main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Choose event for February (again)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by obi-TN, Feb 2, 2005.

?

Choose event for February (again)

Poll closed Feb 7, 2005.
  1. Bowling (location TBD)

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Game Night (@ Obi-TN's)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Laser Tag (location TBD)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Nashville Kats (February 26th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
  2. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    If we do any of the first 3 options (bowling, game night, laser tag), it will be on February 12th.

The Kats have home games on 2/26, 3/13, 3/28, 4/17, 4/24, 5/7, and 5/22. For groups of 15 or more, they have special prices of $10-$31 per ticket (no additional fees). The $22 (end zone) and $25 (corner) tickets are on the main level. March 13 might be a better date, but I think we might all want to go see Robots that weekend to see the EIII trailer. 3/28 is a Monday, but that might get moved once the Predators-Blackhawks game on the 26th is cancelled. 4/17 is right before CIII, 4/24 is during CIII, 5/7 is a good possible date, but we have planning to do at that meeting, and 5/22 is the weekend EIII is released in theaters.

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Location suggestion for bowling -- there's a place on Apache Trail (near the Haywood Lane/I-24 area) that offers cosmic bowling. I'll try to stop by there tonight at work and check out their hours.

4. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Bumping this to the top. Just 3 days left to vote.

5. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, by an 8 to 3 margin it looks like NAD will be rolling the bowling rock this coming weekend. Do we have a specific place in mind? Jillians? Hermitage Lanes? Need to know quickly and I'll send out the official email to everyone. I'd say it needs to be sent no later than this Wednesday (2/09).

6. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Let's throw out suggestions for a location. Maybe if we get 4 or 5 suggesteions tonight, then Tuesday we can put up a poll.

Just for variety, I'll throw in the alley in Franklin.

7. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Wherever is fine with me...as long as it's not 2 hrs away :p

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I'll second Franklin Lanes. I like Jillian's too, but on a Saturday its probably going to be really crowded.

9. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Has thr traffic/ road contruction gotten any better on Briley yet?

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Nope. In fact, there was something in the paper this past week saying that the completion date is being pushed back a year (Fall 2006).

11. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    So is this shindig gonna happen on Saturday?

12. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Yes, and looks like at Frankilin Lanes (3 votes including mine).
    So what do you guys say to meeting there at 6pm?

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Word.

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Any of our Franklin-ish members got an address to Franklin lanes and some kind of directions from the Interstate? Also, has anyone confirmed with them lane availability? I got burned out on local bowling lanes long ago because it seems that league night moved to Fridays & Saturdays or there would be a birthday party taking up the whole place. The nice thing about Jillian's is the ability to do other stuff while waiting for a lane. Plus when during our last minute bowling outing a few weeks ago, there was light traffic and easy availability to the lanes.

15. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Franklin Entertainment Center:

1200 Lakeview Dr, Franklin, TN, 37067

Take 65 south & get off at the 96 West (Exit 65).

Turn RIGHT onto Ramp (TN-96 / Franklin / Murfreesboro) 0.2 mi

Turn RIGHT (West) onto SR-96 [Murfreesboro Rd] 0.2 mi.

Turn RIGHT (North) onto Royal Oaks Blvd 0.3 at the BP gas station.

Turn RIGHT (East) onto Lakeview Dr & Franklin Lanes is right there.

They also have video games & a sports bar in there now too.

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    (to borrow from the great Hama) Word!

Thanks, Scott

17. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Ok, I just thought of something- I really, really hate ciggarette smoke, and at least at the mall, it's non- smoking , and at least for dinner or browsing the bookstore and hot topic, among other things, the enviroment would be smoke free....and i do know someone in bowling that may be able to get us a couple lanes...maybe not at the "discount" we got last time...but.... at least only the bowling would have the smoke. I know I'm being a pain in the rear, but is it too late to suggest Jillians as a bowling spot?
    On a plus side the mall is kid friendly if anyone besides me- who always has to bring kids- wants to bring them.
    anyone else want to second me?
    (I really have nothing against Cool Springs...really)

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I second you Shannon. Don't want people to think we're always going to Cool Springs all the time. I do wish that they would get rid of the smoke on the bowling lanes too. One of these days we can push the smokers outside like they've done in California.

19. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Well, despite my win during our jaunt to Opry Mills, I will be unable to bowl this weekend because I can't lift a bowling bowl. I had my appendix taken out Friday night and I'm not supposed to lift more than 5 pounds until at least the 21st. I was also considering going to Memphis, but I don't think that's going to happen either. If someone is willing to give me a lift, I'd be willing to come cheer everyone on.

20. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    I may make the trip down to Opry Mills this weekend..more stuff to do for those who have a family.

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    It's actually called the Franklin Family Entertainment Center, and they've recently renovated the place to make it more kid-friendly (and less smoky).

Bowling Ratings

Official Site

22. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I'd rather go to opry mills, if i had to pick.

23. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    We don't always go to Cool Springs. The last event we had there was in September. While we rarely get suggestions for Murfreesboro, they also have a nice bowling alley with a resturant next door.

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well currently it appears to be a tie at 4 for Opry Mills and 4 for Franklin. Hopefully we'll get another vote in the mean time or Ryan, you can be the tie breaker. I want to send out an email announcement some time in the morning. Hopefully I won't have to make a command decision on this one, but I will if that's needed. So anyone who's holding back should voice their vote tonight. Let's say be 11 am tomorrow I hope we've reached our final decision.

Don't want to leave it up to me or a coin flip do you?

25. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Well, seeing as I can't bowl and don't yet have a ride (hint!), I don't want to cast the tiebreaking vote. It seems like the Franklin lanes will be smoke free before 6 pm, but I don't think we're going then. Jillians will likely be cheaper, certainly in regards to shoe rental, and there is perhaps more to do if you get there earlier, although there's certainly a lot of places to shop in Franklin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.