main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Christmas in July...... The Annual RMFF BBQ - Satuday July 16th 3pm at The Fetts House

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, May 31, 2011.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

[face_laugh]Leave it to DAVE to cause the need for that rule!

2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OFFICIAL 10TH ANNUAL RMFF BBQ DETAILS

When: Saturday, July 16th starting at 3pm ending whenever (we will kick you our eventually) :p

Where: The Fetts? House Westminster, CO (PM either Catz44 or Bfett88 for address and directions)

What: Christmas in July Theme ? White Bantha will be done price point $10 (see below for details)

Why: Because it?s an AWESOME fun thing to do! DON?T MISS IT!!!!

White Bantha- For those of you who have yet to experience this wonderus event:
    Firstly it is not mandatory to participate, its just for fun, and watching people open crazy things is half the fun.
    White Bantha (also known to many as white elephant to many others) is a gift exchange where each person brings a gift for minimum of $10, you can bring something really cool, funny etc. (this is a family event so please bring family appropriate gifts) NO ANIMALS, LIVING OR DEAD! So we draw numbers, one starts pulls a gift. The 2nd number then can either steal the gift from the first person or draw a new gift. If they were to steal from someone with an open gift the person they steal from pulls a new gift by either stealing or picking up a new one. A gift ?dies? after its been stole twice and cannot be stolen again. We will go over the rules again at the party, I?m sure I missed some details. But it gives those of you who have never done this an idea of what to expect.

We will be doing a Mexican Theme for food. We will be providing, Chicken Enchiladas, Tacos, with Taco Fixings (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes.)
    Other items needed (anything of course not on the list is welcome) - Anything Mexican, Rice, Chips, Salsa, Guacamole, Dessert, Drinks, Cups, Plates, Utensils, Ice, Napkins, Drinks, more Drinks.

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We will bring Green Chili.

Oh, can we do a movie on the side of the house? I already alerted the IT department :D I think CYR has a moive to share as well.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    TWIST my arm...you know what i am bringing. ;)

5. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Sure! As long as we have right equipment for it, I think JT and Grimb are the ones that have helped us do it in the past.

6. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

I'll bring a projector, PA system and my laptop.

7. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Does PA system include speakers? I think dh said he would bring a speaker??? Hard to run the meeting & listen to the 500 side conversations at the same time, even though there was only 10 people :p

8. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    The PA system includes two speakers, so DH doesn't need to bring one. We're good, but thanks!

It also includes wired and wireless mics, so Mel can use them, if she wants.

9. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I can just see someone yelling in the mics "Bienvenido a SABADO G-I-G-A-N-T-EEEEE!!!!" It's a telemundo thang...

10. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I will be attending alone and will bring something fantastic to share.

11. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    No, you will be attending with me. :p

I hope to have Something Very Cool to bring. Life's just a little wacky right now so I don't want to promise....

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    AFAIK, I will be there. I'll decide what to bring later... after we have a better idea of what is still needed.

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    We still have RMFF plastic ware, boats & napkins. If nobody has an objection I would love to get them out of my storage area & use them for something, like say NACHOS~!!!!

I can drop them off before the BBQ since I work right by the Fett's??

14. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    The rules say nothing about reanimated animal corpses.....i.e., zombie scorpions, etc. Just sayin'....

I'll bring something tasty as well! Not sure what yet, but something tasty!

15. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    FYI, zombie scorpion quesadilla is not tasty.

16. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm thinking of bringing one of those do-it-yourself cheesecakes. I need to refresh myself on directions, see if it's feasible. Other than that, need to think of something cool yet reasonable to do with traveling.

17. catz44

Jul 25, 2004

I think you coming is a gift enough, dont worry about bringing food. We've got you covered. ;)

18. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I will check in on Friday to see what needs to be covered. We will be driving back from MI and plan to arrive home sometime Friday eve.

19. catz44

Jul 25, 2004

HERE IS THE BEGINING OF THE LIST: Please post if you are coming and what you will be bringing. :)

Nnaydolem -Guacamole
    Sith Chick & Darth Hair -Green Chili
    JT & FanForced
    Sarnia
    QueenHighMistress
    Obey Wann
    Lego
    Taeriel
    Cyodarun
    Jedi Girl of Corellia
    Zoo
    JawaJaka
    Kwisatz Haderach

Maybe
    Varza +2
    Jedijaysin

20. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I will bring some kind of beverages.

21. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I will bring a desserty thing. Likely chocolate in nature.

22. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I think I'll bring a nachos rig.

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I will be bringing.....

Celebration Drinks?

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

[face_laugh] there is a trade mark LOL

25. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm hoping to bring one of those cheesecakes. Still need to look up instructions.