Provo Christmas Party this Saturday

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Handyman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

I will be putting on a Christmas Party for the group this Saturday, December 14, at 7:00pm at my place in Orem. Everyone from the Provo and Salt Lake City groups is welcome to attend. Please post if you can make it in this thread and I'll send you directions to my place via PM or E-mail. Please also indicate if you need a ride.

I know that this time won't work for everyone but this seems to be the best time during this busy month.

What will we be doing?

There will be games, viewing of selected segments of the Star Wars Holiday Special and other lesser known videos, white Bantha Gifts, and of course, GOODIES.

For those of you who may not be familiar with the Star Wars Holiday Special, allow me to give a few details. This hour and a half special was filmed and aired on CBS in 1978. It featured actual Star Wars sets, props, and costumes and starred Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, and the voice of James Earl Jones. The special guests included Art Carney, Harvey Korman, Bea Arthur, Dianne Carol, and Jefferson Starship. The Holiday Special is something George Lucas has said a number of times that he regrets doing. The entire program is quite cheesey in parts but does have some fun Star Wars bits. The premise revolves around Han Solo attempting to get Chewbacca home to Kashyyyk in time to celebrate "Life Day" with his family. It also features an animated segment that introduced the legendary Bounty Hunter, Boba Fett. Due to the length, we will view segments of the special.

White Bantha Gifts? ?[face_plain] Most of you may be familiar with "White Elephant Gifts" practiced at many Christmas parties. This is the same thing with a Star Wars name. ;) This is not required, but if you would like to participate, please being a WRAPPED gift with you to the party. At the party, we will put all of the White Bantha Gifts in a pile and each person who brought a gift will choose a different gift and open it. You may bring whatever gift you choose, Star Wars related or not, but please limit the price of the gift to $7 or less.

Also, please bring your favorite Christmas goodie to the party to share with the group.

Questions? Please post them here.

Later,
  2. navaren Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think Michael and I may be able to make it- I'll need to check with him to be certain. Consider this our RSVP.
  3. LaurenFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I am 95% sure I will be able to attend this Saturday. I DEFINITELY need a ride, though.

I've been wanting to see the Holiday Special for a long time now. Cheesy shows and movies are my favorites. I can't wait!

When I've done White Elephant Gifts, they've said they had to be used things. Are we going for newly-bought items with this one? Once I got an "Egg Cuber" for my white elephant gift...it was odd...
  4. Handyman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings Lauren,

I'm glad that you will be able to make it. As far as the "White Bantha" gifts go, it's up to you. I've also been to parties where all the white elephant gifts were used items. It would be fun if the item were somehow Star Wars related. Be creative. ;)

Later,
  5. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm pretty sure I can make it. I've tried to avoid scheduling anything else this coming weekend so I could attend something with you guys. :D

Can anyone give me a ride? Thanks. :)

Dana
  6. LakSivrak Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i have to work on saturday, but i really want to go, so go ahead and count me as going. ill get someone to work for me. ill know by tomorrow night whether i really can or not. also, anyone in the provo orem area that needs a ride is welcome to one, just post it, or even better pm me with your address and ill hook you up. my car sucks.
  7. Handyman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey LakSivrak,

Maybe you could give Dana a ride? ?[face_plain]

Later,
  8. Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'll make it, at least for a bit. I have another party that I've been invited to as well, but I'll see what I can do to compromise.
  9. LaurenFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Spoo or ToriDak..if we can't get a ride do either of you want to catch the bus with me? Or Handyman, does the bus even go near your house? Or if you're within bike-riding distance of campus...
  10. Handyman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings Lauren,

I live in south Orem just over the border with Provo. Literally a two minute drive from BYU campus.

Don't worry, we'll make sure everyone in the BYU area has a ride. You shouldn't have to take the bus or ride a bike.

Later,
  11. Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I wanna go... but for some reason... my aunt might need me this weekend. I'll call her tonight to see what's going on...
  12. spoo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm in!

Got my weekend plans rearranged, so I'll be there.
  13. LakSivrak Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i can go, and i can give a few rides. no one should have to ride the bus. if you are leery because you don't really know me, thats okay. i bet i know at least someone there, or know someone who knows someone. you know, six degrees of seperation. i don't know where your house is, and im sure you don't want to post it, so you could email me your address, or pm me. 'you' meaning anyone who wants a ride. and i don't know where we're going, so i'd like at least one adventuresome soul to help me out.
  14. jedimotion Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I WANT TO GO!!!.....but I can't...hmpf.
  15. spoo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oops, yeah I need a ride. It'd be easiest if me, Lauren and Trish (LaurenFett and ToriDak) can all get a ride from the same person, as we're all around BYU.
    How many can you fit?
  16. LakSivrak Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i can fit five, or if more people need rides i may be able to borrow moms van. what time does it start, seven? should we be fashionably late, or be on time, like good boys and girls :p
  17. Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I don't really have a quarm with when I arrive, because I'm not the one driving. So LakSivrak it's up to you.

Should use BYU folk round up so he doesn't have to drive to 3 places or what?
  18. LakSivrak Jedi Youngling

star 1
    well, i want to get there at around 5:30, in time for dinner. if you live fairly close together, it wont be such a hardship picking you all up. itll just be me trying to find not one, but three addresses, and since im forrest gump itll be interesting. i think we should be there on time. i hate being late. i dont understand things like wedding receptions where youre supposed to be late. if i ever get married (hah!) and my receptions at 7:00, and nobody is there at 7, im closing down and going on the honeymoon early. sorry. tangent.
  19. LakSivrak Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Handyman, could you please PM me your address so i can do this thing all the way, instead of just picking everyone up and driving around looking for a 'starwarsy' house? i dont think thats so efficient.
  20. Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Um...I'm kind of in need of an address as well. It would simplify matters greatly. Thanks.
  21. andakin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    here's what to do:
    Click on Handyman's name.

Click, "Send this person a private message"

Ask for the address.

That's what a PM is.

I may be there for a bit but, like Kyler/InsanitysCrescendo, I've been invited a combined birthday party of two of my good friends. And there's going to be girls. ;P (My age, that is.)
  22. Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ahh crap, I'm out for the party folks. I can't go but hopefully my spirit will be felt there as u all are missing me!!

23. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    We'll definitely miss you! :(

Question: Is this in-costume, or not?

Dana
  24. Handyman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LakSivrak...

You've got PM! ;) Are you going to be able to pick up Spoo, LaurenFett, and DantanaSkywalker or do you need someone else to help with rides too?

Insanitys_Crescendo...

You've got E-mail.

Anyone else need the address? ?[face_plain]

DantanaSkywalker...
    No costumes this time. Casual dress please.
  25. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oh, good! I wasn't looking forward to digging up a costume. Once or twice a year is fun, but more than that . . .

Dana
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.