main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Choices (L/M/OC ) Very AU ***9/20/06*** EPILOGUE***COMPLETE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Loved the update!

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    a great post Jedi_Lover...

and I have to say, i got a quite a chuckle at the stab concerning Marakin and Maracen....

great job!

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Ahhhhh......happy, happy post day! So sad about Jadie, but wow so much good came from that! Poor Luke.

Loved:

?What?!? Han blurted out in disbelief. ?Luke, if Mara signaled her interest in you any clearer they would be able to see it from space!?

Well done! =D=

4. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Wow this a great story!!

Can you PM when you Update!

5. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I think this is my favorite chapter yet.:) I like how you resolved the issue of the press and their take on the situation. Darn those holoreporters.

Han gave her a look, ?So can you explain to me the reasoning behind having a large, hairy, disease-ridden, vermin to represent an eating establishment??

Ah! [face_laugh] I'm having flashbacks of Chuck E Cheese.8-} Hilarious spin. It was great seeing them all be a family together.

?Stang!? Mara exclaimed as she sat down into the nearest booth seat available. ?That boy will be the death of me. He truly is a son of a Sith,? Mara said in obvious jest, the love in her eyes for her son being all too apparent.

Umm...super dramatic sequel perhaps?! [face_batting]

Han chuckled as he sat down across from her. ?That may be, but I think you have a soft spot for sons of Sith,? he said as he nodded toward the ?fresher where Luke and Owen just exited.

Thank the Force for Han Solo.:D That man is very perceptive. I loved the banter between him and Mara. The scene was such a treat. Yummy!

Han burst out in laughter, ?You started that one??

Mara smiled smugly.

?You are too much, Jade,? Han laughed.

I was thinking the same thing as Han. Now that there's a L/M date, I'm sooo looking forward to reading it. Excellent chapter once again.=D=

Have fun on vacation!

6. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    I just found this one today! What a superbly written story.

7. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Yes that was very nice and heart warming. Loved the part about Vader Putting the old Force choke on the Womp rat. Have fun camping and I hope you do not have chiggers were you are going. Have them down here in the south and they bite you were you can not scratch in public.[face_blush] Enjoy and thanks.@};-

8. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll drink to that! [face_dancing]

Make no mistake about it...Han's the man! :D

I can picture a certain confident and knowing gleam in Mara's green eyes while she said this...It's a good look to be on the receiving end of...[face_mischief]

This is a great story you got cookin' here JLo. Thanks for all your efforts! =D=

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Wonderful job with these two chapters!! =D= And yes, I like this much better than the original ending. ;)

I absolutely adore chapter 25!! The Chuck E Cheese take-off was a riot.

Han gave her a look, ?So can you explain to me the reasoning behind having a large, hairy, disease-ridden, vermin to represent an eating establishment??

Ain?t that the truth?!? o_O [face_laugh]

The part about the holopress was perfect. Especially this:

?Even gossip holozine reporters aren?t creepy enough to insinuate you were having an affair with an underage family member.?

You're my hero, J_L! =D= [:D]

?Okay, go take on that trench run,? she said as she sent him off. ?And remember to use the Force, Ben,? she called out to him, ?It will be cheaper that way,? she muttered with a chuckle.

I love Mara as a mom here. I?ll admit that I had doubts about Mara as a single mom when you first told me about this, but it works ? it really does!

Mara brought her laughter under control. ?Could you picture Palpatine and your father here throwing me a Life Day party? I can imagine how that would turn out. My four-year-old self probably would have ended up having to receive extensive psychotherapy after seeing Vader Force-choke Bucky the Womp Rat or Palpatine frying him with Force lightning after the rodent unwisely tried to get the two Sith Lords to do the Happy, Happy, Happy Life Day dance with him.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*falls off chair laughing* You?re brilliant, J_L! Brilliant!!!!

Have a great vacation!!

10. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    ?Great,? Han said with a broad smile. ?I am going to see if they sell any ale at this place.?

?This is a kid?s restaurant, Han.?

?And that?s why I need a drink,?

