main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Christmas Good Deed

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kirana_T, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    My roommate had a good idea, and I thought I should propose it:

Our downstairs neighbor is a really, really nice lady. She is a single mom, works two jobs AND a paper route to take care of her two boys (they are 10 and 17). Recently, her vehicle died on her, so she has to buy one, using money she doesn't really have to spare. Result: even less money to give the kids a decent Christmas.

Tora (my roommate) said, "Hey, does your Star Wars club adopt a family for Christmas?" The two of us don't really have a lot of money to spare (and she wouldn't take it from us if we did), but maybe a bunch of us with a little bit extra could make a big difference.

I hate to think of kids with a rough Christmas. Especially since the little one is a SW fan. :)

What do you guys think?

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I don't have much, but could possibly donate a duplicate figure or something.

3. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    How old are the kids, what sizes to they wear and boy/girl for toy ideas.

4. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    They're boys, ages 10 and 17. I'll figure out some stealthy way to get their sizes.

Ya'll are the best! [face_love]

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    Perhaps we can discuss it in more detail at the PFF meeting this Saturday?

6. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    This is a WONDERFUL idea!! Yes, DO bring this up at the meeting on Saturday. Of course, several of the female members won't be in attendance due to MJA's baby-shower. :( hmmmm... perhaps during after-meeting activites. :)

7. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    everybody's invited to my place after the meeting, so if anyone doesn't catch the meeting, we could do it there...

and i have some stuff i could donate too!

8. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Yes, we'll have to talk about it after the meeting: I'll be at the baby shower, too. :D

9. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Oops, we pretty much forgot all about this on Saturday. [face_blush]

The 10-year-old wears size 14-16 husky and 29 inch waist pants.

I'm not really sure about the older boy, but I don't really want to buy his clothes for him anyway. He's at that age, he wants tompick them out himself. We're going to get him a gift certificate to Ross. I don't know what else to get him, not ever having been a 17-year-old boy. Suggestions?

Anything anyone wants to donate, you can bring to the LOTR line on Wednesday. I think almost all of us will be there. :)

Thanks again for helping. :)

10. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I'll double check and see if I have any SW stuff left that I didn't send to toys for Tots (And try to bring them to LOTR)! I hope a lot of us can help! We see this situation far too often around the holidays. Come on everyone, PFF to the rescue! :D

LP

11. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    having once been a 17-year old boy and star wars fan myself i suggest:

many, many copies of pictures of princess leia in slave gear.

and perhaps a towel.

;D

12. DarthArdath

DarthArdath Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2002
    Yes my friend, but the girl of this generation Star Wars dreams would have to be Padme in black or white.

I am sorry I am unable to participate. I would love to have sent you a few things I have but they are 6000 miles away from me right now. Good luck to you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.