he told himself. The rebels wouldn't be stupid enough to attack his fleet, would they?

*nods*

He has no idea..

~*~*~*~

Lurking in the shadows, another evil stalked him with haunting indifference to his failing muscles, his heavy heart and his wobbly knees.

Fabulous descriptions! =D= Just fan-frickin?-tastic!! :D

Underneath the surface, Luke hunted for his father, in a distant, searing lava pit.

Interesting simile there. [face_thinking]

Every breath was taken with care; every movement ached, not just in the physical now, but deep within, from a past he couldn't know. His father pained him; living in a nightmarish maze left buried in the Dark Lord's mind. The good man wailed, was reduced to his base emotions, barely able to grasp a coherent thought that took him beyond his eternal prison.

This whole section above ? just WOW! :eek: So well-written, and by far the best chapter I had read from you.

This is so wonderful I don?t know what to say!! [face_love] You?re brilliant, Brentus!

Each crimson flurry was a sad replay of his failure. It filled his every thought with the terrible scene he left behind him, now with answers to his soul searching. He was the son of Darth Vader. And now they were engaged in a life or death struggle.

Yes, how heartbreaking. :( But again, brilliant writing! You?ve really put us in Luke?s head here.

Each time their blades locked together, the wound in his soul festered just a little more. Each time he struck out with killer intent, it drove salt into his aching heart.

Fabulous! I can feel his pain! :D

"Luke," the Dark Lord moaned. "Luke, help me. I'm in agony!"

Now he begs for help. :rolleyes:

"You've already done enough, son." The words didn't totally sink in until it was far too late, though the burning sensation of Vader's blade and the startling realizations that echoed through Luke's mind were enough to turn his last disconcerted memories to his rapidly emptying shell.

:eek:

Holy Sith!

:eek:

Vader stabbed Luke!! Whoa!

There could be no more compassion, no more love for him in a galaxy where his own father would murder him.

What a brilliant, pain-filled sentence!!

And I still can?t believe Vader stabbed his son!! :eek:

Luke Skywalker died in turmoil and agony in a crumpled heap at the feet of the man he would have saved at the cost of everyone else.

Ironic, tragic, sad? and one more thing?

I CAN?T BELIEVE YOU KILLED LUKE SKYWALKER?!?

:_|

Just when I think I?ve figured you out, Brentus, you go and do something so shocking as to kill Luke.

The rebellion is surely dead now. [face_plain]

~*~*~*~

Darth Vader pulled himself to his feet slowly, discarding the empty, useless shell that was his son in another life. He didn't give Luke another thought, there were too many important things going on now.

Just lovely. [face_plain] But very Vader-esk pre-ESB.

His mechanical knees buckled, but he kept his feet. Wheezing, heaving breaths could barely provide enough oxygen to his aching frame. Determination though, coursed through him.

Ha! He?s going to die, anyway! :D Serves the old codder right!!

He was so busy trying to mask her from Sidious, that he never bothered to spread his attention to the entire area, or he might have noticed a third party, obscured by shadow, watching intently.

Leia! [face_devil] I know it?s her! Oh, she?s going to get him!!

There was no one there to help Sidious.

Except Leia. [face_skull]

A girl stepped from the shadows, snarling from the pit of some rotting, diseased hole. She looked like Princess Leia, but there was now the power of the Force flowing through her. Something else, something familiar slithered

20. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    DaenaBenjen42 posted: That's... woah... (Luke! Vader!) Woah... (Mara!)

LOL! Yup, there doesn't seem to be anything in the way now. Except maybe the Vong. ;)

Jade_eyes posted: Stunned speechless.

:eek: Wow! Thank you!

I guess, as they say, the fat lady has sung on the Rebels.

*opera singer waddles off stage* Yup, I'd say that's accurate. :Þ

Noelie posted: Pretty intentse Brentus, if hopeless.

Oh I don't know about hopeless just yet...

MotionWright posted: Interesting choice of words.

Not half as interesting as the lava itself. ;)

Now Vader knows how Luke felt on Bespin. And he deserves it. I can't summon any pity for him. The way he tricked Luke to kill him was too much.

Hehe, his first attempt at being sneaky and it totally got him killed, lol.

Uh-oh. Vader, you've just made a deadly mistake.

