Chris Hanel's "Drugs" scene....Online Preview...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Chad_Peter, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. The_Cleaner84 Jedi Padawan

Just wanted to come and show my support for Chad. This is my first post here, so bare with me.
    I definitely think this is gonna rock a lot, and for what short clips i've seen from it, it looks really good!
  2. flyingseal Jedi Master

star 4
    hey welcome at the boards man! :) enjoy your stay :D
  3. GWPGearWorx Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will watch this because the trailer sucked me in.... Very cool.

One thing I noticed is that the PILL took effect WAY TOO QUICK. I had a friend that was a total junkie and he tossed back pills on a daily basis (dunno what he was taking) but it took atleast 5 mins to kick in (if not longer). Granted you can not take 5 mins in a movie to wait for it to work but you should of had her get up and start to walk away from the camera then have a pan around shot if her getting effected by the drug, and then collapse on the floor.

Sorry guys just my 5 cents.

Other than that I can't wait to see this film.... It look's intresting.

PS: What's the length of this flick ?
  4. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    1. This pill is new, it obviously takes effect sooner.

2. It'll be about an hour.

Thanks for your interest! :)
  5. The_Cleaner84 Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the welcoming :)
    I've known Chad for quite a while, and followed the films development almost as long. I think this looks very promising.
  6. Chad_Peter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heya Phillip,

Good to see a familiar face here. I met this kid over at http://www.np2k.com, a great natalie portman site...Anyone should go hang out there sometime...

--Chad
  7. NP2k Jedi Padawan

NP2k? Whaz that? And who's that AJR guy who gets kissed by Shayna (AKA Ashley) in your movie Chad? Why no metion of him? I'm your "other" celebrity cameo...

hehehehehe *evil laugh*

Seriously tho, This film will live up to the hype.

-AJR
  8. Chad_Peter Jedi Knight

star 3
    So far the hype consists of "ewww gross!" and "this is so lame" posts.

...Does that mean it's going to suck if it lives up to the hype?

heh heh

--Chad
  9. BarryOTP Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just watched "Sex", very good film. Just watched the preview scene for "Drugs" and I must say, quite good. I look forward to it very much.

*my first post, be gentle.
  10. Chad_Peter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool! Exciting...first post and first "Sex" viewing....can get any better than that.

;)

Did you check out the "Drugs" trailer?

--Chad
  11. lokmer Jedi Master

star 4
    Chris-

I just watched the scene and it is very excellent - well above par not only for a fan film but for independant film in general. When I saw "Sex" I wasn't terribly impressed, I could tell you were feeling your way through and saw some potential. There's something that warms the cockles of my heart to see something pulled off with finesse and excellence from the writing through the execution, and I found your clip to be very heartwarming in that respect. If the rest of "Drugs" is as well done as that scene, you've got something to take to festivals. Keep up the great work.

-Lokmer
  12. Chad_Peter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Indeed, thanks for the hefty vote of confidence. I've been through quite a bit of film studying in the two years past since "Sex," and I cannot express how incredibly much those two years have helped. And, hopefully after "Drugs," things will improve even more.

Hope you enjoy "Drugs" as much as this clip!

Peace

Chad
  13. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
  14. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Film school...I can't wait...

Just what I've learned from books in the past year has helped me SO much.

I just can't wait for 2 more years to pass, and I'll be learning film theory 5 days a week. :)
  15. Zayn Jedi Knight

star 3
    "I just can't wait for 2 more years to pass, and I'll be learning film theory 5 days a week."

hmmmm I only do that stuff once a week... the other 6 days are spent stressing about my latest project...

and yet I love every min of it :)

film school is fun
  16. NickLong Jedi Master

star 4
    No-one needs Film School when they have creativity! :p

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long
  17. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I take it your application was rejected then Nick :)
  18. NickLong Jedi Master

star 4
    /me stomps off to corner and sulks.

I was actually gonna go to film school. i toyed with the idea about a year ago and was THIS CLOSE [ ] to going in either CA or NY.

But then I realised I i wanted to make money instead of owe it! :)

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long
  19. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    make money

Bah! REAL ar-tists don't need 'money'.
  20. NickLong Jedi Master

star 4
    yes, but i know of many artists who now make "a living" painting on the sidewalk! :p

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long
  21. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Most of the people making fanfilms need film school. This is easily explained in the pathetic and unrealistic job done on the majority of fanfilms. The ones that are good are seldom made by "creative" minds. The only thing most people here are good at is the technical stuff. Lemme break it to you ;) If you are technical, and know how to use a computer really well, there is a really high chance you aren't going to make a fanfilm thats believeable...

Now post all yall's retorts and back them up with footage that somewhat resembles a movie.

BTW This "Drugs" movie is one I will be missing. So sad that it is not big enough to get the MPAA rating of R.
  22. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    Cougar, you may be right about most of that, but i'd watch how you say it, you might tick off the wrong fanfilmmaker(s). Can I come to your house and insult your mom's cooking? No? Don't come in here and call the majority of fanfilms 'pathetic'. You may find yourself an unwelcome houseguest.

BTW, i'm waiting to see your footage to back up your words too.

-Chris
  23. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Perhaps I could have phrased it better.

Why do I need footage to back up what I said?
  24. Chad_Peter Jedi Knight

star 3
    This looks like a call for the fire department. Someone get that damn cat out of the tree!

"that's no cat, it's a cougar! A JEDI COUGAR!!!"

...oh. Well get the thing down before he starts pissing on our heads too!

--ANYWAY, back on topic now....

It's good to see some of us still have critics this day and age. I don't know that one *needs* film school to survive in this industry, so long as you have a bit of experience. If you know how to study a movie on more than just a surface level, then you're all ready well off on your own.

--Chad
  25. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Thats true. I think it is amazing how the advent of digital video and editing has made making movies available to so many people.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.