main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Chosen one prophecy

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by VampLena, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VampLena

VampLena Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2015
    I was wondering if anakin really was the chosen one or did jinn and later the Jedi council make a huge mistake by their need to want a chosen one? It was mentioned several times the dark side clouded everything.

Not to mention Luke acted more "chosen one-y" by far and actually seemed to possess great will and dark side resistance which makes me think Luke was the real chosen one.

Thoughts?

2. MissJo

MissJo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 6, 2015
    George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although it had been misinterpreted by the entire Jedi Order. :)

3. Keefus25

Keefus25 Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2015
    Hi,

This is my first post. I always thought that he did balance the force as before Anakin there was a temple full of Jedi but 2 Sith. On his appointment to the darkside the Jedi are culled to just 2. That is balanced to me.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Nope. Balance is this...

"The overriding philosophy in Episode I—and in all the Star Wars movies, for that matter—is the balance between good and evil."

--George Lucas, Star Wars: The Making of Episode I, 1999

"The film is ultimately about the dark side and the light side, and those sides are designed around compassion and greed. The issue of greed, of getting things and owning things and having things and not being able to let go of things, is the opposite of compassion—of not thinking of yourself all the time. These are the two sides—the good force and the bad force. They're the simplest parts of a complex cosmic construction."

--George Lucas, Time Magazine article, 1999

"If good and evil are mixed things become blurred - there is nothing between good and evil, everything is gray. In each of us we to have balance these emotions, and in the Star Wars saga the most important point is balance, balance between everything. It is dangerous to lose this. In The Phantom Menace one of the Jedi Council already knows the balance of the Force is starting to slip, and will slip further. It is obvious to this person that the Sith are going to destroy this balance. On the other hand a prediction which is referred to states someone will replace the balance in the future. At the right time a balance may again be created, but presently it is being eroded by dark forces."

--George Lucas, Cut Magazine Interview, 1999.

"It's not that they can't see the dark side coming, it's just that the dark side begins to envelop everything. It's like walking into a fog. The Jedi's ability to see lessens as the dark side grows."

--George Lucas, Starlog Magazine Interview

"The thing of it is: The prophecy was right. Anakin was the chosen one, and he does bring balance to the Force. He takes the one ounce of good still left in him and destroys the Emperor out of compassion for his son."

--George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith; page 221

"I think it is obvious that [Qui-Gon] was wrong in Episode I and made a dangerous decision, but ultimately this decision may be correct. The “phantom menace” refers to the force of the dark side of the universe. Anakin will be taken over by dark forces which in turn destroy the balance of the Galaxy, but the individual who kills the Emperor is Darth Vader—also Anakin. The tale meanders and both the prediction and Qui-Gon are correct—Anakin is the chosen one, and he did bring peace at last with his own sacrifice. Luke couldn't kill the Emperor himself, but he could make Anakin reflect on his life and kill the Emperor."

--George Lucas, Cut Magazine interview, 1999.

Imperatorius and thejeditraitor like this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Asked and answered. Locking. If you want to ask a follow up question, ask it in the pinned thread set aside for questions. If you want to discuss this issue further, please start a new thread with an aptly described title.

thejeditraitor and mes520 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.