main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Christmas at Wedge's - Christmas Fic Challenge Response - Rogues and Wraiths - Dec 13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    That was very funny. It caused me to have laughing/coughing fit. You do Luke well, btw. I loved the exchange about Mara. So Lukie, deniel is just not a river... So how bout this as the follow-up fic for next year, the New Republic government, looking for some way to 'connect' with their constituents over the christmas period. To show the human side of bueracracy decide the best way to reach the most people would be through a holonet story, specifically a piece entitled, "A New Republic Christmas."
    ~Rosy

2. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *excited* Is Hobbie going to propose to me????

~Rogue

3. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Inryi, you're gonna make my throat feel worse! I was laughing so hard I almost started coughing.

Oops, not almost.

Great job! :D

4. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    JMBulldog, :)

Rosy, I'm tempted to. It would be an even better way to make fun of the Star Wars Holiday Special. LOL. I used to be a major Luke/Mara shipper, so I like dropping little things here and there about them pre-VotF. :) Thanks so much!

Rogue, you know, I asked you awhile back if you wanted your Hobbie with a rock and you never responded. :p If you want his unnamed soon-to-be-fiancee to be you, is cool with me.

talkingbanana, oh no! I'm so sorry. Feel better soon! Thanks for reading and reviewing at risk to your health!

~Inyri

5. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Mesa likses a lot! :D

You so have to write all the Christmas holos... do a multi-author thing or something. Maybe a RR?

Keep up the good work. :)

6. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, Blended. There's always next year for writing something like that. Right now, I don't have the time. :( I'm pretty wrapped up in writing this piece and Deception, unfortunately. I was supposed to write a multi-author pilot fic back in October, but, as I haven't heard anything about it, I'm assuming that's not in the cards, so I could probably be talked into doing some sort of collaboration.

~Inyri

7. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    I can wait a whole year if you decide to do NR Christmas Special (Think back to those great ones with Bing, I just know Hobbie is an amazing baritone, don't you all see it.) Or you could write it in July.
    ~Rosy

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Rosy, yeah, now that you mention it, I can see Hobbie as a baritone. Oh, the evil things I can think of right now...

~Inyri

9. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    And you call that not funny? That was great! I kept snickering at what Wes said. I can't wait to see what everyone got for their presents!

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, Jaya. I was actually going to skip over a lot of the details of the present exchange because it can get old fast, but some of them will be pretty obvious. :p

~Inyri

11. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Poor Luke and Wedge, they're stuck with Wes who has the brain of a 10 year old. I totally agree, no good can come from this :(

~aeryn

12. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    ?Alright, I?ll just start writing a script for A New Republic Christmas. I can run it by Mon Mothma as soon as Holiday leave is over.? Wes, knowing he was now the center of attention, continued onward.

Luke shuddered. ?There?s just something very wrong about the thought of all of us in a holiday show.?

LOL!

Great post Inyri, even if it didn't include any explosions............... Oh well, very nice anyways.

Hmm, I think i shall write a story consisting of only explosions, explosions, and more explosions. *BOOM!*

:Targeter:

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I love Inyri!! [face_laugh] She's so sarcastic! :D And like I said before, Wes making snow angels is an image I can't forget! :p Something tells me I should fear Wes' gift. [face_mischief] Very awesome post! You write much better than me when I'm tired. I forget things that happened previously in the same post. :p LOL!

Jae Angel

14. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Aeryn, me too. Although if Wes does act like a ten year old, then he has matured some.

Targetter, yeah, sorry. Somehow explosions just didn't fit in this story. LOL to ur "just explosions" fic. You should write it; it would be a lot of fun.

NJ, I do too! Wes making snow angels is just something Wes-ish. :p I could just see him running outside to make a snow angel, then tracking snow all through Wedge's home. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. Wes's present. Let's just say you don't want to know. ;)

~Inyri

15. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Bleh. This is what happens when you have multiple windows open similtaniously. You forget what you were going to post. [face_plain]

Oh well. I'll just settle for an UP! :D

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Now I remember. I was foing to say that Wes' presents to his friends will be wrapped in orange, lime green and lavender. I talk to Jaid too much. :D

16. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Targetter, yeah, sorry. Somehow explosions just didn't fit in this story. LOL to ur "just explosions" fic. You should write it; it would be a lot of fun.

Oh! IDEA! I'd go run off and write it if my stupid floppy disk would work! And all my stories are on it! *sobs* Anywho....

:Targeter:

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Rather enjoying this. Face and the christmas program was hilarious. I want to see Hobbie's proposal, to say nothing of the girl he wants to offer it to! Is she an entymologist so she can treat our dear bugbites? ;)

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Blended, lol. I'll take the UP. :p And your conversations with Jaid scare me.

Targetter, should I be worried?

DarthIshtar, I wasn't going to have her make an appearance since the story is told third person limited from Wedge's viewpoint. I did promise Rogue she could be Hobbie's bride-to-be, but she'll remain off screen...er...page..err...computer screen. I've just succeeded in confusing myself. Thanks so much for reading and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

~Inyri

19. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    *tilts head* Well, if you like explosives, than no. If you do't like explosives, than I'd have to say yes.
    Actually, if my damn floppy disk doesn't start working soon, I think I'm going to try nad explode it!

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, go rogue! :D So THIS is where the wedding comes in! ;) Sneaky sneaky! [face_devil]

Jae Angel

21. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    And your conversations with Jaid scare me.

They scare you? They scare me. The first time we talked on MSN, we ended up having a massive duel ovr a castles antique armoury, that involved canon, lots of swords, clown pistols, ninja ropes, rugs, and giant magnets. And currently I owe her a bar. :D :p

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Targetter, if you blow up the disk, you'll never get it to work. ;)

NJ, yes it is. See how sneaky she is? No one else will ever have the chance to grab Hobbie. Rogue is always one step ahead. Oh, and she got back to me about which dress she'll wear when she marries him. :p

Blended, you owe her a bar? Should I even ask? :p :)

~Inyri

Update Info I'm going to try to have the final installment up for you guys on Sunday. That way you'll have it a few days before Christmas and will have a chance to read it. I'll try not to be too corny.

23. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    PM me with the dress. ;) I want to know which one she picked! :D

Jae Angel

24. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Fantastic humor here! I absolutely love it! :)

25. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks so much, Connemara! :)

NJ, it's the one on the left. Use the link I gave u for ur dresses except put Carr in where it says ur name.

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.