main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Christmas at Wedge's - Christmas Fic Challenge Response - Rogues and Wraiths - Dec 13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Wow, I never expected this sort of response on my little holiday fun fest.

KnightHawk, thank you! I don't know where that came from, I'm usually not that funny. So glad you liked it.

Thanks, Corran. I'm afraid I may have outdone myself and will never reach that height again. I have 3 pages of the next part typed up, though. So about a page and a half left. I'll work tomorrow and see if I can get it finished. (The next post, not the story).

TalkingBanana, I'm halfway done the next post. Thank you so much! I'm glad you found this funny.

Prophet, I DID put Luke in the next post. ;)

~Inyri

2. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    great start inryi! i love ur wraith stuff.

-jj00

3. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    That was absolutely hysterical, Inyri! I'd do what everyone else is doing and go copy+paste your work to my message, but I'd copy+paste the whole thing! The last sentence really capped it though...

Absolutely classic Face. And Kell! It was so hysterical...Poor little Valin...the 'Father' comment was good though!

4. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    I would quote my favorite parts, but that would just mean reposting the whole chapter. That is truly hilarious. Laugh out Loud hilaraious. Laugh out Loud and get the libraians to glare at you, hilarious. Good job. I can't wait for more.
    ~Rosy

5. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    LOL...sweeeeet. Loved it, Inryi :)

-JSD

6. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Wow, guys, thanks! I suddenly feel the need to stop while I'm ahead...

Thanks. JJ00!

Trickster, my one sister used to be scared of Santa, which is where I pulled the Valin thing. And the last line was a combination of late night, chocolate, and a Christmas play list. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Rosy, thank you. I've started the next post; it isn't quite as funny, though. I don't think I can top what I've already written.

Thank you, JSD!

~Inyri

7. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *laughs at last line*

That reminds me something like the Hardiman family Christmas at my mamaw's...all you're missing is the poker game. :)

~Rogue

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey, Rogue!

I'm so glad you liked. :) Psst, here's a secret, the next post has more Hobbie. :p

~Inyri

9. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Inyri, is there more Kell? As in explosions?

10. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    We let this get to page 4! Up Up Up!

:~:Targeter:~:
    :Explosion Girl:
    :*BOOM!*:

11. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Sneaks in an Up!!

~aeryn

12. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey, guys, thanks for upping this.

Right now, my posting schedule looks like this. There are three total posts. One is already up. I'll get one up either Friday or Saturday of this week, and the last one around the same time the following week. The Wednesday after that is Christmas. :)

~Inyri

13. Guru_Ketch

Guru_Ketch Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2003
    Hey, havent read much on this forum, but this is one of the best I have read. Keep up the good work, me want more...

14. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Friday or Saturday? Yay! Soemthing to enjoy after my feakin' essay test! ^_^

15. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Cute! Very cute! Hehe... can't wait to see what Wes gave Valin. Can't wait for more! :)

16. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    It's Friday...!

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hi guys! I haven't had a chance to look at the next post yet; I wrote part of it last weekend, but this week's been insane. I have my final project due for the class I'm taking, as well as a test I have to write for my students to take. (Yes, I give tests the week before Christmas. I'm that evil). I'll try and take a break and write it up though.

~Inyri

18. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Test before Christmas? Don't even mention such things, Inyri! *shudders as she remembers the essay test she had today and the culmative math test she has next week*

the horror, the horror!

We asked our science teacher if she would teach us hwo to make TNT in class next week, and she said no. What a shame, we really though she might agree. I mean it is chemical science!

19. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great beginning here, Inyri. I'll have to add this to my list of fics to watch, as the humor here is just wonderful. As for posts slowing down, I understand completely. Whenever they come, I'll be waiting.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

20. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, guys. This one isn't as good as the last one, but it's been a long week and my mind just can't come up with anything funny. I'm so sorry; the last post should be better.

Wedge looked over at the group still clustered around his holoset. ?I don?t think they have any intention of leaving there.?

?They?re eating in front of the holoscreen.? Iella sighed, walking to take a seat in the circle. ?This was supposed to be a time to spend with friends and they?re watching An Imperial Christmas.?

