main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Christmas Ideas

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Wubs, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Wubs

Wubs Jedi Master

May 26, 2002
    Hey all,

With Christmas around the corner, and the release of the teaser trailer just making the next 12 months so much harder to wait for (The x-wings and especially the falcon just released the inner child held dormant since before 1999), the time has come to imbue those dearest to me with SW related gifts (and a few on the side for me of course :)).

I have in my mind great (but not too expensive) collectables, and nice trinkets / novelties.

Any of you kind folk can lend some brain storming assistance?

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The Hallmark Star Wars Christmas Tree ornaments are always a great gift.....I have gotten one or two each year for the past 5 years or so and I love them.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My local Sainsburys (supermarket) has SW Lego keychains. Those are small enough to make nice stocking stuffers. I got the Boba Fett one last year when it went on sale.

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    You can never go wrong with a Star Wars t-shirt. Stores from Target to Old Navy carry them year-round. I've gotten a SW t-shirt from my Brother's family each of the last few Christmases.

5. LeDave

LeDave Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2014
    Ultimate FX light sabers! They are only 39.99 at Target.

6. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    SW black series 6 inch are always good!

7. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok, Disney stores are having a 30% SW sale. I bought an ESB figure set for $7 that has: Luke, Han Solo in Carbonite, Boba Fett, R2, Stormtrooper and Yoda. All nice looking figs and placed in such a way that does not require opening to enjoy.
    Also, Home Depot: snowglobe of Vader making a snowman with a stormtrooper helmet on top for head that plays music and whooshed fake snow [ no water in globe] at the push of a button. It was under $15.
    Thinkgeek has tons of stuff with 25%off and free shipping. I bought SW charms of Vader, Stormtroopers, and R2: hey, I'm a girl, I can wear bracelets. :p
    They also have the mugs, cookie cutters for $10, various other small trinket type stuff geared toward geeks like us. :cool:
    Of course, at this point, I'm sure you are all finished shopping, right?

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Almost - need to do grocery shopping tomorrow.
    If you're in the UK, I've seen SW-related gifts in Sainsburys and Menkind recently.