Beyond Choices (L/M/OC ) Very AU ***9/20/06*** EPILOGUE***COMPLETE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Oh wow, one of my favorite fanfic authors was secretly reading my fic?!! :eek: I am thrilled. I absolutely love your fics, especially As Long As We're Together and The Journey to Discovery (I hope I didn't mangle those titles). I even have printed out As Long As We're Together so I can read it away from the computer. :D
    Yeah, I figure Mara is getting up there in age. I think she is about 45 now at the end of the fic. Plus, I don't think she would want that particular skill. I would think it would be more of a burden than anything. Plus, I really don't like writing that much, so there is no way I am going to start another long fic.

Thank you so much for coming out of lurking!![:D]

That is what I was thinking. You would have total control over who came in and out. Thanks for reading!!
    Was there any doubt? I am the ultimate L/M shipper. I still have no clue how I ended up writing an epic where Luke was married to somebody else. Well, at least it was a clone of Mara.
    I was thinking Jacen. I think only McEwok noticed that I hinted that a Flow-Walking Jacen might be the father of Ben. Remember when Lumiya says, ?Father?!? the words were a snarl, ?The father does not exist!?

Well, in LOTF Luke has dreams of a man who 'doesn't exist' and everybody believes Luke is seeing Jacen. Jacen believes that he can move into different timelines. :p It is just an inside joke I put in to add to the long list of Literature Forum "sex" thread theories. ;)

Ummm... no, I don't write that type of stuff... well. :p

Thank you so much for reading!!
    I think it may have started out as a "Who Wrote This Fic" game I was playing on another site. I came up with the clone idea from a discussion that was going on at the Luke,Mara,the Force and Sex in the EU thread over at the Literature forum. Originally this was only supposed to be a viggie, but RedGold talked me into expanding it. I said I would only if she promised to beta the story. I am pretty sure she had no idea it would end up an epic. [face_laugh]

Thanks for reading!![:D]

JL
  2. JEDIFLYSWATTER Force Ghost

star 3
    Well all good things must come to an end.:( To bad that it is always the things that one looks forward too. I am very pleased that Luke and Mara finally get together and the wedding goes off without a hitch. No crazy Imperial with a thermal detenator. Do have one question to ask you. I know that this is an AU story with Pathfinders and such, but is'nt Jadie changing the future to how she thinks it should be. That way of manipulating things seems to slap at the Jedi saying: The future is always in motion. Love the story and will miss it. You stuck in there and finally got it finished! I do have to add that to bad there is not a honeymoon PM chapter,[face_blush] but epilogue means epilogue Thank you so very much.=D= [:D] @};-
  3. Ariapaige Jedi Knight

star 2
    ohhh! don't lock Jedi_Lover in the closet! we're rather fond of her around here. i was glad to see Mara finally meet up with her parents, and that she had matured enough to accept them for their role in her early childhood. i would have liked to see a bit more of Owen and Ben and Jemma, though. ah well. a great ending. thanks for this.

;) paige
  4. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Congratulations on finishing your epic!! =D= :D =D=

You did a fantastic job putting this together and tying in all your little pet "theories," LOL.

And somehow, I think J_L will work her way out of that drawer. ;)

Take a bow, my friend!

@};- @};- @};-

5. HanSolOKniser3 Force Ghost

star 4
    =D= [face_laugh] =D= Now that's what I'm talking about!!! [face_dancing]

JLo, I sure hope that this isn't your last forray into fanfic. If so, it's been enjoyable to read. Thanks for sharing!
  6. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    Terrific ending and a terrific story! I'm so pleased that Luke & Mara managed to find their paths to each other, and that Luke's marriage to Jadie wasn't treated as a mistake but instead an experience that defined Luke even more.@};-

Love the idea that "the crumpled, yellowed envelope" (loved the indirect reference to age here) contained the next day's lotto numbers. I hope that Jak uses the money wisely and leaves enough for him to retire somewhere nice and warm so he can kick back and enjoy drinks with colorful umbrellas in them while any old friend he wants can visit for as long as it makes them happy.;)

