main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Christmas Party 2006!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Sep 20, 2006.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Potluck!?! :eek: I completly forgot about that! :oops: I do have a gift for the exchange though. :cool:

What can I bring? I don't think I'll have time to make anything 'cause I'm pretty much booked Wed-Friday with job interviews. [face_praying]

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Drinks and chips that way if noone else brings anything, we have some munchies!

Kids are welcome to, I'm bringing mine

3. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    So who's brining what for food?? I can make some kind of main dish. We will have the kids there but I have to leave early for another party :_|

4. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Is it just me, or do we not have a lot of events coming up?
    Here's what I have for the agenda...
    -Wrap-up of recent events
    -Susan G. Komen
    -KUAT
    -Phoenix Cactus(?) con, Jan 26-28
    -Fan Force library
    -TFF photo shoot?
    -Events/parties
    -Cookbook update
    -Anything else?
    -Next meeting: Saturday January 20th, 2:30-5:00, at the library

Anyone have anything else to add to the agenda?

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Enjoy the lull while it lasts!

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I will be bringing mini chicken tacos, christmas cookies and some mandarin oranges.

I've also got a gift for the exchange.

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Mandarin oranges are confusing me, how do they fit in?

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    They came in a clear plastic container at Costco. I've got too many so I'm sharing.

9. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Hey Guys,

It looks like I won't be able to come up for the party tommorrow. My dad needs me at his place to wait for a couple different contractors to show up and give estimates. Dustin, is it possible to have you hold onto our copies of the parade footage? I'll get them at the next meeting or event, which ever happens first. Thanks!

10. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    :mad:

11. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I know, it sucks. :(

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    :mad: :_|

No prob, but you'k miss Morgan's cod on the big screen!

13. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    :confused: :oops: :eek: [face_worried]

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Look for the fan force banner on the outside of the house!

Call me if anyone needs directions....360-3765

15. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

I'll be bringing my world famous Costco Pumpkin Pies and Shamrock Egg Nog.

...and I'll be there at one o'clock with bells on...

16. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Hmmm its 12:45 and I am at my house on the net and I live quite possibly the farthest I could be from the party spot and I still need to stop at the store for BBQ sauce................I think I am going to be a little late.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    :0

Thanks guys, it was fun!

18. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Marlena and I want to thank you all for having us and sharing this festive season. It was a great day and we had a great time. Thank youre parents for us Dusty, so they know how greatfull we are for inviting us into thier home. God Bless and Merry Christmas

19. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    we also wish to echo the thanks of the rest, to you and your parents Dustin.
    we laughed and laughed till we cried.
    (p.s. sorry Frankie bout the jokes regarding you in the tights in the cold lol ;)[face_devil]
    it was the Darkside makin me do it i swear

20. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Well, I guess some people interpreted this as , "Sure, I can do the notes for the meeting!". But I didn't, and I don't think anyone else did. So oops!

BTW, great party Dustin, thank your parents (parent) for me.

21. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    *Sigh* What will you guys do when I am gone for the whole summer? :p
    Despite a lack of minutes, would anyone care to summarize the goings on at the meeting???

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yep, lost W/O U

Ummm.. events from '07 mostly

Susan goman, C4, Dustin's birth day party event(which I jsut remembered, sorry), Jacks Music gig, etc.

Forget most of it right now.

O, and "keep away" with the potato head and Vader unleashed.

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    :( I miss my friends. :_|

24. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Meeting for December 17th- held at Dustin's parents home. 2PM

DSG Phoenix Con for January 26-28th and also the Dark Con in Phoenix Jan 5th- 8th. Not sure who if anyone is attending these events.

DSG PF Chang's event is Sunday, Jan 14th. This event is a marathon to benefit the Phoenix Children's Hospital. As it is a DSG event we must have approval for costumes before using them for this event. Not sure at this time who all will be attending. This is also a return engagement for us as we did this event last year as well. We figure on spending the night most likely since it is such an early start that morning. Only note so far is that DSJ can't make it, family commitments.

TFF meeting for January is set for the 20th at Joel Valdez main library at 2:00pm. Parking is free in the deck.

So far we have nothing planned for February at all other than the monthly meeting

Flowing Wells band nights are Wed March 28th and Wed May 9th. Jack is still going to let us know if we can tie in a food drive with this. We know at this time only one musical piece from star wars is planned, some discussion about it being the love theme from AOTC was discussed. We will discuss this in more detail as info comes in to Jack.

We discussed whether or not to do the March of Dimes, which I have to let everyone know the date of before we can make that decesion. (I have since checked and my email from March of Dimes does not list a date for this event and neither does their website at this time)

Race for the cure is sunday April 15th, we discussed what time to be there and if anyone is interested in helping out in other ways other than costuming. Cheryl plans on attending meetings and helping out and Dustin has offered to help with game planning as well.

We watched the parade footage, talked about the event in some detail, noting the public loved us and we got a lot of attention. We also discussed wanting to do next years festival of lights christmas parade and some discussion was made as to what will be done for this event next year, as we want to enter a float in the non-profit catagory. IE finding a truck (Dustin's mom mentioned we might be able to use their truck) and also finding a flat bed was discussed, to remember to look in newspaper and sale ads for flatbeds on sale, or to investigate renting a flatbed, and who might have a flatbed we could use for free was also brought up.

Dustin and Steve and perhaps a few others are doing a birthday party on this sunday. They will give us a run down on how it goes. The mom has offered a $100 gift card for toys as payment, which we were all very pleased with.

Marlena has let us know that CPS might have toys for us after the new year. In response to this we have offered to do a Christmas visit in Marana for next year. This year was mentioned, but since it is on the 22nd of this month it is short notice for the group to participate.

Chris gave us an update on the PDS nursing home visit. It was a wonderful success, the employee's enjoyed having us as much as the residents did. We have been asked back. Also Chris gave us an update on the wish tree. We granted the second highest amount of wishes for the nursing home this year. Only listed behind a group that granted a whole tree of approx 140 wishes or so.

I believe that covers most of the meeting minus gabbing and the party which was wonderful and great fun!!

Feel free to add to this anything important that I might have missed.

25. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I sent the christmas party photos to dustin. :)