main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Choreography Competition 2.5

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Mar 10, 2004.

?

Choreography Competition 2.5

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Entry 1

7 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. Entry 2

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  3. Entry 3

38 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Entry 4

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Entry 5

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Entry 6

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  7. Entry 7

79 vote(s)
    34.8%
  8. Entry 8

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. Entry 9

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. Entry 10

91 vote(s)
    40.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    :p I found it funny.

2. TMNT_Guru

TMNT_Guru Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    James, I noticed your suggestion earlier and immediatly filed it under T for you

what a pompous ass

3. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Hey Kevin! :D

Meh don't worry about it. I'm not. :)

4. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    I really wanna hear what people have to say about Entry 7!

All you people who voted for it, speak up! I enjoy reading comments about videos

5. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    WOW! That new "Dawn of the Dead" movie sure looks sweet!

6. VSupervisor

VSupervisor Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2004
    I would have to say without a doubt that Brandon should be the Victor I can see the hard work not to mention Practice/Fx he put in to the film. I dont know what is going on with the #7 entry I dont think it deserves that majority of votes. Sorry no hard feelings or anything liked your wardrobe but choreography didnt hold my attention as Bradons did I watched it for about 20 secs then completly became bored of it, plus stlye was a big issue with the fight it was scetchy and didnt carry smooth motion. Brandons on the other hand wasnt that fast but had a smooth sense to it and a Keen sense of style.

V

7. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Trust me, it's driving me nuts why nobody is posting about our entry.

Do I think it deserves to win? Absolutley not. Ask the people close to me and they'll all tell you I find the film to be horrible and I even came close to removing my name from it. I really don't like it. The fact that 70+ people DO like it is great, but to know why would be even better.

Even after the 'director's cut' I still think it won't be up to par with #10, yet again people out there do, and I'm wondering what's up with that?

8. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey, idea... if you're going to reshoot, then send me a high-res file of all the shots edited together- I can then roto that, instead of the individual shots. Do you know how much time gets wasted on the handles?

9. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I actually thought of that, then looked at the file size being 8.5 GB and realized that's not possible. I do however, have an alternative idea I'll talk to you about.

10. grassmunk

grassmunk Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2004
    #3 by far the best. The begining was kinda poorly lit. This was the only time i wanted the camera to break the 180 degree rule ( BLASPHEMY! i know ). Otherwise that was by far the best peice there. Im alway curious why a peacefull organization such as the Jedi Knights would always use a blade to fight people. A jedi trained in hand to hand combat would be nearly impossible to defeat against anyone. Force speed katas anyone? Anyway i really like all the entries but #3 was the best in my opinion.

GM

11. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    it's driving me nuts why nobody is posting about our entry.
    Well for me Chicks with Sitcks... uhm I mean... Not a Forest gets my second place vote (first place if they'd get rid of #3) because you guys try to incorporate... not so much of a story... but a sense of drama to the fight. (I'm focusing on the vs Freakness fight). The pauses you have during the duel, while not necessarily ?realistic?, do fit in well with Star Wars themes. The execution of the moves themselves could have been improved, but that?s not all there is to choreography. The actually choreography, ?Mr Z goes here and Mrs X does this?, tells a story as much as a good dance does.

12. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I've read a lot of postitive posts on #3... yet it's not even a contender in the Votes... It's #7 and #10... and oddly, there is very little said about #7 (my favorite)... it's nice to finanly see someone else comment on it...

Well... tomorrow we see who wins... #7 or #10...

13. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    10 is ahead by four votes at the moment. Still anyone's game.

14. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Ask the people close to me and they'll all tell you I find the film to be horrible and I even came close to removing my name from it. I really don't like it.

Never heard THAT before.

15. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I heard that, and convinced him otherwise. I personally like the film. Heck... when I got my mum to see it she was cheering. (and then brought all her friends upstairs to watch it -.- embaressing)

I think the Director's Cut will be great.

16. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Are people STILL posting in this thread?

:::looks at self:::

I guess so...

17. yukiotoko

yukiotoko Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2004
    That was much good. :) I watch all movies yesterday :) but I tell them now. The star was light sabers were cool when they had them but not when they were no. I want to be in a film [face_blush]
    so tell me to act. Number one was funny because they looked like old nerds and not jedis. My dad is nerd but not that big. Number 2 was very bad because they are kids in a back yard and they look fake. :) Number 3 was good but I wanted to see lightsaber fighinting not Matrix fights. :) Matrix is very lot used. Number 4 cool drath mall sabers but fight not very good. Number 5 was dangarus to fight in hous with lazers :D Same fight over and over again made me want to watch matrix again. Pick noo location please. :( I thought 6 had good fight but it :cool: having bad girls as jedis. I thought that it was good them wore the hair on there face. I like 7 because it good. :) I like the clothes they wear because they like the clothes they [face_shocked]
    wear. But I wish they had the light on the swords. The fighting was to slow and looked not like preparing before. Number 8 was a good idea but bad fight. It was truly bad. I am sorry I dont want to say but I must. Number 9 was my favorite :) because it made me laugh so much. It was very bad. I looked in dictonary for word and found film. ;) ;) Number 10 was the one I vote for but I didnt want to vote for any. I thought that more work would be put into star wars because every person love so much. :( I want to hear the noice come from light sabers. I wish they wore clothes from real film like 7. If it had noise it would be the best like star wars but it had no noise so it not very good still. Thank you for my post. I want to see a star wars program on terebi. I would record programs often.

~Masataka

18. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I was looking at them again to show my girl and she said that 10 was the best, but needed sound. obviously. but she surgested some music i had on my pc. we found that "mindless self indulgence - clarissa" worked incredibly well if you start it half way through. even though the lyrics both don't fit and suck.

19. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    Number 2 was very bad because they are kids in a back yard and they look fake.

Who are you calling kids? We were 17 when we filmed it a year ago!..... ;)
    Welcome to the board, by the way :).

20. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm going to close the poll tomorrow (March 16) at noon EST.

21. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Yep, so get your vote on if you haven't done so already...

Sage H.

22. TMNT_Guru

Nov 10, 2003
    if their aim was not to put in comedic bits, then it's no loss. Also if their aim is not to suck

want it NOT to suck? Try a climax!

Honestly what is the point of good costumes and decent music without a climax. Extend the 3 on 1 fight to start (way too short) and Mitch at the end dies WAY TOO FAST. He came in looking bad ass and you made him look like a pansy. *snickers* I was expecting some huge fight with some nice choreographed moves, but no. What do we get? a quick kill and he runs away. I was so disappointed.

so whats the deal? You give your girlfriend the biggest fight and make the rest of the film nothing but filler. Give me a break. The 3 on 1 fight catches your attention and then BOOM the big let down, leaving people to say "what the hell was that?¿?"

Given, the costumes, music and camera work was good. but it is a choreography competition. It really should have a climax. You guys should know better than this.

23. DyeJedi

DyeJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2003
    Eeek, I'm late.

Just one comment, the sabers in #10 look very fluid compared to most sabers, how was that done? It's simply fantastic!

24. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    but it is a choreography competition.

Exactly!

And the choreography is great, regardless of the absence of a climax.

The work as a whole could use some work, but what happened to tasteful critiques? I mean there are so many great comments and useful suggestions given and then boom! People come on and change the mood for everyone.

25. TMNT_Guru

Nov 10, 2003
    And the choreography is great, regardless of the absence of a climax.

No, thats the point you see. All those bloody pauses where you think something is going to happen. But does it? NO!

The Choreography itself had no climax. Nothing to make you go "wow". Nothing.

So no the choreography was not great. Choreography still needs a climax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.