main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Christmas at Wedge's - Christmas Fic Challenge Response - Rogues and Wraiths - Dec 13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Note: This is NOT meant to be grouped with my other works. It?s silly, unrealistic, and basically written just for fun. I don?t even know if the GFFA recognizes Christmas to begin with. I just want to be upfront about that so no one is disappointed that this isn?t like my usual stuff.

Rating: PG

Setting: About a year after SoA

Characters: Rogues and Wraiths

The Challenge Write a fic incorporating the themes of Candles, holiday, reunion, gifts, light no less than three posts long, that must begin with a certain phrase.

Christmas at Wedge?s aka Inyri?s Lame Attempt At A Holiday Cheer Fic

?The candle in the window could be seen in the distance, a beacon of warmth and welcome to the weary travelers.?

?Ooo, don?t change the channel! I?m in this one!? Upon hearing the melodramatic announcer on Wedge?s holoscreen, Face Loran hopped over the back of the sofa, diving for the remote control.

?In what one?? Hobbie, who held the remote, looked at him questioningly.

?This holodrama.? Face began fiddling the with holoscreen. ?Wedge? Which one is the volume??

?I don?t know, I always use the remote.? Wedge Antilles appeared in the doorway to the kitchen, tugging on the collar of his bright red shirt.

Hobbie and Face stopped playing with the holoscreen to gape at the general. To say he looked ridiculous would have been an understatement.

Wedge glanced down at his outfit and sighed, knowing why they were staring. His shirt had white snowflakes embroidered along the neckline and cuffs, while that hat on his head matched the same overly bright red of the turtleneck.

?Wedge,? Hobbie spoke up, ?You remember my three types of clothing??

?The kind that offends the wearer, the kind that offends the viewer, and the kind that offends everyone??

?Yeah. That?s probably the third kind.? Hobbie shook his head.

Wedge sighed again. ?Iella picked it out. The hat is the worst.? He pulled off the red hat scowling at the lopsided little white snowflakes embroidered on it.

?I?ll wear it,? Face offered.

?You can?t. Iella made it for me for Christmas, so now I have to pretend I love it,? Wedge returned the hat to his head. ?Besides, if I let you, then Wes will want one, too.?

?What?s wrong with that?? Face asked. ?It would be hilarious.?

?Have you seen Wes? Adumar wardrobe?? Hobbie asked with a shudder. ?Absolutely?? His remark was cut off as the doorbell rang.

?I?ll get it,? Wedge called over his shoulder. He keyed the door to open, revealing Corran and Mirax Horn.

?Unn-ell Wedge!? The little boy in Mirax?s arms reached for him, his tiny arms outstretched to the pilot.

?Hey, Valin.? Wedge took the child from his friend.

?Wedge, presents go where?? Corran carried his armful of packages into the room as he shook the snow from his head. ?Under the tree??

?Yeah, that?s fine.? Wedge shut the door behind them. ?So, Valin, are you excited? Santa?s coming tonight.?

Valin?s face fell. Almost instantly, his eyes became wide and his mouth began to quiver.

?No he isn?t. He won?t be anywhere near you.? Mirax told her son. As Valin relaxed, she noticed Wedge?s quizzical look and explained, ?He?s afraid of S-A-N-T-A.?

?Yeah, he always was a scary guy.? Wedge laughed. ?Is there anything he can get into here that would cause a problem? I think Iella and I got all the breakable stuff out of the room, but I don?t have kids, so I wouldn?t know what mischief they can get into.? He set the squirming toddler on his feet and watched Valin wander over to the tree.

?You?d think with Janson and the Wraiths, you?d be a pro at handling children.? Mirax shook her head. ?Don?t worry about Valin. I brought toys for him and he won?t open presents that Corran doesn?t hand him. He?s very strange about that.? She watched as her husband sat down beside the little boy, pointing at different ornaments on the tree and smiled.

Wedge noticed her studying her family. ?And to think C

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I feel so honoured, I'm your first reviewer, Inyri! I saw the thread for the Christmas challenge on the wr.

first reviewer? that means i get first dibs at quotes.

