main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Christmas/DVD party v3

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediJeff13, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]How do you guys feel about fudge?[/color]

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Mmmmm, fudge.

On another note, I wrapped my grab bag gift today! :D

Alas, no Star Wars wrapping paper. :( :p

3. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    How do you guys feel about SPAM?

4. MrsJEDIJEFF13

MrsJEDIJEFF13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2003
    Good God, Please don't tell me my husband invited "The Force" over again. I'm still trying to get the play-doh off the ceiling from the first bash...oh wait we don't have a ceiling...nevermind-it's cool.

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    For the record, if we happen to HAVE a ceiling by Sat, you will all understand that the Mrs. will be behind the drywall, thanks to a comment like that. :)

Hmmmmmm.....Behind the Drywall. I think I have an idea for a show on DYI.

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "How do you guys feel about SPAM?"

Nah, there's already enough of that on the boards. :p

7. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    the Mrs. will be behind the drywall

So, instead of A Cask of Amantillado, we'll have something like A Jar of Blue Milk? Maybe A Keg of Jawa Juice?

8. MrsJEDIJEFF13

Dec 11, 2003
    And our neighbors will reply to Jackie Bang..."I can't believe he encased his wife behind the drywall. He was such a nice,quiet guy-never any trouble,Sometimes he would have sleepover parties with the neighborhood boys We saw nothing odd about a grown man dressing up like a Jedi..."

9. MrsJEDIJEFF13

Dec 11, 2003
    Kudos, Femme, on your creative genius. Making a dirt cake that uses a bowl and not a plate. Sometimes you work with what you got.

Me.....I'm making a 3 tiered, 7 layer, butter creme with strawberry filling. I have this awesome cake plate just begging to be used.

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "strawberry filling"

No peaches? :(

11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    That takes the cake, Ms JJ13! I'm guarding all my flower pot like it's gold this time.

12. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    i was wondering does anyone want me to bring my laptop to show off the pictures i had taken on my trip this summer or should i just leave it at home.

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Just wondering why there are no pics from this event on the website yet...

14. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Short answer: hard drive crash. It's still too painful for me to talk about, but if anyone out there has an inside track on hard drive physical repair, PLEASE CONTACT ME. All my pictures, including scanned ones from my childhood and every picture I have ever taken with my digital camera, were on there.

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Wow, ironically, that happened to us over Christmas break and we just recently got it fixed.

We had to give the hard drive over to one of my friends so he could hook it up as a slave and then he burned all the data I wanted saved, and then finally formatted the harddrive.

Then we reinstalled everything of course, and my computer is faster and as nice as it was when I got it, now! :D

Do ya know anyone that could help ya like that? Of course, your problem may not be the same as ours was (Windows not starting up), so I have no idea. Sorry man. :(

16. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    No, it wasn't my system drive, but one I used for data, so it was already a slave. It makes a clicking sound and Windows refuses to acknowledge it's presence.

17. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    There are not pics for the website, but I will have old fashioned prints at the meeting this Sunday.

18. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    you know what? the same exact thing happened to me about 2 years ago. i never did repair it.

my theory is that you could buy the exact same model drive. it must be exactly the same. then open it up in as clean an environment as you can and swap the platters. close it all up and reinstall the drive.

now theoretically, this "should" work. however it is risky. if you open the drive and get one spec of dust on the platters you could potentially lose the drive. of course you would be no worse off. still, that is something you want to avoid.

the other option is paying a data recovery service several thousands of dollars to extract the data for you.

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Is it really thousands of dollars? *skeptical*

But even if it is a few hundred, personally, I'd say all the memories in those pictures are worth it. :)

20. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Goat - That was what I was going to try, I just need to find (and pay for) a 60 GB Maxtor. Still kinda of a pricey piece to sacrifice, but I am afraid it's my only option. If the heads are damaged, there's no software in the world that will recover it.

Sithy - Yes, thousands. Why? Because normally only business are this desparate to recover data and they can afford it. I just don't HAVE thousands, or I would have done it already.

21. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    sith, yes it absolutely is thousands. i had a 30 gb drive die and the quote i got for 90% recovery from data recovery business in schaumburg was 3000 bucks. not exactly chump change. i'm sorry but for 3 grand i want a little more than 90% recovery.

hazmatt, just make sure the drive models are exactly the same. if they aren't maxtor may have made some changes to the firmware which could potentially effect the reading of data on the platters. the best place to start is a local computer shop or even ebay.

good luck man! also, let me know if there is anything i can do. i'd love to help out if i can.

22. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    ......also up.....photos from the Christmas Party...

REALLY sorry that I had to miss it.....lots of familiar faces.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.