main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CHOP Visit with Garrison Carida, 1/18/03

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    To sign up, PM or email me.
    From Jeff, the CO of Garrison Carida:

Troopers,

I am currently planning a visit to Children's Hospital of
    Philadelphia. This event is MAJOR, since CHOP is the largest hospital
    in our region for kids.

You may remember that we own Lori Bush, Special Event Coordinator, a
    big thatnsk for the EP2 event.

This will be a standard deployment, on Saturday, January 18th, at
    1:00 pm. We will do a room to room visit, instead of a large
    presentation.

I will be coordinating, shortly with our Press Officer, TK-114. I
    assurances that the major Philadelphia Media will be attending.

Start stocking up gang. The Garrison needs your support. I need ten
    costumed troops and some squires. Hopefully we'll get some support
    from the Outer Rim Rebels.

Regards,

Jeff TK-0076
    C/O

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Of course I will be in attendence, it will be good to see the Garrison again. I doubt my Sabe costume would be ready in time, but I have my Jedi costume on stand-by just incase.

3. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Another message from Jeff, the CO of Garrison Carida. This event is a GO! Please email or PM me to sign up for this event. It *is* in costume but we could use one or two of you in civvies to help out with picture-taking, etc.

~Jenni

From Jeff:
    Dear Troops,

We have been confirmed for a charity event at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The date is Saturday, January 18th, at 1:00 p.m.

The hospital is located at 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, Pa. 19104. There's an exit of I-76, that leads right to the hospital.

This should be an amazing event. The exposure for the Garrison and 501st will be huge! I will be speaking with the Press Rep. from the hospital on friday. I am told that all FOUR major networks will be informed of this event, by Children's. When I have further information, I will consult with our Press Officer, Tim Phillips, to establish some guidelines for contact with the media.

I'll keep you all posted. On a side note, The Mummers Parade, New Years Day, is a huge event in Philly. We need to have a major presence, this event is covered locally on television...

Regards,

Jeff Romanoff
    TK-0076
    C/O Garrison Carida
    "First to Advance-Last to Retreat!"

4. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok guys, the CHOP visit is coming up in less than two weeks! We need costumed and non-costumed support. Those not wearing costumes will help to take polaroid pictures and assist those in armor getting around corners and up stairs, etc.

I'll post a poll. Wanna get a read on who can make it.

Also, some ECG may come down. If so, party at my house after and we can order pizza and pick up some beer/wine, whatever. :)

This event is HUGE. Carida is trying to get press to cover it. :)

5. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Right now we're going- IF we can find a sitter...

Kev will be in his Obi-wan and I will most likely not dress up at this point...

I will let you know about the sitter situation tomorrow after church- going to call in some favors... wait... it's me who owes everyone else... uh... I'll see what I can do. *LOL*

Julia

6. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    OK folks, last details:

Anyone wanting to carpool or convoy from my house to the hospital, please arrive no later than 10:45a.m.

Those of you driving down alone, I'm awaiting further logistical details as to where to park, meet, etc.

We need to be at the hospital no later than noon for a 1pm start. You can dress there or before you leave. I am dressing there though my hair will be finished.

Everyone is invited to my house after for dinner. Please bring $$ for pizza, cheesesteaks, hoagies, drinks. Those of you sleeping over, bring a sleeping bag, pillow and a towel for a shower in the a.m.

Eat a good breakfast before you leave. We will be at the hospital for several hours, esp if we have 300+ kids to visit.

Thanks and see you there! :)

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Calixte, that is very nice of you to invite everybody to sleep over.

I just wanted to make sure that you all got the NJ FF's best wishes for this meeting.

8. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Actually, I didn't invite *everyone* to sleep over. KofP members will be heading home after dinner. Members of the Empire City Garrison will be coming down from NYC and staying at my house. When we go to NY for events we usually stay at an ECG member's house so I'm just returning the favor. :)

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I see, I got it now. ;) :p

10. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Final details from Garrison Carida:

Troops,

Our fearless CO asked me to relay the following:

The event begins at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia at 1pm sharp.

We ask that the arrive at the main entrance of CHOP between 11am and 1130am to allow for adequate setup and changing time. (This does not apply to KofP - just try to be there no later than noon - Jenni)

*** If you see no one from GC there, ask to speak with Terry Winston from ChildLife services and Terry will get you to the rest of the group and/or the the staging area.

***The following rules will be in effect as usual:

Do not remove your helmet or make up in front of the children...stay in character.

Do not ask the children "how are you?...why are you here?" etc. Keep things light "HI, I'm glad to meet you, would you like ot be a stormtrooper?" "Did you see the droid we are looking for?"

Blasters/Weapons are to remain holstered.

********Most importantly HAVE FUN and make those little ones smile...they need it!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to seeing all of you there. This should be our biggest charity event YET!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Jason R.
    TK 9141
    XO GC

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Don't forget Jenni I'm making 4lbs of buffalo wings with the trimings for everyone while we wait for pizza!

I just hope it's enough!! ;)

12. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Sadly I must back out of our almost being able to come. It seems the regular sitters are all very busy this weekend and can't help us out...

I'm so sorry to miss this... it would have been great to see all those kids. :(

Not to mention the party at Jen's!!! :( :(

Julia

13. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Any details on directions, details on where to park and such?

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    scroll up rick...all details are in posts above.

:)

15. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    *Puts glasses on* Oh wow would you look at that.. :D

Does anyone have the address of the hospital? I want to get directions off Mapquest or something.

16. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    the address is listed in a post at the top....maybe clean your glasses?? LOL

17. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    LOL ok that's what I get for just skimming and not reading everything... It's just been one of those days.. :D

18. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    "*Puts glasses on* "<-- Cool, now you're ready for the photo ;)

Have fun!

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    :eek:

Homemade Buffalo Wings. Mmmmmm

that sounds really good.

20. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    OMG I had a blast yet again!!!! Sorry the Julia and Kev couldn't go and I hope Emi (not Emily!!) is feeling better. Again another fun time was had with our friends in the 501st, and I always enjoy trying to make those kids at the hospital happy.

And most important, I'm glad everyone loved the wings! ;)

21. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    LOL Wendy just to let you know, it's Emmi, :D and she'll be ok, I think it's because we didn't eat anything before getting to the hospital.

It was really great seeing everyone again and meeting some new people.
    We had a great time as well, and are really looking forward to the next event. :D Soo Jenni what is the next event for us?

22. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    There's a couple of events in the works now, as soon as they are confirmed Jenni will post.

Again I messed up on Emmi's name, I promise to get it right from now on! :) If I don't just take your saber and knock it over my head to remind me! ;)

23. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Thanks everyone!! Your participation was greatly appreciated!!

We had a blast. Now I just have to get my head together and get 2003 organized and posted. Look for a calendar of events this week...

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.