main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Christmas/DVD party v3

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediJeff13, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yup - the time has come! So pack up your kids, crank up your car to Jack In T.....er......Plainfield. You know you like to hang with other geeks, dorks and spazes. You know it - give in to your secret desires. Cuz there will be geeks a-plenty on the 13th of December. Plus plenty of food, liquid refreshments, snackage, sweetage and maybe a movie or 2. Question is: what flick? No SW dvd this year. Hmmmm......we'll just wing it. Anywho, you have been told. Now, how do you become a part of the fun, festivities and fricking foolishness? Well, it'll cost you an email. See - no way in heck I'm throwing my address or directions on this board. Yousa gonna haveta email meesa. But more on that.

I'll be doing some grilling. See, propane grills don't give a crap about the weather, so throw some dogs, some burgers, some brats, whatever and in a little bit: YAHTZEE!!!. That's called good eats. Maybe a Boca burger for you veggie people. M-a-y-b-e.... :) Oh yeah - there's a second part it'll cost you - snackage. If you come, bring a treat to share with the others. Food soothes the savage beasts, and there be plenty of beasts in the area. So an email to get the directions and a little side dish of some sort to share. Me thinks that is all from you. Oh yeah - NO DAMN CUB SHIRTS OR STAR TRAK STUFF!!! PLUS THAT FATTY OPRAH. Got it? Good! :D

Stay tuned to this thread. I'm gonna work with the CF webmaster to snag a CF.org email addy to make it easy to remember. So keep watching here. No, not there. Over this way.....now down a bit......right.....THERE!

2. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Sounds like fun! Now please cancel my class, homework due, and work party. k. thxks.

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    "NO DAMN CUB SHIRTS OR STAR TRAK STUFF!!! PLUS THAT FATTY OPRAH"

oh yes we got it *snicker*

4. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    He forgot "no Krispy Kreme donuts!"

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Sweet. I should most definitely be there- I just have to check and make sure my schedule's open (I'm pretty darn sure it is).

Er, move along, move along. :D

P.S. Anyone who would be willing to give me a ride to the parté, I'd be really grateful! :) Seeing as I don't know how to get to Plainfield on my own. :p

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Sithy, doing your HB impression? The first sentence mentions Plainfield. AND you need a ride. tsk. tsk. :p

Jeff, good thing you said Cubs shirts since I'll be wearing my Cubs jacket.

I say we watch X2, since we always seem to watch a portion of the first one at the party.

Also, we have a grand tradition of doing a gift exchange. Just wrap up and bring a SW collectible of some kind. I believe it was $15 last year? Anyone? It's not required, just adds to the fun.

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, my schedule looks free that weekend. Sounds like a good time.

Any particular type of gift for exchange, Carrie, or anything SW related?

And I could give you a ride, of course, Kevin. It would be right on my way.

p.s. I don't own any Cubs or Oprah shirts.

8. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    it ain't looking good for me....not one...but two conflicts.....

:(

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Noooooo. :( I miss seeing good ol' Sloppy and listening to her (humorously frequent) complaints about collecting. :D :(

Seriously though, you gonna be at the Lando Trilogy book club on Saturday? :)

Anyways, on topic, here, I have a conflict as well on the parté date. Basketball games are on Saturday nights for me. :(
    But! At times they are earlier in the afternoon and stuff, so I wanted to ask Jeff what time the party is at. :)

But, either way, I'll probably be able to skip the game if things don't work out... After all, I haven't missed a single game in the 4 years I've been on the team... He'll let me skip. ;) :D But it would be nice if it worked out so that I could do both, so Jeff... What time's the party at?

10. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    and it's Schloppy.....not Sloppy...though I am usually pretty sloppy too...

no....not gonna be at the Book Club this month...will be out with my trusty chainsaw at Sand Ridge in Braidwood.....battling aliens....
    no...
    not Klingons or Bith...
    but alien plant invaders....
    8-}

I will be at the Downtown Book Club in Dec for "Rogue Planet" though....you can come and insult me there....
    :D

11. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    General Kenobi - It has never been stated that the gift needed to be "Star Wars" related, but last year there was only one gift that was not, and the curses and epithets were flying so fast and furious, I was....er, the person that brought the gift was too embarassed to claim that they had brought it. We are nothing if not fickle and small-minded. Deviate at your own risk.

For those of you who aren't planning on attending, it is most definately YOUR loss. Jeff always puts on a great spread, and everyone who shows up always has fantastic time. You really should try and make it.

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Drac's DVDs

If you wanted to give it a check. I hope to be there

13. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I should be able to attend. And Sithy, you're more than welcome to hitch a ride, along with anyone else in the NW burbs. Either that, or we fly out to the far away country of Plainfield.

14. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Any Age restrictions? Cause if not Ill be there, once everthing has been established

15. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Well, my son was 2 months old last year, but after the first 2 beers, we had to kick him out. He's a mean drunk. :p

16. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]If Sithy can go, I see no reason there would be a restriction on you Emma.

Mark...I wouldnt put it past you actually ;)[/color]

17. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'll be there. :)

~H~

18. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I hope that means more poppy cock! :)

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "If Sithy can go, I see no reason there would be a restriction on you Emma."

Whaaaaat? I'm 17 and a sophmore in college. I'm not a 13 year old 8th grader or something, geez, lol. :p

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Spelling must be covered sometime after the sophomore year there.

:p

21. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Yes, but there is that age range thing:

Drinking and over
    Legal adult
    Minor

However much the difference between you two in age, you still fall in the same category.[/color]

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    .....and since Emma is indeed 13...
    I am sure she has NOT taken up driving and will probably be there with her dad....the esteemed Obi-Wan Kenobi....
    ;)

23. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    GIFT EXCHANGE

Participation is optional. It will be a $20-$25 dollar gift. Wrapped. Preferably Star Wars (though it doesn't have to be). We'll play the TRADING GAME again, so if you think that the item you're bringing will be OBVIOUS by the size, shape, weight or sound made when shaken, then put it in a bigger box and wrap it.

Also, a few people DEFINITELY went to the $5.00 bin last year. Don't be a cheap-azz if you're going to participate. I mean if you find a KILLER deal...like a Master Replica Obi-Wan saber for $13.99, sure that'd be acceptable....but think of the odds.

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Oh cool. :D I think I'll have fun just going out to buy something for this. :D

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Yes, but there is that age range thing:

Drinking and over
    Legal adult
    Minor

However much the difference between you two in age, you still fall in the same category.
    "

There's also the difference of driving, paying for college, having a job, and even being able to just see Rated-R movies on one's own (at 13 you're barely old enough to see PG-13 on your own. :p ).

There's quite a difference. I know I was certainly a lot more carefree and naive at 13 than 17- can you not say the same?

P.S. I'm not at all trying to put down 13 year-olds, and I'm certainly not saying that I'm "mature" or anything of the sort, I'm merely defending my point that being 17 has a lot lot more responsibilities than being younger (i.e. thirteen). Okey? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.