main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA CHRISTMAS PARADE!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Fettish-, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    I have an idea:

Why don't we see about getting into the Christmas parade here in Fairmont? Mike has volunteered his truck for use. We can decorate it however we see fit. Lights, music, bells, whatever. Big signs with the club name and info too. He will drive it and we can be in the back and throw candy to the kids. It would be wonderful publicity for the club! He's hauled a float full of people for Fairmont State before and had a lot of fun! He'd be happy to do it again. I can look into what it takes to get a space in the parade, and how much it costs if anything.

What do you say? I think it would be TONS of fun!!!

-Fettish :D

2. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    FYI: I spoke with my mother who used to run a girl scout troop which appeared in a number of Christmas parades here in Fairmont. She says it was always free, there was no cost to get into the lineup and there was no limit to the number of floats they would let in.

Mike and I are reserving a space either way. If the club doesn't want to use the truck, he and I will decorate it and go in the parade with a sign advertising the snow plowing business he's starting this year.

But Outlanders' Haven has first dibs on the truck, no questions about it. :)

-Fettish

3. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Cool idea. I can work on my aim so I can hit kids with candy...errr...I mean throw candy to kids ;)

4. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I called and reserved a space in the parade line up. It can be used for either the SW club or Mike's snow plow business, depending on whether you all want to do this or not. Don't worry, I have not committed the club to anything, just got us a space should we decide to use it. If not, Mike and I will make use of the reservation. I explained this to the lady on the phone and she said either way is fine, whatever we decide to do.

Details:

Parade is on Dec 4th, at 11am in Fairmont
    Lineup is at 10am at Palatine Park
    Cost: FREE!

:D
    -Fettish

5. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Personally, I think it's a great idea, but I wouldn't be able to participate. I already have a prior engagement that same day, so I wouldn't be able to make it. :(

6. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Well phooey... I'd hate not to have you with us Ithorian... :(

Raptor, Wolf, Dot.....I need to know if this is something you can or want to do... Please let me know ASAP...

-Fettish

7. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Well I have no idea how/when I'm going to have to do everything I have to do. So since I know I do have a pretty big list of things yet to be completed before Christmas, and you need to know ASAP, I will have to say I can't make it. Sorry.

8. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Well then, due to unavailability and lack of response, I am calling it a no go.

9. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    By the way...

Mike and I are still entering his truck in the parade under his snow plowing business. If anyone ends up wanting to ride along anyway and throw candy to the kids for fun, you are more than welcome!

-Fettish *is excited about being in a parade* :p

10. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Bonus points if you hit them in the eye... =)

-Dot

11. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I have been informed by the lady in charge of the parade that throwing candy is NOT allowed this year. Apparently someone got hurt last year... Bummer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.