Nash, TN Choose event for February (again)

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by obi-TN, Feb 2, 2005.

?

Choose event for February (again)

Poll closed Feb 7, 2005.
Bowling (location TBD) 7 vote(s) 70.0%
Game Night (@ Obi-TN's) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Laser Tag (location TBD) 3 vote(s) 30.0%
Nashville Kats (February 26th) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAgent Jedi Master

star 3
    Alright, since it looks like there's a tie, I'm going to break it.

Both places are roughly the same distance from my place so my vote is for Jillian's @ Opry Mills Mall.

Though I suggest we try somewhere in Franklin next month... is there a laser tag place there?
  2. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    and isen't there a boarders out there?

I'll see what I can do for us w/bowling at jillians- no guarentees on the hook up we got last time, guys, but I'll see what I can do...
  3. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    We appreciate it Shannon, just know that we don't EXPECT the hook-up, but will always accept it. Don't want James to put his company too far on the comps. Now if its croweded and he can jump us ahead of the bowling lane waiting list that would be fine.

OK, so we're off to Jillian's does a 5:30 to 6:00 meet-up time sound good to everyone or should we meet sooner? Any opinions would be welcomed. Also, who's coming?
  4. GMSepiroth Jedi Knight

star 3
    Catherine has to work on Sat. We will be there at 6, at the earliest.
  5. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I'll be there. Do we have some more NAD business cards to hand out to potential members?

Also, an FYI for everyone taking I-40 East to get there... in addition to the usual "Death Star trench" mess of construction on Briley Parkway, I-40 East will be shut down on Saturday from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. between Fessler's Lane (mile marker 212) to Briley Parkway (mile marker 215). Plan an alternate route.

This has been "Chillin' Dylan" with your rockin' road report...
  6. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for that update, Chillin' Dylan, now back to the news....

Anyone is of course welcome to meet up earlier if they have "mall stuff" to do, and I wanted to know if anyone is planning to eat anywhere before bowling..I'd like to give James a heads up on an approximate time we want to bowl and group size. Hope to hear back from you all soon!
  7. autographjeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Hey Hey.. I cant make it tomorrow... but wanted to warn ya as well about the traffic.. I drove home at 930 last night from Opry Mills... Took 45 minutes just to get to harding place in south nashville with the traffic and all the lane closures... BEWARE of interstate traffic this weekend... and drive super safe.... lots of idiots near construction zones!!

Autographjeff
  8. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
  9. GMSepiroth Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK, its starting to look like we will be there after 7.
    Sorry guys but dont wait on us.

EDIT: Check that! She wont be home til 8. Forget it.
    This blows!! :mad:
  10. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry guys on the bowling....I was the one that suggested the plan to move and it just did not happen the way I wanted it to.
    On to March! I'm hoping we can check out Boarders...

But, on a randon note, if anyone wants to try to pull together an impromptu bowling night, I know at least a couple of you (ah-hem, Jedi Agent) that would be up to getting together again this month. Maybe a weeknight would be easier, no matter where the location.
  11. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    No problem Shannon. I enjoyed our time in the food court with everyone. Hoped that no members went looking for us at Jillians and then left mad. Sucked when some got sucked away from everyone during dinner, but hopeful some of our members didn't feel left out. On to plans for next month.
  12. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    not sure what that above comment means,

a number of 501st members had made plans to go to oprymills saturday afternoon.those plans werent scheduled through this forum.The NAD meeting was supposed to be at the Franklin bowling lanes.for some reason those plans changed to oprymills.

what happened to bowling? didnt the lanes get reserved?wasnt he FF supposed to be there at 5:30? who's running this show?

the fact that the 2 groups were in the same place is irrelevant,nor does that constitute that everybody there was attending a fanforce gathering ,especially if people were already planning on being there.

technically the table was full and when more people came back with food they took to the next table.big deal. besides that ,a number of non-501st people came over and were sitting there.who's upset?

if people felt alienated then its their own issue.

this kind of junk is what will keep the seperation going..........
  13. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    The meeting was never "supposed to be at Franklin" it was just an early lead in the vote for a location. At the last minute the vote swung back to Opry Mills. While we had an inside on possibly getting a break on the bowling at Jillians, it seems there wasn't an actual reservation.

Traffic, construction, parking,and overcrowding at Opry Mills in horrendous. I'd like to recommend we never go there again.
  14. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    "this kind of junk is what will keep the seperation going.......... "

I don't understand why it ever began. Do you Skip?

"Traffic, construction, parking,and overcrowding at Opry Mills in horrendous. "

That is exactly why my wife & I didn't make it for this one Ken. I would have probably come by myself, but shes been out of town for 3 days on business, so it wouldn't have been right for me to leave her by herself for the evening with our daughter. After reading what happened, I'm glad we didn't attempt to go. WHEW! 8-}
  15. JediAgent Jedi Master

star 3
    To be quite honest, I didn't find the traffic, construction, parking,and overcrowding all that bad at all. As a matter of fact, I found it to be not as crowded as it usual is.