Very creative! Thanks for working so hard on this to make this story so wonderful.=D= =D=
  7. StarFighter5 Force Ghost

star 4
    I really enjoyed the ending. It sums up the story very well.
  8. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    Beautiful ending to a brilliant fic, J_L! =D= =D= =D=

It's wonderful to see everything work out for the galaxy and our favourite characters. Even Jak gets to retire rich and with a holo-star :p

I'll miss this fic - but i'm sure you won't be able to keep yourself from writing in the future! *nudge nudge*
  9. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Feng_Huang Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great ending and great job in the overall![:D]=D=
    NJO and LOTF never happening works for me, though Jacen may get his delusions of grandeur elsewhere...
    Ummm, can't we bribe you into writing a pm chapter for the wedding night? [face_praying]:p
  11. Kinderriegel Force Ghost

star 1
    Hi:)

Wow, this was an amazing read. Absolutly crazy, but amazing none the less. I read the entire thing in one go. I just loved how you made fun of all the inprobable events in the extended universe or the original trilogy. And I think it's amazing how you turned such an improbable plot into a plausible one. The one or other pro fic writer could definitly learn something from you.

I liked all the scientific theories you presented. Everything was so thought out: the pathfinder theorie, the cloning process. You had some great ideas and you adapted them perfectly.

I'm so glad I read this story. Thank you for sharing it:)

Kinderriegel
  12. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    JEDIFLYSWATTER: Yes, no nutcases were invited to this wedding. I have no clue how that Imperial walked right into the Profic Wedding. Security must have been lax.

To answer your question, yes the pathfinder is a bit of a slap in the face to the notion that the future is always in motion. I got the idea of a pathfinder from reading what was going on with Jacen in the Dark Nest Trilogy. When I got the idea of this story and the basic outline with Lumiya and such the LOTF books were not out yet, but I got a clue from DN of how things were going to go. Jacen was doing some things in DN that let the reader know that he can pick a certain future to come to pass. So that is how I came up with the pathfinder. Luckily, Jadie did not have a history of abuse and strange teachings to skew her ideology like Jacen seems to be burdened with. She was taught by Luke and her motives were pure.

And if anybody was wondering about the name Pathfinder. It was a term I became familiar with while attending Airborne School at Fort Benning. A pathfinder is a person who who will parachute into the front line and mark parachute Drop Zones and assist in aircraft navigation to the area. Basically, they are the ones who go first and lead the others to the proper location.

As for a honeymoon chapter, I have a friend say she would write the chapter for me, since I really don't write 'romance' well. If that happens I will let you know.

AriaPaige: Yes, I was thinking I should have had the kids in the story, but in the profic wedding all the kids were being babysat at an alternate location, so I thought I would keep it that way. I figure they were at the actual wedding and were being babysat during the reception. As for locking up Jedi_Lover in the sock drawer... I think if I ever write again it will be very short stories or viggies. I am currently working on another story, but it can't be posted here because of its rating. :(

Jedi_Trace:
    Thank you, I couldn't have done it without your help!!

HanSolOkniser: Thanks! If it wasn't for all the great ideas I found over at your thread, it wouldn't have happened. Thanks Han!

DivaPilot: Thanks! I don't know how much money Jak will have after buying that iron mine, but if he has leftover money I am sure he and Wolf are going to have a fun time with it. ;)

StarFighter5: Thanks for being such a loyal reader. I am glad you liked the story.

JadeLotus: Thanks! Ah you know RedGold or Jedi_Trace will end up talking me into writing something. I am currently working on that contest fic over at SWFF.

G_Anakin: Thanks for all the smiley faces! I am glad you liked the fic.

Feng_Huang: Thanks! If I or my friend does write that bonus chapter it will probably be posted over at SWFF. ;) Until then, you can reread my fic Master over there and just pretend it was their honeymoon chapter. :p

Kinderriegel: You read a 70,000 word fic in one sitting?!?! Wow!! That is amazing. I am so flattered by your wonderful comments. Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words!