[face_laugh] You write such a great Han. And love the big happy family scene with Mara and little Ben - and especially the ending [face_love]

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! I am sure I will enjoy myself. The boys love being up in the woods by the lake.
    Thanks! I enjoyed writing it. I think I will be done with this fic in just one more chapter and perhaps an epilogue.
    Thanks! It wouldn't be much of a fic based on the weird theories over at the "sex" thread if I didn't mention Marakin or Maracen at least once.[face_laugh]
    Yeah, it was almost like it was the will of the Force. If Mara is sterile, if she married Luke after VOTF in my fic they would be childless. Now he has two kids and Mara has one. It was almost like the Force wanted them to be a family.
    Thanks! I appreciate you stopping by and reading. And I will put you on my PM list.

Thanks. It seems that my favorite chapters are the ones with Han in it. I like the scene where Luke tells Han about Jadie and I like this scene. Han is like the worldly big brother to Luke. Those two are fun to write.
    My boys love Chuck E Cheese. I figured in a Galaxy, far, far away, if they have kids they probably have restaurants like Chuck E Cheese.
    No! This is my last fic!! No more after this.
    Thanks for reading!!![:D]
    Thank you!! I appreciate you taking the time to read it and comment.
    Thanks. I like imagining SW characters in normal or not so normal situations we often find ourself in.
    I am going to the Michigan wilderness. I am not sure if they have chiggers, but last summer I sure fought off enough mosquitoes! Thanks For reading!!
    That he is. You gotta love Han. He says what is on his mind.
    I thought you would like that part about the Holozine reporters. I know how much you hate the Marakin theory... and personally so do I. Afterall, it is a stupid theory. Everybody knows that once you go Farmboy you never go back.[face_mischief] :p
    Thank you!! I love writing Han. Leia I have a hard time doing. I think it is because she is portrayed so differently in many of the profics and fanfics. I am glad you like the ending to this chapter. I only have two more chapters to go to put this fic to bed properly. And no, I don't intend to write up any Bonus L/M PM chapter for the adults in the audience. I could never write such a scene. O:)

Thanks everybody. I leave on Wednesday morning and I haven't even got half of chapter 26 done, so it looks like you all will have to wait until August for the ending of this fic. Sorry about that. I am bummed since I will miss the Fanfic awards.

Thanks everybody for reading!!

JL

12. -arica-

-arica- Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2006
    Excellent chapters, JL! :cool: It will be a shame to see this story end.

No Mara/Jaina? How very fanboy chauvinistic. o_O

:p

13. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I hate Jacen... as beta I have an obligation to completely eradicate Jacen from anything she write...

mmuuwwwaaahahahahah [face_devil]

14. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    This was a fun chapter, but you can still feel the pain in the Skywalker/Jade/Solo households.

15. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000

16. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Jedi_Lover, you are amazing. i don't have time to say more, cuz i'm at work. but you are awesome.

;) paige

17. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    So Luke and Mara might end up together afterall.

I love the big happy family. And Mara naming her child Ben. I couldn't see him by any other name.

Loved the updates. Chapter 24 was very sad. Poor Luke.

jacky

18. ImperialRemnant

ImperialRemnant Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 2006
    Next post? Really good L/OC/M so far

19. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Great chapter and very well tied up.=D= But we're waiting for an update!!!

And no, I don't intend to write up any Bonus L/M PM chapter for the adults in the audience. I could never write such a scene.o_O
    No comment

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! I can't wait until this story is over. I really don't enjoy writing long fics. Maybe when I am done we can work on that little viggie for that contest over at SWFF. ;)
    So that is what happened to my J/C love scene!:eek: [face_shame_on_you] :p
    Thanks. Hopefully the pain is over.
    Heck, the readers don't know absolutely categorically anything. Jadie may be alive, Lumiya may be dead, or alive. Who knows. ;) But since I am tired of writing, I am pretty sure they are both dead and everything is as it seems. :p Thanks for stopping by and commmenting, McEwok!![:D]
    Thank you, I am glad you like it.
    You know me Jacky, I am a huge L/M 'shipper. I have to get those two together somehow.
    Thank you. I am surprised that so many L/M 'shippers have mourned Jadie's passing.
    Thanks. Sorry that it has been over a month without an update. I got back from vacation and my muse must have stayed back in Michigan. I just couldn't get myself to write. Finally I was able to put words down on paper and I sent it to my beta today.

So hopefully in the next couple days I will have the next chapter posted. Then it is just the Epilogue to go. Then I am FINISHED! Yeah!!![face_dancing]

Thanks everybody for reading!!

JL

21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I missed the ending!?!?!:eek:

I'm so glad I got to read it now. Wonderful! This has been a terrific story and I loved it right to the end.