If there is a problem with a meeting place being crowded and whatnot, then maybe we should look to switching meeting either to a weekday or in a remote location where there is no possibility of any of the aforementioned "problems".
  16. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    I drove right in to opry mills as i always have,no traffic issues at all.yes there was construction planned but i see that you guys did post that information for all to read.
    there is nothing wrong with oprymills,the traffic is aweful everywhere in nashville at some time.
    some of us were there at 3-4 pm,and ran into FF members that didnt show up till much later.i saw that your meeting time was 5:30.i saw nobody till much later,
    as for bowling,you guys shouldnt have waited to see about getting discounted lanes.you should have made reservations and paid full price,bowled and had a good time.

as for that seperation,
    i have no clue what happened.i joined this group back 3 years ago and it seems to keep getting more of an issue.i never had an issue with the FF until i heard about snide remarks being made about us in the 501st.
    ive been to every meeting just about for 3 years but those days are numbered.
    the successful gatherings/meetings are getting less and less.i know theres a few people here that have issues.
    hence why i rarely post any longer.........
  17. TamboFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    What Traffic??? I had Zero problems getting to Opry mills and the place was not even crowded. We should have several meeting locations all over and rotate them each month. wish we could of bowled, but I don't care as long as I can see some of my friends.
  18. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    While I was CR for a little over a year, and Scott was for awhile too, I never heard of any snide or rude remarks towards the 501st. If anything we envied you guys for the time and patience you put into building your costumes. I moved to Arkansas back in the late summer of 2002 and everything appeared to be running smoothly back then.

As for separation, when in discussions a member refers to the FanForce as "you guys" or "you all" (second person), I would think they weren't trying to be a part of the group. That person is creating friction. It sounds like division when you make a statement like that.

Man, if this FanForce doesn't make an attempt to work together, then Nashville should just pack it up. I'd hate to see that happen. Dylan and I brought out the whippin' belts to make this thing happen more than four years ago, and it would be a shame to see it go down the drain over something stupid. ;)
  19. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I don't see the reason for that comment (about the 501st pulling people away)
    1st of all, it was good just to see PEOPLE- friends, fans of Star Wars, families, enjoying each other's company and thank goodness not jumping all over me for not being able to get out lanes. I was happy to see that everyone was having a good time enjoying the company of each other.
    2nd of all, if people keep bring up a seperation the gap will get wider and wider. Come on, people, it's really ok to like 501st people. You won't be shunned and you don't have to act like you don't like the 501st and the FF having members in common. It was nice that both activites were at the same place and people did not have to choose which group to hang with.

Why stir the pot?
    I'm not out to kiss anyone's #%* on either side.
    If you can't see that we are all just fans and friends that happen to be in two different groups and just have to pick at a sore spot than maybe you just need to think on how you would want others to treat you, and treat them with the same respect.

20. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    Place not crowded?? I had to park halfway to the Opryland hotel. There were tons of people there! I'd hate to see what you call crowded.
  21. lady_loki Jedi Padawan

To make a simple commment, I thought everyone was haveing fun. I am part of the Rebel Legion and 501st,but I am also a ff member I didnt see any conflict of any one person or persons takeing anyone away from anyone. To me it was just a bunch of freinds sittign there haveing fun and talking about what they like and what they want to do. This whole they are takeing us away or this and that is a bit childish. Lets all play nice do things because of what you like not because of what group or forum you belong to.
  22. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    dont make ladyloki mad or she'll PM you nasty messages.........and you dont want that!!!!

guys ,no-one is mad here.so lets shut down this and moderate ourselves.
    were all fans of the SW fandom,we do things differently and theres no reason to argue.
    BUT.......
    there needs to be some positive motions made or the FF will self implode."YOU GUYS" running this show need to focus on the needs of the group and meet those needs.
    grow and nurture the members.and if that includes NON-501st type meetings do it!not everybody does what we do,we do costumes and were damn good at it.
    but we also like the games,books,toys and all the other stuff that SW has to offer.and thats why we come here.to chat and hang out with other SW fans.
    theres no competition between the groups.they arent the same and dont fill the same needs.

id like to just come out,hang out have a good time like we did last night and none of this us vs them crap.
    so lets play nice............deal???????
  23. TamboFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Scuff when Opry Mills is really crowded you can't find a table to sit at let alone two and the entire lot gets filled, thats around Christmas time. I've lived in New York and trust me Nashville has got it easy. I had no problem getting to the mall and I parked on the other side of the mall from the food court, it tends to be less packed...I even had a front spot.

I really hope this group can learn to function along with the members who are also 501st...I really don't see why not. I thought it was cool having all of us together..and while it's true only a few people tend to mingle with the other groups the more we get together you will realize that we are all Star Wars fans. For sure we need to rotate locations, pick a time and go with it.
  24. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    I say for reasons known to all, the Feburary thread should be closed and we move on to March...
    "this is not the thread you're looking for...you don't need to post here..."
    move along.... :)
  25. TamboFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    These Jedi Generals sure like to bark orders :D
    I sure can't wait for order 66 to be in effect. "Wipe them out.....all of them!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.