main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chosen One Theory

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mandalorian-Jedi, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    I'm not sure if there are any existing threads on this but:

The prophecy tells of one of will bring balance to the Force. It never mentions that person being a Jedi. It also never elaborates on their power.

People go around throwing about how Anakin is the Chosen One, ergo he is the Most Powerful Jedi Ever. At one point in the movies does it say, Anakin is the most powerful Jedi ever, because he is the Chosen One.

While he's naturally gifted, the Chosen One is just a tag given to him by a prophecy.

Discuss.

Strilo edit: Let's move this over to the new Chosen one discussion thread.

2. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    Well Anakin matches every thing about the Prophecy. He was born through the Force, and he brought about the end of the Sith. Your right though, it never states it has to be a Jedi.

3. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Well, the prophecy, as stated in the films is very, very vague. "The one who will bring balance to the Force."

We have absolutely no idea what the term "bring balance to the Force." actually means. But, Lucas has stated a number of times in articles that Anakin was the Chosen One because he destroyed Palpatine at the end of the Return of the Jedi.

Is Anakin the most powerful Jedi ever? We'll never know. The only reason I think he actually is is because of his midchlorian count. That's the only evidence we have. Now, granted what does "the most powerful Jedi ever" label actually mean?

But, I like the vaguenss of the prophecy. I like the fact that it's never actually explained in full in the films. You have to decide, as the viewer, to make up your mind on what it all means.

4. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    .....I'm still rooting for Ben Skywalker as most
    powerful Jedi ever.o_O

5. Darth_SomethingWitty

Darth_SomethingWitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2005

I think someone posted a quote from GL that said that the Prophecy was specifically defeating the Sith. However, I think given the end of both ROTS and ROTJ, that's a crappy response and specifically for the children who go for the pure Good Vs. Evil approach. My personal take on it, which makes me like the saga more, is that "balance" means essentially wiping the slate clean and that the Jedi deluded themselves into the easy answer that appealed to them. At the end of ROTJ we are left with a single Jedi who essentially went through the "Express" training lane along with the knowledge that the Force could allow folks to speak from beyond the grave. Who's to say that Palpatine can't influence at least from beyond the grave - maybe not as a force ghost, but to direct some young Force sensitive youth to find a hidden cache of Sith lore and influence him to use it? The future seems open to me and there is plenty of room for a storyline where Luke (or Leia for that matter) has children who are at odds with each other, one being the one who finds Palpatine's hidden Sith lore... Even if one argues that Palpatine cannot influence from beyond, one could follow a dark path that eventually leads to learning of the Sith and their teachings. While this is pure speculation, the future is wide open...

6. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Of course this has been bought up before, in fact this is one of the topics that has been discussed to death the most.

Almost every forum here has a chosen one thread, i suggest you try one of them for the discussions you seek :)

7. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    There are several answers to this discussion.

First, when Palpatine and Yoda fight Palpatine tells Yoda that his apprentice, Anakin, will be the most powerful.

Second, no one, Jedi or other wise would want Anakin to know that he is the most powerful Jedi. It would create strife between the other Jedi and most likely some of the Dark Jedi would have intentions on killing a more powerful Jedi, just to prove that they are better.

Third, When Obi-Wan slices off Anakins appendages Obi-Wan says to Anakin "Why Anakin, You were the chosen one."

8. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    We have absolutely no idea what the term "bring balance to the Force." actually means. But, Lucas has stated a number of times in articles that Anakin was the Chosen One because he destroyed Palpatine at the end of the Return of the Jedi.

Lucas in some of the same interviews tells us what it means. It does mean getting rid of the Sith, because the dark side unbalances the Force.

9. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    I think as long as there is good there will also be evil. The jedy use the good part of the force and the sith the dark side of the force. At times the sith are more powerful and at time the Jedy have complete power. I think the term "bring balance to the force" kinda means that the chosen one had to destroy both sides not just one. if he destroyed the sith that isn't balance because then the Jedy are so powerfull. Anakin first eleminated most of the Jedy and then the Sith. The only Jedy that survived is Luke but i don't think he will teach the force to anyone since it is too risky that someone might start using the dark side of it. So know there is balance unless someone finds out about the force for themselves. I don't know I'm still kinda confused but that is what i mostly think.

10. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    For one, you spelled Jedi wrong. :p

And you whole theroy os wrong. Sorry to say, but Anakin brings balance to the Force. This is done because in the beggining, there were only Jedi. And Luke starts his own Jedi academy on Yavin IV, and teaches Leia the ways of the Force. Not to mention, Leia and Hans children. So, what the hell are you talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.