main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Christmas Party

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    yummmmmmm foood!

Collen's dish sounds yummy! I have had it before and it is wonderful!

2. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Bob didn't quite answer my question. I need an okay or not okay on the beef dish. Also, I need to know what day we're having the xmas party as I'm working Sat 12/18. Do we have a location for the party yet?
    Anyone? Anyone?

3. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I can try to answer...

I think they were planning the weekend of the 18th. Either Saturday or Sunday depending on consensus.

Place: No location yet, wook & brother halo both volunteered a maybe but nothing firm yet. So, if we don't find a place for the potluck we may end up going out to eat instead.

Beef dish! yeah!!! (at least thats my opinion on the matter)

4. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Okay, I really don't know about the beef dish, it might evaporate, but....I've noticed a lot of people around here have been bringing wine and other things to costuming meetings and those sorts of things and I'm not comfortable around alcohol, to any extent. Both sides of my family have had problems with alcohol. I'm sorry if I'm ruining anyone's fun, if that's the case I'll gladly leave the group or not attend the non-official meetings, since this has been a problem before, where some have felt they need to walk on eggshells around me...if anyone has any problem with my complaints, I will kindly leave so you may do as you please.

5. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I know I don't want you to leave...

as for the dish-it does evaporate completely, if I wasn't sure I would definatly not say yes to it being who I am and you know how I feel about me drinking or eating anything with alochol. they use red wine in cooking to give a body to the sauce and that is it.

I think you need to talk to Bob or Wook about the consumption of liquer and how it is making you feel as part of the group.

6. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Lindsey, I want you in the group. I feel that everyone has the right to consume/not consume whatever they wish--whether they are vegan, Jewish, or (like me) just plain picky-eaters. I don't think this group judges anyone on what they eat/don't eat. The beef dish is just one of many food items that will be available. It is easy to make for a large number of people. I am comfortable feeding it to my children, but that is my choice as a parent. I, too have persons with alcohol problems in my family (Irish and all), so I understand your concerns. I have the feeling that everyone is respectful of your views and that of other younger members of our group and that the older people in the group (including me) want to make sure that there is no underage consumption of alcohol at any time.

7. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I hope that this doesn't turn into a big ugly arguement again. I think we have already gone down that road.

8. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Yes, we've gone over this. In fact, it was near this time last year.

Lindsey, please PM or IM me or wook to talk about this...

Thank you!

9. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    true enough but back to the topic on hand....

whats the word so far on the dinner? are we gonna do it-yes/no? where?

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Wook and I are working on it...

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I know :p giving you a hard time...

cause ia m so patient you know. actually just trying to get the topic back on the party.

So, whats everyone gonna wear? I am thinking I will wear Lor's Tusken clothes since he will probably be out of town and I can steal them... hahaha (evil laugh)

12. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    you so are not going to be wearing my tusken clotes, they need to have dirt on them not food

-lor

13. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yes they do, Tuskens are messy eaters why else would the Jawas not like them!

and I can always drink WAY too much Dr. Pepper and have a caffinee freak out and roll around in the dirt to get them dirty. :p

14. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    should we make a list of who is planning to bring what?

15. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Sounds like a good idea.

Whats needed at this point? I'll bring it.

16. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i don't think we know yet if it will be potluck or at a resturant yet. i started a list on the last page though...

17. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    We can have it at my house...which will be a good motivating factor for me to put up the tree, hang some cheer, egg some nog...whatever. We will hopefully have a foosball table as well by then in the garage (*EEK* gotta get that cleaned out*) as well as a pooltable, and of course the TV for the Dread..I mean Blessed Holiday Special [face_sick]

So, the only other question is what date? The 18th was bad for some people..could even be on a Sunday?

18. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    wook, if you need any help cleaning give me a call. I am more then willing to help out.

19. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Wook, speaking of decorations, I think this may help inspire you! (click to enlarge)

[image=http://www.vanlyssel.com/images/Xmas/2001/star%20wars%20manger.jpg]

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Why is 2-1B there? You gotta have a medical person as one of the three wise men!

I was gonna put a couple of Tuskens in there, but I wasn't sure if they could behave. Maybe if I get them some fermented clotted bantha milk they will calm down.

20. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Ha Ha Ha! That is great Ken!!!

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Ken, that's awesome!

22. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    ha ha, thanks! I thought it was fun... my favorite is Yoda in the little bed of straw. I hope this doesn't get me sent straight to Hell. God has a sense of humor, right?

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    If He didn't, then I don't understand why He did what He did with at least half the people I see walking around!

[face_laugh]

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Oh course god has a sense of humor!

Too bad its not Anakin in the manger with Shimi and Qui-Gon... oops

25. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    That is so bad Varza! The shame The shame!! LOL! :D

Lets not forget the Duck Billed Platypus...he is the tail end of jokes in the animal world! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.