?You remember my three types of clothing??

?The kind that offends the wearer, the kind that offends the viewer, and the kind that offends everyone??

?Yeah. That?s probably the third kind.? Hobbie shook his head.

i missed your humor!! can't wait for more posts.

~aeryn

3. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Silly! Goofy! Fun! Hilarious!

?Ooo, don?t change the channel! I?m in this one!?

Faaaaace!

I?ll wear it,? Face offered.

?You can?t. Iella made it for me for Christmas, so now I have to pretend I love it,? Wedge returned the hat to his head. ?Besides, if I let you, then Wes will want one, too.?

[face_laugh] So true!

?You?d think with Janson and the Wraiths, you?d be a pro at handling children.?

[face_laugh] You'd think that. :p

?Hobbie, let me have the remote! I was watching that!?

See? :p

?I think it?s adorable.? Winter said. ?I?ll have to ask Iella how she made it so I can make one for Tycho.?

Mwahahaha! [face_devil]

Thanks! Watch this.? Wes set the presents down, then hit a button on the antlers. A moment later, a mechanical version of Jingle Bells began to play. ?I found them at the department store. They had a bunch. I can run down and grab you a pair if you want

So Wes! :D

?I?ve seen An Imperial Christmas too many times. Why do they even show it anymore? This is Coruscant, not Bastion.?

?Because Face is in it?? Wes guessed with a shrug.

?Because they don?t have a corny holiday special with all of us yet?? Wedge supplied.

Hobbie looked at his friend with shock on his face. ?You don?t think they?d ever make us do that, do you??

?I?d hope not. I don?t ever want to find myself singing carols while sitting between Borsk Fey?lya and Airen Cracken around a fire,? Wedge said with a shudder.

?Ooo, and Mon Mothma can serve the Egg Nog,? Wes added. ?And Luke Skywalker can??

Ahhhhhh!

*shrieks with laughter*

*shrieks with horror*

Did I hear someone say ?boom???

That's Kell. :p

It didn?t surprise anyone that Wes was acting like a little kid at Christmas. Maybe that was because he still was a little kid and tomorrow would be Christmas.

[face_laugh]

It?s still quiet. Who are we missing??

ONly among the Rogues and Wraiths would that be quiet. :p

?But we?ll miss the part where the host and Ysanne Isard sing Baby It?s Cold Outside!?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

4. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    For some reason thinking of Iceheart singing Baby It's Cold Outside makes me laugh and be scared at the same time.

5. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    hehehehehe, this is super hilarious....

A. Windsor

6. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Eep, that was more reviews than I was expecting!

Aeryn, hey! I missed you, too! Thanks so much. Yeah, this fic def falls in the humor category. :p

DOY, thank you! Silly! Goofy! Fun! Hilarious! Glad you think so. Damn, that's a ton of quotes! *is blown away by how much of the post DOY found quote worthy* I know I already said it, but thank you!

Lucid_Lady, For some reason thinking of Iceheart singing Baby It's Cold Outside makes me laugh and be scared at the same time. Ironic, isn't it? I was listening to the song when typing that and was like, hmmmm, you know what would be really silly....

Thanks, A-Windsor. I'm just getting started. ;)

~Inyri

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    *falls on the floor laughing*

*pulls self back into chair*

That. Was. HILARIOUS. :D

Favorites:

?Ooo, don?t change the channel! I?m in this one!?

?Because they don?t have a corny holiday special with all of us yet?? Wedge supplied. Hobbie looked at his friend with shock on his face. ?You don?t think they?d ever make us do that, do you??
    ?I?d hope not. I don?t ever want to find myself singing carols while sitting between Borsk Fey?lya and Airen Cracken around a fire,? Wedge said with a shudder.
    ?Ooo, and Mon Mothma can serve the Egg Nog,? Wes added. ?And Luke Skywalker can??
    ?Stop.? Wedge held up a hand. ?I don?t want to know.?
    ?Boom.? Wes grinned.

