main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Christmas in July...... The Annual RMFF BBQ - Satuday July 16th 3pm at The Fetts House

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, May 31, 2011.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OFFICIAL 10TH ANNUAL RMFF BBQ DETAILS

When: Saturday, July 16th starting at 3pm ending whenever (we will kick you our eventually) :p

Where: The Fetts? House Westminster, CO (PM either Catz44 or Bfett88 for address and directions)

What: Christmas in July Theme ? White Bantha will be done price point $10 (see below for details)

Why: Because it?s an AWESOME fun thing to do! DON?T MISS IT!!!!

White Bantha- For those of you who have yet to experience this wonderus event:
    Firstly it is not mandatory to participate, its just for fun, and watching people open crazy things is half the fun.
    White Bantha (also known to many as white elephant to many others) is a gift exchange where each person brings a gift for minimum of $10, you can bring something really cool, funny etc. (this is a family event so please bring family appropriate gifts) NO ANIMALS, LIVING OR DEAD! So we draw numbers, one starts pulls a gift. The 2nd number then can either steal the gift from the first person or draw a new gift. If they were to steal from someone with an open gift the person they steal from pulls a new gift by either stealing or picking up a new one. A gift ?dies? after its been stole twice and cannot be stolen again. We will go over the rules again at the party, I?m sure I missed some details. But it gives those of you who have never done this an idea of what to expect.

We will be doing a Mexican Theme for food. We will be providing, Chicken Enchiladas, Tacos, with Taco Fixings (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes.)

Other items needed (anything of course not on the list are welcome) - Anything Mexican, Rice, Chips, Salsa, Drinks, Ice,

HERE IS THE BEGINING OF THE LIST: Please post if you are coming and what you will be bringing. I think we are good on desserts and probably drinks.

Nnaydolem -Guacamole
    Sith Chick & Darth Hair -Green Chili
    JT & FanForced ? Tortilla Chips and Something else
    Sarnia - Beverages
    QueenHighMistress ? Desert thing (chocolate)
    Obey Wann- ?
    Lego - Empanadas
    Taeriel - Cheesecake
    Cyodarun -?
    Jedi Girl of Corellia -?
    Zoo ? Nacho Fixings
    JawaJaka -?
    Kwisatz Haderach ? 7 layer dip
    Grimby ? Celebration Drinks
    JawaJaka- Mexican Cookies & Margaritas
    Varza +2- Spicy Brownies
    Nerfherders & Chris- Drink of some kind
    Graco +2- Pulled Pork
    Obi_Wannabe, SWSNBNOTB and BabySWSNBNOTB ??
    Darklord +2 -?

Maybe
    Jedijaysin

As for plates,cups and napkins..... I know Sithchick posted we will have some bowls, napkins, utensils leftover so I dont think we need those. But if one person wants to bring some plates and cups that would great, I think we only need one person to fill in the extra stuff. ;)

2. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I will also bring more cups to go with my drinks.

3. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL,

Well maybe we should have everyone bring your own cup, plate and utensils. [face_peace] :p

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Sorry, I missed that. I'll get the ice and soft drinks.

5. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks Bill, no worries. ;)

6. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Oooooo! I'm coming twice? Cool! (I'm on the list twice) Hey, that's more food for the jawa!

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Tom, corran_r9 donated this framed poster for the raffle.
    I can say it is very nice and fairly pricy. We will have other items for the raffle as well like water bottles and decals. Should we make this so you dont need to be present to win ( but must be able to pick it up) and make the tickets available through paypal?
    [image=http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff64/darthhair/DSC05092.jpg]

8. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    :eek: Dude.... I know a certain poster that's coming home with me Saturday! Well done Tom!!=D=

9. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    We could either do that, but we should have separate tickets. Maybe 2 dollars each. Or silent auction?

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    No way dude, It's MINE!

11. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    We should do raffle's through out the day. 2-3 items at a time and then have the poster at the end. Same cost for the tickets so everyone gets a shot.

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Since the desserts are all taken I'm going to see if I can steal a recipe from my boss. Her Jalapeño Poppers are AWESOME!

13. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Yum!

14. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    If people want to bring chairs to sit on that would be great, we have some but not enough for everyone. ;)

15. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I will bring a chair with cupholders for my cups.