Thanks everybody who took the time to read and comment! I truly appreciate all the feedback!!

JL
  13. Deja_Vu Jedi Padawan

Man. That was an emotional rollercoaster!

At first, I was like igh, Luke married to Mara clone, what about Mara, but after a while I began to like Jadie all right, plus the ending gave it all a feeling of completeness. :D

You have a lot of amazing twists in this fic-- you seem to be very skilled at that! Your humor is wonderful-- you cracked me up several times, lemme tell you!

Great job!!!
  14. FireJade Force Ghost

star 4
    That was an amazing fic! There were a bunch of unexpected twists in there (or maybe I'm just extremely gullible *grins*), and I think you handled the characters' interactions very well, especially between Mara and Jadie. Get the two of them together, and... :p

The whole nature of being a "Pathfinder" is... mind-boggling. If Jadie could perceive all futures, she must have had to process the infinitely many possibilities in some way... Does her legacy (Legacy? >_>) mean the galaxy will have peace for a very long time?

Thanks for posting this!!! :D
  15. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Finally read it all and alas a R&R!

Oh! Chapter 26 was beautifully done, JediLover. The pacing, the structure, the emotions you evoked... great work.

She snickered, ?Are they anatomically correct??

Luke shook his head exasperated. ?No!?

The whole bit with Luke going into his story with the action figures and Rogues still has me laughing. :D I kept picturing them all in Spaceball-esqe helmets.

And could he live with the guilt? Would Jadie be looking at him through the Force, denouncing him, sure that her accusations were true, one was merely a replacement for the other?

Luke was perfectly in character, as was Mara. But Luke being torn with his loyalty to Jadie and his undying love for both women was exactly the Farmboy that we know and adore.

I hope all ends well. *does a Tim Zahn mentally cross of fingers* ;)

Epilogue

Great way to wrap up things. Plenty of humor, wonderfully ties together the story/plot threads.

These two lines had me laughing...

Luke and Mara both chuckled. ?He has a full time job as Drake?s bodyguard. Anything beyond that? we didn?t ask and he didn?t tell.?

and

Luke smiled, ?Probably something like ?One very sexy wife, you have. Hmmmm. Yes, yes, very sexy.??

[face_laugh]

It's sad that we've come to the end. What a shame! I'll miss your writing. I know how much work it takes putting something of this size together. An amazing job. I'm so happy Luke and Mara found their happily ever after. What a nice change! [:D]

Brava, girl! Take a bow. @};- =D= @};-
  16. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, I think the first chapter turned a whole lot of people off. I am glad you continued to read. Thanks!
    Thank you. I think it was so unpredictable because I was trying to throw in all of my favorite pet theories. I am glad you got my jokes... although I think some of my biology jokes went over everybodies' head. :p

Thanks. I think Mara and Jadie would have liked each other. They were both pawns in a game started decades ago.

In my AU story LOTF does not occur. There will be peace and Luke and Mara will be able to have a nice quiet life together and watch the kids grow up.:)
    That was what I was thinking at the time. You gotta love SpaceBalls. :p

Ahh... I already broke my vow never to write again. I am writing a contest fic over at SWFF. You should check it out. It is called Silent Fantasies. ;)

For those who wanted a Bonus PM chapter. A friend of mine wrote one for me. If you want to view it just PM me and I will send you the link.

Thanks everybody for reading!!

JL
  17. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Ohhh, that was beautiful! Sorry I haven't been here in the past few weeks. Just caught up with you today again. [face_blush] But it was wonderful! =D= [face_love]

Still, I would have prefered a Luke/Jadie and Mara/Anakin. :p

You know, even my mum read a few lines. She glanced over my shoulder after I laughed very loudly.
    "They already have two children?"
    "Mum, that's a fan story!"

[face_laugh]
  18. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Thank you! I am glad you liked the story!

I hope you are referring to Mara/Anakin Skywalker. :eek: Anakin Solo is a bit too young in this story for Mara. :p

LOL! That is funny. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment!

JL
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.