?Face was in An Imperial Christmas,? Hobbie explained. ?He was the tree.?
    ?I was the tree,? Face said, turning away from the holoscreen again.
    Face pouted. ?But we?ll miss the part where the host and Ysanne Isard sing Baby It?s Cold Outside!?

Classic, Inyri!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    JJD, Hey! Thanks so much! I think I was channeling Wes Janson the entire time I was writing that one. :p I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun with it. :)

~Inyri

9. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Oh my, that was hilarious. I loved it.

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Channeling Janson? *shudders* I don't even want to think about that. :D

11. Prophets_Otherself

Prophets_Otherself Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2003
    Suffice to say --> 8-}

You've go tot give Luke some screen time, you'd write him so well! I haven't read your take on him yet. And come on, he can even bring a gift for someone... (your choice who :D )

12. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    An Imperial Christmas

Inyri do I smell spin-off?

:D

Awesome as usual.

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    This is simply amazing! :D It is everything I'd hoped for and more, Inyri!! :) Everybody's spot-on, it's funny . . . what more could I ask for? ;)

I'm glad you got your snow day too. :D Nice to have a longer weekend, isn't it? :)

Jae Angel

14. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    [image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif]
    [image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif]
    [image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif][image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif]

need I say more ?

15. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    ROFL ... [face_laugh]

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Inyri, I found this at the contest thread and have to say I was laughing rather hysterically through the whole thing because it's so realistic, in character, and well-written. The bantering is classic, includes my favorite characters... I WANT MORE WES AND TYCHO!

17. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    RAOTFLMAOAFOMCAOTTFASASWITTGUAGACAGAHTSBICB!

If I was to quote this, I'd have to quote the whole post. It's that good. :)

Not that it's at all suprising. It is you who's writing it.

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thank you, JMBulldog!

JJD, you don't want to know. ;) [face_devil]

Prophets_Otherself, The only published Luke I have written so far was just a brief cameo, but I'm glad you have faith in me. Thankies. I'll see what I can do. Remind me if I forget to put him in.

Thanks, Janson. It's early, so I'm afraid I missed the spin-off joke. Care to explain?

Aw, thanks, NJ. That came to me in a moment of silliness the other night, and when I read over it, I revised it and figured it would work for the contest thingy. :p Glad you found it funny. Ah, yes, hooray for long weekends!

Thank you, 3MD.

Thanks, thor!

DarthIshtar, thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I write with those characters a good deal, so it's only second nature for me to use them in this. I don't think Isard singing "Baby it's cold outside" and other "An Imperial Christmas" related stuff falls under realistic, hence the note at the top. So happy you liked it! Thank you so much!

Aw, blended! *blush* Thank you. The whole post? YAY!

~Inyri

19. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    ?But we?ll miss the part where the host and Ysanne Isard sing Baby It?s Cold Outside!?

LOL! Excuse me while I go regain control of my laughter.

Alright, I'm back. Very funny, Inyr, very funny!
    Only two more posts? Awwww. Oh well.
    :Targeter:

20. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, Targetter! Glad you found it funny. :) :) :) Actually, I need to have at least two more posts to be eligible for the challenge. I don't know if I can get any funnier than that, though.

~Inyri

21. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks, Janson. It's early, so I'm afraid I missed the spin-off joke. Care to explain?

Your next fic now has to be An Imperial Christmas.[/b]

Face pouted. ?But we?ll miss the part where the host and Ysanne Isard sing "Baby It?s Cold Outside!"

I need to see that. :D

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I don't think I could do it justice. The idea is just too silly. :p

~Inyri

23. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm desparately trying to contain my laughter here.

(Laughs so much that the insane asylum storms the house.) I failed in my task.

Darn, but that was hilarious! :)

24. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I looked down the list of stories, saw a christmas fic by Inyri, and had to come in, and boy, am I glad I did

this was hilarious [face_laugh]

Wes and Face are so great in this, the next posts are only going to get better

25. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    oh my goodness . . . laughing too hard to put together a coherent response . . .

more more more!!! now now now!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.