16. catz44

Jul 25, 2004

When: Saturday, July 16th starting at 3pm ending whenever (we will kick you our eventually)

Where: The Fetts? House Westminster, CO (PM either Catz44 or Bfett88 for address and directions)

What: Christmas in July Theme ? White Bantha will be done price point $10 (see below for details)

Firstly it is not mandatory to participate, its just for fun, and watching people open crazy things is half the fun.
    White Bantha (also known to many as white elephant to many others) is a gift exchange where each person brings a gift for minimum of $10, you can bring something really cool, funny etc. (this is a family event so please bring family appropriate gifts) NO ANIMALS, LIVING OR DEAD! So we draw numbers, one starts pulls a gift. The 2nd number then can either steal the gift from the first person or draw a new gift. If they were to steal from someone with an open gift the person they steal from pulls a new gift by either stealing or picking up a new one. A gift ?dies? after its been stole twice and cannot be stolen again. We will go over the rules again at the party, I?m sure I missed some details. But it gives those of you who have never done this an idea of what to expect.

We will be doing a Mexican Theme for food. We will be providing, Chicken Enchiladas, Tacos, with Taco Fixings (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes.)

HERE IS THE BEGINING OF THE LIST: Please post if you are coming and what you will be bringing. I think we are good on desserts and probably drinks.

Nnaydolem -Guacamole
    Sith Chick & Darth Hair -Green Chili, Bowls, Utensils, & Napkins
    Sarnia - Beverages
    Obey Wann- Ice & Soft Drinks
    Lego - Empanadas
    Taeriel - Cheesecake
    Cyodarun -?
    Jedi Girl of Corellia ?Jalapeno Poppers
    Zoo ? Nacho Fixings
    Varza +2- Spicy Brownies
    Nerfherders & Chris- Drink of some kind & Cups
    Graco +2- Pulled Pork
    Obi_Wannabe, SWSNBNOTB and BabySWSNBNOTB ? ?
    Darklord +2 -?

Maybe
    Jedijaysin

STILL NEED:
    Plates, forks
    Other items needed (anything of course not on the list are welcome) - Anything Mexican, Rice, Chips, Salsa, tortillas, beans,

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I never said bowls, they are boats. The red & white checkered things we served potatoes in.

Utensils are wrapped in bags & I don't know if it's just forks or spoons, haven't had a chance to go take a look & thought I would have them over to your house by now, but oh well.

Let me update on this status tonight.

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    But will it have a plate-holder for all those extra plates?

19. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Put us down for Chips, salsa, and rice.

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    What, no cups or plates????

21. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    We picked up tortillas, and beans at the store with the other stuff. So those are covered now. ;)

22. catz44

Jul 25, 2004

When: Saturday, July 16th starting at 3pm ending whenever (we will kick you our eventually)

We will be doing a Mexican Theme for food. We will be providing, Chicken Enchiladas, Tacos, with Taco Fixings, Beans, and Tortillas

Nnaydolem -Guacamole
    Sith Chick & Darth Hair -Green Chili, Boats, Utensils, & Napkins
    Sarnia - Beverages
    Obey Wann- Ice & Soft Drinks
    Lego - Empanadas
    Taeriel - Cheesecake
    Cyodarun -?
    Jedi Girl of Corellia ?Jalapeno Poppers
    Zoo ? Nacho Fixings
    Varza +2- Spicy Brownies
    Nerfherders & Chris- Drink of some kind & Cups
    Graco +2- Pulled Pork
    Obi_Wannabe, SWSNBNOTB and BabySWSNBNOTB ? Chips, Salsa, & Rice
    Darklord +2 ?Plates, Cups Etc.

Maybe
    Jedijaysin

STILL NEED:
    Other items needed (anything of course not on the list are welcome) - Anything Mexican

Also bring chairs if you have some, we have some but not enough for everyone. ;)

23. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    just a quick update - we are now a maybe. We have family coming into town just for the night and everything is now up in the air. But it is a maybe but leaning on the side of we may not make it.

24. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    We will be rolling in from Michigan....our ETA about 2:00 or so...I will call and see what is needed. May be a little rough around the edges :eek:

25. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    :(