Wes whistled. ?Now that is one hot woman.?

?Shut-up, Janson.? Inyri tossed a pillow in his direction.

?Whoa. No throwing the pillows.? Wedge intervened. ?No throwing anything?? He paused, turning towards the holoscreen. I know that voice? ?Oh, Sithspit.?

?Told you she was hot.? Wes mumbled with his mouth full.

?Wes, that?s disgusting. Swallow before speaking.? Hobbie gave his friend a look.

?She?s my sister!? Wedge turned to Wes. ?You knew that!?

?She?s still hot,? Wes shrugged. ?Wedge, do you have any other sisters? That would be single and interested in a fine, upstanding pilot in the New Republic military??

?No.? Wedge glared at him.

?Even if he did, Hobbie already has a girlfriend.? Inyri snickered.

Wes raised an eyebrow. ?You have a crush on Hobbs, Inyri??

?Oh, yes, Janson,? She replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm, ?I lay awake all night thinking ?Oh, what can I wear tomorrow to catch Hobbie?s attention???

?Inyri, I?m flattered, but I?m proposing to another woman tomorrow night.? Hobbie shook his head sadly.

?But I?m sure Wes will gladly comfort you in this time of sorrow,? Face added.

?And I?m very good at comforting women,? Wes added with a smirk. He looked over at Hobbie. ?Wait, you?re proposing??

Hobbie, his mouth full of food, nodded. He swallowed, then fished a case from his pocket. ?I have to keep this with me. I have this feeling that I?ll go to ask her and it?ll be missing.? He passed the small box to Wes.

Janson opened the ring case and whistled. He turned it around so everyone could see.

Tyria?s eyes grew wide as she leaned over for a closer look. ?Is that real? It?s huge!?

?It better be.? Hobbie took the box from Wes, snapping it closed and returning it to his pocket. ?I?ve been invited to Christmas with her family. After dinner, I?m taking her for a walk down to the park near her home ? we went there on one of our first dates ? and I?m going to propose there. Get down on one knee?the whole thing. Of course,? he frowned, ?It doesn?t mean she?ll say ?Yes.??

?That is so sweet, Hobbie!? Tyria exclaimed.

?Very romantic,? Inyri added.

?So much better than Corran?s proposal. He asked me to marry him in a tapcafe,? Mirax rolled her eyes.

?Hey, you had no complaints at the time,? Corran shot his wife a hurt look.

?At least Corran didn?t stalk you outside your house first,? Iella said. ?I came home one night and Wedge is hiding in the hallway, watching me.?

?Ooo, guys, it?s the hula hoop song!? Face pointed to the holoscreen, where a miniature version of himself was crooning ?Me I want a hula hoop??

?Hey, you?re out of your tree costume,? Kell noted.

?Yeah, this was my big solo,? Face explained.

?She?ll say ?yes,? Hobbie.? Inyri ignored Face and Kell. ?She?d be stupid not to.?

?Thanks, Inyri, but I?m not holding my breath.? Hobbie set his plate on the caf table. ?But?you know, I just know this is the one.?

?Hobbie Klivian, when did you become a romantic?? Iella asked.

He shrugged.

?Christmas, Christmas time is here,? Face sang along with himself, swaying back and forth in his seat, ?Time for toys and time for cheer??

?Do we have desert?? Wes looked back towards the table hopefully. ?Maybe cookies??

?I have some for later,? Iella said. ?I figured we?d all be full from eating and would want to wait.?

?Besides, we?ll probably want to eat during Secret Santa,? Ty

21. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Stealing first reply, will edit when I read it

[edit] Nicley done, I liked it.[/edit]

22. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *giggles* Another hilarious post... Oh Wes... hehehehehhe

More soon! Please!!!

A. Windsor

23. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] Hehe, I loved that post, Inyri.
    Course it could have something to do with my favorite character being in it, ;) :p
    I'd tell you my favorite lines but I'd up having to copy the entire post.

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, 3MD.

A.Windsor, thank you! Glad you thought it was funny. I'm too tired to tell the difference any more.

JMBulldog, thank you. Glad you liked. BTW, who is your favorite character?

~Inyri

25. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    BTW, who is your favorite character?
    Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.