Indeedy do. ;)

Watch it - Leia is going to be jealous.

LOL! Yes, she just might be.

Ooh, that's pure evil.

Like that, do you? [face_love]

I wish he were dead.

*sings* If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have no luck at all.

Though, she's a Sith, so I don't think it will make much difference to her.

Exactly.

So, two chapters left. *sigh* I'm going to miss reading this.

Well I do have other evil stories around. [face_whistling]

VaderLVR64 posted: Whoa! I don't know what else to say!

:) Why thank you!

JEDIFLYSWATTER posted: Break my heart you did. Especially the way you did it.

[:D] It had to be done. [face_devil]

The only reason he is trying to change Leia's mind is to kill Palpatine. Not because he cares about her.

Yup, exactly.

Tahi posted: Ummm - is duh an appropriate reply?

Poor Admiral Piett, even Tahi gets down on him, lol.

Oooh - wow! Brilliant harkback to, and rewriting of, the cave scene on Dagobah.

I thought it had a nice ring to it.

Boy - that was a shock!

I know. [face_skull] It was... fulfilling, in a way. [face_devil]

You know, I actually feel sorry for Vader!

Hehe, he chose his path.

There are so many good lines in this post - it's kind of emotional overload.

Yeah, I didn't realize it at the time, I just wanted to have a big kill'em off chapter that would stun everybody.

The image of her soul being sucked out is horrible - demonic actually.

From a Sith's pov it's... delicious. [face_skull] *burp* Tastes great and less filling!

particularly evocative because of its clarity, and the alliteration is cool.

[:D] You came back and quoted my favorite line! :*

LLB posted: So do Palpy and Leia live happily ever after??

Mmmm, we'll see. Only two more chapters to go, and they still have to deal with the Vong.

Jade_Max posted: You, my friend, are pure evil - but in a good way

Aw shucks, it's just natural.

I was expecting you to destroy everybody, but not all at once!

Hehe. It makes it more :eek: ing that way.

Thanks again for the great help with that chapter and the next one!

Jedi-Ant posted: LOL! What awesome chapter heading!

You know my love of music. That title is the title of a song by a group called Faith No More. It just fit so perfectly.

Just fan-frickin'-tastic!!

:Þ

This whole section above - just WOW!

Happy to stun you.

This is so wonderful I don't know what to say!! [face_love]

Aw, you're cute too. *grin*

Yes, how heartbreaking.

And how [face_skull] soul breaking too.

Fabulous! I can feel his pain!

That's fabulous? Feeling pain?

Vader stabbed Luke!! Whoa!

He's sneaky... and Luke's gullible. A perfect combination. [face_devil]

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KILLED LUKE SKYWALKER?!?

LOL! It was a secret longing.

Just when I think I've figured you out, Brentus, you go and do somethi

21. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    A/N: This chapter would not be what it is without the help of three people: KELIA, my Master for the great idea, Jedi-Ant for the Vong info and Jade_Max again for the awesome action tips! Thanks ladies! @};-

Chapter 16: Going Home

While droids rushed to and fro, sucking up debris from the massive destruction wrought by the battle in space, a small, unassuming shuttle docked with the Death Star. Inside, a thin figure with ugly scars on his cheeks held Han by his binders, waiting for the ramp to descend.

Han silently wondered why he was still alive, bound and gagged like an animal when all his friends were dead. Then it dawned on him: he was going to receive his 'reward' for betraying the Emperor by trying to help the rebels. Palpatine was notorious for always paying back disloyalty.

The inner sanctum of the Emperor was dark and quiet. Han recoiled when a pair of glittering red orbs suddenly shone through the inky black, close enough together that the scoundrel knew they had to be eyes.

"What have you brought me, Silas?" The voice was eager but wary. It screeched in Han's ears and sizzled down his spine. He knew who it was.

Silas bowed low, holding tightly to the binders, twisting them, the metal digging into Han's wrists. "I am very pleased to see you, Master." He gave Han a slight shove forward. "This man was with the rebel strike team sent to destroy the shield generator. I present him to you as a gift."

"Interesting," the Emperor growled. "Why have you betrayed me, Captain?"

The lights suddenly came on, illuminating a grisly scene. Han's lungs heaved and a nasty taste filled his throat, the rising bile threatening to break free.