The former assassin gave him a tight smile. ?I am often surprised by some of the things I have said in the past three-and-a-half years? words I never thought would be coming out of my mouth. Like, ?Ben! Don?t lick the screen door!? or ?No! We don?t eat tartiki bugs in this family.??

[face_laugh] Like when I told my kids, "Stop throwing cats in the car." (:oops: just plastic toy cats.)

Seriously, great story. =D= =D= =D=

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    No, no, I have one more chapter, and then an epilogue and then I am finished. :p Thanks for the kind words.

JL

23. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Well, quit teasing your readers and post it already!

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Sorry, it's still with my beta. :(

JL

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What a great Birthday present I got today. Not only did I recieve the new Star Wars book, Bloodlines, in the mail, but I got my chapter back from my beta!

I want to thank my wonderful beta RedGold who helped me greatly in getting this chapter ready to post, especially the ending to the chapter. Thanks!!
    [:D]

~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter 26
    ~~~~~~~~~~

?I want to thank you for the presents you gave the kids,? Luke was sitting across from Mara at a local caf shop a few blocks down from his sister?s apartment. They had just dropped off the children at the Solo?s and made quick exit before they could realize their parents were gone and make a fuss. Not that Luke thought that was going to be a problem, Jemma and Owen were particularly attached to their Aunt and Uncle and little Ben appeared to have a bad case of hero worship when it came to his older cousin Jacen.

?I am glad they liked the gifts,? Mara replied after a sip of her caf. ?Not that I was surprised, Owen and Jemma seemed to go out of their way to hint to me what they wanted. I?m glad, because I never would have thought Jemma would have wanted a stuffed Rancor doll. I was going to buy her something more feminine.?

Luke laughed, ?In many ways she takes after you, she?s more of a rough and tumble type of person.?

Mara simply smiled. ?And I?m also glad Owen let me know he wanted a model Star Destroyer. Ben wanted to buy him one of those 25 centimeter Luke Skywalker dolls,? she smirked expecting Luke to react in his typical shy manner.

?Well, it is a good thing you didn?t, we already have one,? Luke chuckled.

Mara raised an eyebrow. ?Ohhh really,? she drawled, ?I would think buying a Luke Skywalker doll would go against your humble Farmboy nature.?

?I didn?t buy it, it was a gift from Rogue squadron,? he was quick to point out. ?Hobby found some bootleg copies being sold in a pro-rebellion outer rim planet. This was right after I blew up the Death Star. There was a Princess Leia and a Luke Skywalker figure that were made, and Hobby and Wes?.? Luke trailed off and this time he did blush, looking away embarrassed.

Mara grinned wickedly, ?And??

Luke rubbed that back of his neck, not meeting Mara?s gaze. ?And what?? he asked innocently.

The former assassin wasn?t going to let him off the hook. ?I can sense your embarrassment and I don?t think it has to do with you owning a Luke Skywalker doll,? she said with a grin, ?so fess up.?

?Action figure,? Luke interjected.

?What.?

?It was a Luke and Leia action figure,? he corrected, ?and I am not embarrassed about that? it was what Hobby, Wedge and Jansen was doing with the figures? plus the fact that I ended up with a sprained ankle that day.? He looked down embarrassed. ?I am surprised you haven?t heard the story.?

?Oh please,? Mara laughed, ?you?ve got to tell me this story.?

Luke sighed and continued the embarrassing tale. ?Well, you have to remember, this was way before anybody knew that Leia and I were brother and sister. Hobby and Jansen were?? Luke trailed off for a moment, thinking how to word this, ?they were putting on a little skit where Leia and I were talking? and then they had me telling Leia some embarrassing stuff and, well, it went downhill from there.?

Mara chuckled covering her mouth with her hand but managed to ask, ?How did you sprain your ankle??

?Well,? he blushed an even darker shade of red, ?Wedge saw that I was embarrassed, so he confiscated the dolls, I mean action figures, and chewed them out. But then he unzipped the little flight suit the Luke figure was wearing and said to me, ?Luke, did you know these dolls are anatomically correct?? I was so shocked that I practically jumped over the table to get the toy from him and I ended up spraining my ankle.?

Mara burst out in laughter dropping her head to the tabletop and slapping her leg in amusement. ?Oh, that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.?

?The guys felt so bad that they gave me the Luke Skywalker figure as a present,? Luke couldn?t help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.