Saga "Choices" Please Read Me!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by theSonofsKYwaLkER, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. theSonofsKYwaLkER Jedi Knight

star 1
    First time poster on these boards. Please give constructive critizism! Or just regular critizism if you please. HA HA.

Choices
    By: Darth Snort
    Vader has to make choices on the Endor moon.
    His thoughts in the landing platform with Luke. All characters and lines from Star Wars movies are property of George Lucas, and Lucas Arts Inc, and I?m not trying to make money off of any of it. :(

My son, my only son is coming here? Impossible.

The dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader had been impatiently sitting in one of the closed off rooms of the Imperial landing platform on the forest moon of Endor. Vader didn?t want to be disturbed, in fact he had already been disturbed far too many times in the last week. Always someone bothering him about the construction of the Death Star, or the Emperor always wanting to see him, it seemed Vader could have no escape, no peace, but who could with the Rebellion fast approaching. Even in his dreams the dark Lord was haunted with visions of young Skywalker, and even more recently, his wife.
    Ever since that boy from Tatooine had destroyed the first Death Star, Darth Vader watched the tape of him in the princess? cell over and over again.

?I am Luke Skywalker. I?m here to rescue you.?

That name, Skywalker, it hit Vader like nothing else had, it was as if his old self had come back to life and was living inside this boy. Vader knew he had a son, but was always told to think nothing of him. It was not until his true Force power was displayed above Yavin IV that the Emperor encouraged Vader?s pursuit if the boy. And now, now he was a man, the adult son of Darth Vader, a most awful and horrid machine of the Empire.

Does he think of me? What will my son say when he comes to me? Will me fight?

Questions probed Vader?s mind along with the regular voices that encouraged his anger, and they irritated him. There had been so many questions lately. Before his life was simpler, more directed. Vader?s only questions then were of what had happened to his old friend Obi-Wan, but of course he didn?t care. Vader didn?t spend much time dwelling on the whereabouts of someone he hated. Now though, ever since he discovered his son was alive, Vader had so many more questions, and even further, he was to meet with his son for only the second time ever, and this would be the end? How could that be? The Emperor would surely kill Luke if he did not turn.
    Luke, saying the name Luke made Anakin smile. It hurt to smile. He hadn?t done it in so long, and it was painful to stretch the old and weak muscles of his face. No one could see it if he smiled anyways, what was the use? He remembered that at one time Padme had loved his smile, and Vader vowed to do it more often.
    Since first seeing that tape of Luke on the first Death Star, Vader had come to dissect everything about the boy. He decided that the young man was built short in stature, and small all around, more like Padme, than himself. He had determined that Padme must have named him Luke, he knew she loved simple names, and he could imagine her getting enjoyment from speaking that name. Through this scrutiny of his offspring, Vader had also come to the conclusion that he was glad to have finally known his son. Not because of the Emperor?s grand plan to turn Luke to one of them, but just for himself. Luke was the one thing that still bound him to Padme, and he rejoiced in simply looking upon the boy.

Keep your thoughts focused on here, and now.

Vader decided it wise to regain what he called his Darth appearance. Over the years, he had come to accept Vader as kind of a new name, but to be Darth, to be DARTH Vader, was to be a Sith, and an evil person. No, not even a person anymore.
    Almost simultaneously with Vader?s wondering where is he, there was a knock at the door. It was one of the less well know Imperial officers that Vader had always avoided so meticulously.
    ?Sir, news for you from Commander Veers milord.?
    ?Tell him to wait. I?ll be right there.?

He?s here. He?s here. Oh no
  2. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked you mentioned a recording of Leia?s cell. In ANH Vader didn?t know the pilot was his son. I always wondered when he found out. Guess he didn?t watch the tape till after the battle.

Nice conflict in emotions. Vader was indecisive in ROTJ. You conveyed his thoughts well.
  3. Dally Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice job. I like how you got in Vader's head.
  4. theSonofsKYwaLkER Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks guys! This is why I like TF.N boards....nice people! lol.
  5. Mystic_Ally Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice vignette, you show the inner conflict really well, I like how you make Vader think of Padme and compare Luke to here, I could definitely see that in the movie for real

Any sequels? :D
  6. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
  7. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Very cool- interesting to see that seen from Vader's perspective.

-Rogue
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.