What he saw overwhelmed him, further churning his quivering insides. Luke, the kid, his strong friend, lay desolate, crumpled like so much discarded garbage in the corner. Another figure, looming in its evil, lacked the large helmet that once sat upon its shoulders.

A violent seizure overtook the rogue. He broke free of Silas's grasp, staggering backward with no free digits to slow him. There was no one left; no one to stand against the Emperor.

Just before he toppled over, something soft and supple touched the back of his head, helping to keep him from falling. Righting himself and attempting to shake off the shock, he turned to see what it was. A slender, bloody hand hung down through the perforated floor above.

Cautiously, he looked up. Terrible agony greeted him. Glassy, lifeless green eyes, wide with a dying horror beyond the mortal realm of comprehension bore down upon him. He barely made out a faint flicker, like the spectre of her killer, fused into the retina. Mara Jade was gone too.

Han's entire universe tore free from his stomach. He wretched violently for his lost friends, almost choking due to the gag still in his mouth. Guilt racked his body, sending him sprawling to the icy floor.

Before he knew it, a strange hum passed close to his head. He looked up, right into the red blade of Palpatine. "It is time for your payment, Captain," the Emperor growled.

Han brought his aching body up, rocking back on his knees. A sense of calm now pushed its way forward, warming the chills, temporarily soothing the pain of his dead friends.

The gag had by now untied itself from his unusual contortions and slipped easily from his mouth. "Let's get this over with," he replied with a serene resolve.

"Wait!" Something stirred behind the Emperor. The voice sounded very familiar, but twisted and vile.

A small, cloaked being rushed up beside Palpatine. In the flurry of air, the hood slowly slid off and a golden stream of incandescent light irradiated her cheurbic, yet demonic face.

"Leia?" Han gasped and shut his eyes tightly, as if the pressure he applied could somehow transform her into someone else.

This last shock was almost too much for him. The princess who stole his thoughts, wearing black robes, looking much like the creepy Emperor. Just how far into the depths had she fallen due to his own foul, illconsidered

22. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    "Why have you betrayed me, Captain?"

The lights suddenly came on, illuminating a grisly scene. Han's lungs heaved and a nasty taste filled his throat, the rising bile threatening to break free.

Huh... this reminded me of something, but for some reason Han doesn't strike me as the type to yell "there are FOUR lights!" at Palpatine...

And Leia... eep!

And Palpatine against the vong when he's all powered up? Oh my...

Good, good update. :)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sidious sure took care of the Vong. :p :p Lot cleaner work than the NJO (I bet you thought that whole Sekot thing was ... wacked!) [face_laugh] Han and Leia ... very poignant that. I'm so used to her being his rock and source of Light. [face_love] :*

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

The cell was glacial; a tint of malevolence wafted into Han's nose. The sense of dread he felt when the lights went up in the Emperor's chamber hung upon him like a festering corpse tied around his neck. Could Leia even be saved? Would his secret information help or hurt the situation now?

His thoughts jumbled into a tight knot when the door swooshed open. In stepped the sinister Darth Nefarium. How much of Leia was trapped inside the intimidating, rotting carcass?

"Leia-" he began, to be cut off by a vicious backhand slap.

"That name no longer has any meaning for me," the Sith responded, her voice trembling with white-hot rage.

Silence gripped him, despite the urgency in his heart to scoop her up in his arms and get out of the Death Star as fast as he could. His entire life experience was, for the first time, in opposition to the tugging of his brain. Emotion wasn't enough, he had to be patient with this, otherwise everything could break down.

Han Solo wasn't used to using his brain.

"Why did you want to see me?" he asked simply.

"Because I wanted to know something." She sat down across from him and drew the hood from her face.

He stared up at her pale, sunken cheeks, with just a hint of yellow and dark patches beneath her eyes. She looked like death, barely warmed over. Even her once vibrant pools of hazel were now reduced to a filmy, murky, desolate, sickly color and composition. There was no life behind them, and it stabbed at him like a hot blade.

I like the Vong solution! :D

Great update! =D=

25. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    OMG! You killed Luke, Ackbar, and Mara all in one post? :_|:_|:_|
    that was so amazing and dramatically effective. It's nice seeing the Dark Side win for once- but it's all so sad! Amazing! Congratulations on the nom!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.