main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Christmas In July: The Holiday Special Silver Anniversary Party Part 3!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    It's back! And now with 100% more The Holiday Special!

Come subject yourself to the worst TV show ever ... again! Along with the viewing of the special we will also watch various bloopers, outtakes/rareties/behind the scenes, movie screen tests, parodies (such as Thumb Wars, Hardware Wars, and Mad TV), old shows (such as Mark Hamill on Letterman in 1983, Muppet Show 1980, Today show 10th Anniversary), and some surprises. Location will at a members house. Food (Pizza and snacks) and drink will be divided up amongst attendees. Please bring a snack to share and drinks for yourself. Also, please bring enough money for your share of the pizza.

So, who is interested in attending and what date(s) would be good for everyone?

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "It's back! And now with 100% more The Holiday Special!"

Dana, is it me, or do you take some sort of perverse pleasure in tourturing people? :p

Part 3? Part 0.00000000000000000001 is enough for most people!

3. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    It wasn't my idea! The Holiday Special Party Part 2 didn't even show the special. So I guess we show it every other viewing event.

4. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    OH THIS HAS MY ATTENTION

What is the holiday special you are talking bout. Could if be that wookie thing.

For those of use who are new to the group can you explain more? Why was it not shown? (or can you not say here)

How many people attended last time?

5. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Why yes, it is that Wookie thing.

It wasn't shown the last time because it is HORRIBLE. Its so bad its bad. But for some reason people want to see it again. It does make for a good Mystery Science Theater experiance among the group though.

And last time we had about 7-8 people attend. Moriah was even nice enough to drag chalupas that she made in her dorm to it for everyone.

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I think we like to watch the Holiday special just to see how much we can take before inflicting random acts of violence on each other.
    I guess were a good cohesive club because last time we made thru okay.
    Hey GotMauled, the big test for you is to sit through the mother-wookiee-cleaning-house scene which may actually have as long a stretch of dialogless film as the movie Castaway.
    It might not be so bad for you if you understand wookiee grunts.

Oh how about we do it Sunday July 25, 2004? That will be two weeks after we come back from the ShoreLeave con in Maryland.

7. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Dana! You brought up my chalupas! [face_laugh] Thankies! [:D]

Oh man, Sunday the 25th of July would be so awesome--cause Tim will be here again! [face_love] Would it be ok for him to join in the torture...*cough* I mean, fun? :p :D

8. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    The more the merrier! But will he still want to come back to NY if he sees the special? ;)

9. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol Dana - I SO want to see the SW Holiday special [face_laugh]
    It may sound crazy but I do. Must see real Wookiee before my dreams are shattered in Ep III 8-}

Anyways, being a Brit, I will be able to hide the internal horror of what is being played before my eyes with a stern, stiff-up-lip expression on my face (think Grand Moff Tarkin). [face_plain]

Try keeping me from NYC (I am claiming it back for the Queenie)

10. GotMauled

May 1, 2004
    WOW.
    I havent seen that wookie thing since.....since....Well....since it was on TV i think.

I wana See please pleae please.

11. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "Anyways, being a Brit, I will be able to hide the internal horror of what is being played before my eyes with a stern, stiff-up-lip expression on my face (think Grand Moff Tarkin)."

Yeah, and as a fellow Brit who has seen it (well, almost!), I can just say, you plonker, Rodney! :D

I say "almost", because I fell asleep it was THAT BAD! I swear, it's a car crash of a fiasco of a used toilet paper effort of a TV show!

Trust me, there is a REASON why people laugh at this...all for the wrong reasons. I'm not even the customary British 8 pints of Stella and 3 Aftershocks can deaden the pain this will cause! :p

Don't say I didn't warn you! lol

12. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    LMAO Mark,
    Will remember the words of wisdom from Del Boy then :p
    I think it is like the "Road Crash" instinct - people flock to see out of morbid curosity (I personally don't, and disapprove of people who just gormlessly stare whilst blocking up the path for those who can help).

But I have seen pics from this - Moriah and myself have the SW Chronicles book and it has stills in there from the Holiday Special. I may have even seen a short clip on a SW documentary. I know I will cringe lol, but I am keen to see Boba's first appearance (this was before ESB) and also I want to see how Kashyyyk was envisioned before Ep III, even if it is a simple version. And I know it is bad, but I have seen worse.

And the Tarkin comment was just a stupid joke ... I can emote lol (just like Padme).

13. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    I hate to say this, but the holiday special is one of those things that it is so bad it's good. Not good good, but oh my god this is so horrible I can't help but watch good.

I'll be there. Just let me know where and when. Also, being that I have no sence of direction what-so-ever, I'll need instructions on how to get to wherever we are having this.

14. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    It's going to be at my house. I live in North Merrick.

If anyone has ANY rarities, please bring them!

ETA: I will e-mail everyone directions to my house a week or two before the event. Its easy to get to.

Also, I'm going to send out an e-vite to those who are interested in attending. Its a lot easier to keep track of the guest list that way and who is bringing what snacks. Is that OK with everyone? On e-vite we can even vote on the date!

Please e-mail me at Chapterrep@db516.com or PM me your e-mail address if interested in attending.

15. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Cool! This sounds like everybody is into it. July 25th sounds like the perfect date for it. It's Dana's decision as hostess of the event. --Billy

16. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    I'm just warning you all right now - Mauled will probably love the Holiday Special. 'Cause he's not right. Not right at all. ;)

17. GotMauled

May 1, 2004
    I did not know wookies were catholic
    . I figured them to be druids.

18. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    It's all very strange. We are not meant to understand Wookie religion.

19. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    That's funny.They don't look Druish.

20. GotMauled

May 1, 2004
    No no Wookies do not come from Druidiea.

Where do they come from???

21. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    The Shire.

No, wait... that's hobbits. Who are hairy, but not as much as wookies. Or as tall.

Never mind.

22. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    No no Wookies do not come from Druidiea.

You dare mention Spaceballs on a SW web site! Are you insane? :p

Where do they come from???

The Wookiee homeworld is known as Kashyyyk.

23. GotMauled

May 1, 2004
    I think they come from that planet that Lone Star met Maog on.

24. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    You dare mention Spaceballs on a SW web site! Are you insane?
    Haven't you figured that out yet?'Tis the nature of fandom.All hail Dark Helmet!!

25. GotMauled

May 1, 2004
    You are totaly right Trooper-C. I dont know what i was thinking

May the Schwartz forgive my ignorance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.