Christian fan

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by Vayder, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vayder Jedi Padawan

Hey guys,

I am a born again christian but I am also a Star Wars fan. I was wondering if there was any other christian Star wars fans that are going to be attending CV.:D

Can't wait for August !!!!!!
  2. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Did you mean to say Christensen?
  3. Robonino Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi there. I'm a Christian as well, and I know that there are a few more on these boards (though not necessarily posting in the SWCV section). Welcome aboard and God bless you!
  4. jluecht Jedi Padawan

I am a Christian actually im a youth pastor...we should meet up!

Josh
    joshlpalmcity@yahoo.com
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hey there,

Saw the thread and I wanted to chime in and say that I'm a Christian as well. You're certainly not alone. I'm really looking forward to August! I can't wait! :)
  6. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm with you too!

One of our R2 Builders here is going too. He's a youth pastor and he dresses a jedi on occasion. ;)
  7. ChewieTitan Force Ghost

star 2
    Happy to say that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Would anyone want to have a Bible study before the convention starts one morning? Maybe Sunday?
  8. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  9. Baco_Sapan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hooray for christianity! :D

Well while we're on the subject, I pray that for those of us traveling that our Lord God may protect us on our joruney so that we may make it to Florida and back safely. And I pray overall that everyone may have a safe and fun time at the Celebration.

God bless :)
  10. Robonino Jedi Knight

star 1
    So glad to see so many believers unashamed to stand up and be counted. Keep up the great work!
  11. welcome2MosEisley Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is cosplay ok for Christians?

I know Halloween is a no-no because of the Pegan origin, but what if the dressing up is not haloween related?
  12. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    It depends on your personal conviction.
    For entertainment purposes only, I'm a clown, wizard, pirate and Jedi.
    In my heart, I believe that God has a sense of humor and loves to see what we do to help people forget their problems even for a moment. In my opinion, that's a gift.
  13. ChewieTitan Force Ghost

star 2
    When you Cosplay, you can still witness for Jesus. A younger fan might be influenced more if they receive a Gospel tract from of a Jedi or Darth Vader. The experience may spark their interest in the Bible and help them to want to read/study.
  14. DK_Force85 Jedi Master

star 4
    Fixed.

Well, at least for the name of the holiday.
  15. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    So was Christmas and Easter, FWIW...
  16. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Me I am too...a Christian that is. :) he he
  17. j-jawa3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is a surprise subject! I am also a Christian--and have actually been persecuted for my Star Wars interests in the past--at a Christian college!! I would LOVE to meet with other Christian Star Wars fans, especially at CV!!

Could we arrange a meeting? Contact information--please!!!
  18. Vayder Jedi Padawan

A meetup would be cool ...maybe we could have breakfast or something.

PARKER478@HOTMAIL.COM
  19. ChewieTitan Force Ghost

star 2
    Laserbrain@darthvader.net
  20. Xoxaan11594 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm a Christian and I celebrate Halloween. Most of my costumes have been Star Wars-related, of course. Maybe it's because I'm a Methodist. [face_shhh]
  21. Skywalker2B Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm sure that we're a small community, but it's nice to know that there are more SW fans that are believers. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with dressing up for something like this. I don't usually dress up, but a friend of mine says that he has a Jedi costume that may fit me. However, as hot as it's going to be, I'm not sure I even want to dress up. Shorts and a SW t-shirt should suffice.

So, any other Christians here also interested in prophecy? There's always that chance that we'll miss CV. ;)
  22. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Don't forget, we'll be in an air conditioned building most of the time.
    In past conventions, I've seen people put on light jackets because of the chill.
  23. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    well i wouldn't mind meeting everyone, but I have breakfast made-to-order every morning. :) he he he

so maybe we can have an email group and look at the schedule and try to plan something at the CON?

EDIT:

as for dressing up. I dress up all the time and I love celebrating Halloween. I personally think that it is just like reading Harry Potter or whatnot, if your Faith is where it needs to be and you are living your life the way you should then that is all that matters in the end. :) THAT is just my opinion. ;)

nnaydolem@hotmail.com Be sure to put something in the subject so i know. :)
  24. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I would be interested in some sort of meet-up!

The only problem is I will be staying on Disney property, so our transportation will be limited. It all depends on when and where. Keep us posted! :)
  25. Vayder Jedi Padawan

We're staying at the Rosen .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.