main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Christmas party tonight

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    When: THURSDAY, December 15th

Where: "the clubhouse" at the Concorde Apts (near Gunbarrel Rd)

Time: 6:30pm - midnight

Saber RaffleEelem will have a raffle for a lightsaber hilt that he will construct. If you've seen the sabers that he and his son (tard) wears, you know he does a great job at putting these together. Each "ticket" will cost $2 and you can buy as many as you like to increase your chances with a portion of the money going into the club. If you ever wanted a cool prop for your Jedi or Sith costume, here is your chance.

Jawa Gift Exchange
    We did this at last year's Christmas party and it was a big hit. Lots of fun and plenty of "stealing". For those that don't know what this is, here are the "rules":

THE GIFTS:

1. This party's gift theme is Star Wars (like last year).
    2. The gift should be valued as close to $15 as is reasonable.
    3. The gift should be wrapped before arriving to the party. Gift bags are OK only if a wrapped item is inside.

THE GAME:

1. Each guest who wishes to participate must contribute a gift.
    2. Prepare slips of paper equal to the number of gifts with clearly written numbers. Be sure to distinguish 6 from 9, 1 from 7. Each participating guest draws a number and holds onto that slip of paper.
    3. On the first turn, the guest with paper slip #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and all admire it. Oooooooh Ahhhhhh....
    4. On the second turn, the guest with paper slip #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's gift, then #1 must open a wrapped gift.
    5. On the third turn, the guest with paper slip #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.

The game continues based on the following:

1. If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
    2. The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
    3. A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the guest who just stole it.
    4. The fourth "owner" of a gift gets to keep it. The gift is "dead" after it has been stolen three times.
    5. "Owners" of "live" gifts must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
    6. The gift exchange ends when the last wrapped gift is opened.

We'll also have karioke and maybe even a little Dance Dance Revolution! We'll be ordering pizza, but feel free to bring snacks and drinks as well. See ya there!

2. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    [face_dancing] It was a GREAT turnout for the Christmas Party but if I'm still involved we need to hold it elsewhere and make it less ROLEPLAYING and more Star Wars Group activities...

PS2 w/ Battlefront 2!
    Star Wars Trivia?
    I dunno...

It was great to see everyone... and MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL!

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Exactly. Next time we have a group party, we need to make sure there's something for everyone to do. If we had the TV, I think it would have been more lively. That, and a spiked punch bowl. O:)

4. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    [face_mischief] Ahhh See too many minors involved!
    [face_whistling]
    Maybe a 18 or 21 and up Halloween Party Next year![face_skull]

I've added more music to my Karaoke collection (Media Play 40% off on Karaoke Music)

So we get drunk then sing! =P~[face_dancing][face_sick]

5. exusiai

exusiai Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005

See I was confused...

I thought someone Was Bringing a KAraoke Player?!?!?!?!?!?

6. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Wow... we're actually talking about the Christmas Party in the Christmas Party thread. :p

Yeah, we were supposed to have a TV, PS2, and karaoke, but no one had a TV to bring (which made the PS2 that The Urchin brought useless) and YaYa was supposed to bring the karaoke, but she dropped out. The first Christmas party was held at Red Lobster, so we didn't have to plan much beside bringing gifts. We learn from the past (hopefully). Next time, we'll have try to have backups in place.

The 18 and older Halloween Party sounds like an excellent idea. [face_pumpkin]

7. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    [face_beatup]Call me ANAL! but I like having Better Planning Or call me the old fart but NEXT year I agree we perhaps even need to form a committee to handle it?:confused:[face_thinking]

I just wish my house would magically get straight and clean... where I could have a function there![face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.