main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Christianity Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabba-wocky, Aug 1, 2013.

1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Like, just creatively I guess. Or thoughtfully. You know?

Sorry if I came off as abrasive. I'm not trying to **** on what you find important/meaningful in life. I'm just saying that there's a bunch of people in the Christian faith who would like to participate but find the usual / tired 'glory to god!' etc. bullocks kind of exhausting.

Maybe not creatively or thoughtfully. I think honestly would be better. It seems like there's little place in the faith for honesty, if that honesty includes sincere questioning or doubt. which bums me out, because as somebody who finds the Christian faith rather meaningful, i also value questioning and doubt as an expression of my faith, and i'm mostly surrounded by christians who would rather not talk about that stuff, or would see it as a test or whatever.

Also, TheBBP, Young Life is a racist, sexist organization. There are some great people involved with it, but it's not a great example of christian characters / values if you ask me.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    prenn still best christposter

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    (1) Adopt modernist thought.

(2) Actually start showing compassion for other people rather than categorising the twenty different reasons they're going to hell, inclusive or exclusive of where the person chooses to put their reproductive organ.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  4. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    saintheart didnt you used to be a christposter before you got so... complicated, avril lavigne style?

also prenn for serious tho keep jeezoposting. you're a credit to your race

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  5. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Saintheart was christposter until her turned all catholic and ****.

i'm only on my game when i'm drunk. by which i mean on pizza or the holy spirit, obvi.

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Sin is sin brother. Your sin is not less than my sin and my sin is not less than someone who is gay. We are all in need of that gift that Christ bestowed upon us when He went up on that cross.

7. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I'm not gonna lie, Saintheart, I definitely did, and to a point somewhat still do, have an issue with the "hate the sin, love the sinner" idea. Another of my many shortcomings. It never made sense to me how people could live such awful lifestyles (not exclusively homosexuality, but pretty much anything we see on the news today) and not realize how wrong it was. You're right, we are definitely not called to determine where a soul is going to go, but by all means we are free, and indeed entitled to, warn them of the possibility of hell if they don't get right with God. If we have the chance to save a soul, and don't, that soul's life will be on our hands.

8. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    except jesus (you know, the guy we're following) never talked about the gay thing. or saving souls for that matter.

he told us to clothe people and feed people and be compassionate and to (if we dare) actually try to love people. which doesn't really involve warning them about their soul which don't know all that much about anyway. if you really care about people's souls above everything else (which I think is escapist and dumb), that's fine. But realize, at least, that most people don't have the luxury to care about their souls because they're worried about their empty bellies or getting shot on the walk home from school. work on fixing that **** and the soul stuff will come naturally. just saying.

Point Given likes this.
  9. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    The problem THERE is the global elite KEEPING it that way. If the New World Order weren't in the works, then the world would be as ideal as you say.

And Jesus DID say to make disciples of all nations before He ascended into heaven. And in my post above, I was basically paraphrasing Ezekiel 33.

TheBBP likes this.
  10. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    my bad, i forgot for a second that barack obama was a certified member of the ILLUMINATI (as prophesied in REVELATION 32:4).

Point Given likes this.
  11. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Jesus did not speak directly on homosexuality, but the Bible does. Where people seem to get crossed is where they act like homosexuality is a sin worse than others or they seem to think that it is in it's own set of sins somehow. It is people who like to emphasize the sin that they aren't committing to take away any attention from the sins that they are committing. Like I said above, sin is sin. Homosexuality, murder, lying, thievery... the whole list. It is all sin and there is no such thing as "little sins" or "big sins". Me slipping and perusing an adult website is no better than gay folks being gay.

We also do not save anyone. That is not our duty. We simply do not have the authority or power to do so. Jesus does, however, speak directly on spreading the Gospel. It is one of our primary missions as Christians. We are to "make disciples of all nations" and "proclaim the Gospel to all of creation".

You are indeed correct on us judging others...

Matthew 7:1-5
    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Nor do we have the authority or power to ultimately declare who enters Heaven and who serves eternal punishment in Hell. If someone claims to be a Christian, then we can only take their word for it. We don't know their heart. Only God knows if there has been a true conversion or relationship

The Bible does define who will go to Heaven and who will go to Hell and even that every one of us will face judgement.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I quoted this many times to see if it was less idiotic in bulk.

It is not. Though I'm honestly not surprised.

Remember the whole homeschool as indoctrination thing? Yes. That.

Global elite. Ha! New world order! Ha!

Roughly how much self-hate do you dish out when you have gay sex dreams?

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    NWO lizard people are in the bible, prenn

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Dave Mustaine wrote a song about this. It was stupid and tongue in cheek in 1992, then in 2013 he'd gone full retard - right wing birther born again conspiracy theory Christian. So he released it.

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Still am. I define myself as Christian. Just not the literalist kind.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

So the GLOBAL ELITE with their HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA and LIBERAL AFTER DINNER MINTS got to you and TROUT FISHING with sticks of GLUE>

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  17. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    • *One World Government.
    • No mention of lizard people.

18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    What parts do you not take literally? I am asking out of curiosity. Not looking to debate your stance.

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Largely the entire Bible.

Penguinator likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Wait do you believe the one world government too?

21. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Again, curiosity...

If you do not believe the Bible, why are you or what makes you a Christian?

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Dude, I know I came out with an advertorial for ayahuasca, but that doesn't mean you have to take me up on it. :D

Ender Sai likes this.
  23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I believe fully in the Holy Bible. So, yes I believe that there will one day be one person (the Anti-Christ) ruling the planet.

No, he is not Barrack Obama. :p

24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    parable of the wheat and the tares, dawg. tares = lizard people

keep up with your theology, holmes

Saintheart and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  25. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    DUUUUUUUUUUDE.

ugh.

you can believe that something is true (read: holds value, read: is meaningful, read: contains truth which matters concerning how you live your life) without believe that the thing actually happened (read: what the jews were thinking when they wrote the entire freaking pentateuch). If you moved out of Alabama (or america i guess) and actually read books that dealt with the history of our faith predating the last 400 years in america you would understand this.

timmoishere, Rogue_Ten and Ender Sai like this.