main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Christmas Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by daemondred, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I think that would be so awsome for us to all watch that. Only problem is unless we all gather around a Mac to watch it ,im not sure how we would . Ill deffently bring Charlie Brown unless Sara already has it.

2. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    [general Christmas party information moved to newer post]

Updated the list with new info about who's coming and what they are bringing. Also, now that minors will be present alcohol has been changed to "will not be served", as we don't want to get into any kind of trouble (not that I think we'd really have alcohol there in the first place).

Bryan, I think you'll be safe now that the two vegetarians in the group have either spoken up or have been spoken for. Looks like a standard ovo-lacto vegetarian dish will be fine.

Excellent that you guys can come! Since Auston hasn't spoken up yet, and since the list is first come first served, how about you and Amy bring a veggie or fruit (or combo) tray as an appetizer? One with dip! Mmmmm, diiiiiiiiip. :) If you guys bring a "tray", perhaps if Auston is still looking for a item he could bring Chex Mix or yogurt covered pretzels or something like that. Thoughts, Auston?

I've marked you down for a dessert item. Excellent. The list is coming together nicely.

No worries, I've marked you down as coming. Since Drew hasn't spoken up yet (and I don't know if he's keeping up on the boards), would you be willing to bring a couple gallons of cider? 'Twould be perfect for hot spiced cider, a holiday staple in my opinion.

As for the lack of a ride, not to worry. Anybody who needs a ride will be taken care of (well, as long as you're located in Bloomington, sorry Ed :)). A call will go out sometime around the 28th to find out who needs a ride and someone will come pick you up and then take you back to your residence after the party.

Gathering around a mac actually isn't a problem. I can bring my cables and we can hook my laptop up to Mike and Sara's TV really easily (I have a S-video out for my mac). So watching the Christmas Special is more than likely doable.

As for myself, I love Charlie Brown's Christmas and Garfield's Christmas Special, and also Mickey's Christmas Carol. Frosty 1 is also pretty good, as well as Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (I have all of those if I need to bring them).

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Tim
    Just talked with Joe. He and Jeff plain on coming and he said he would bring some Christmas cookies.

4. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    Mike will not be at the Christmas party unless something miraculous happens. Fedex policy prohibits any time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas and Saturdays are a regularly scheduled day for him.

5. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    :(

6. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006

List updated with new attendance and menu information.

7. deepbluejedi

deepbluejedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2002
    Dec. 1st? I actually have a family get together that day (non-holiday related), so I don't think I'll be able to swing it unless something changes.

8. GoldLeader74

GoldLeader74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Will their be a vegie on the menu ,like Green beans or something?
    How about Stuffing?

9. tainted_crimson

tainted_crimson Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2006
    Warning everyone now that I may be half-zombie-fied the day of the party. I've got a math exam that morning and me and math are NOT friends. (And this means that I will definitely be in town that Saturday.)

10. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Nobody has signed up to bring either of those items yet. There's of course still plenty of time for somebody to bring them, of course, but we're running out of people who are coming but haven't spoken up for a dish yet, and I'm pretty sure those who haven't spoken up yet are ones who don't favor cooking (or don't have the facilities to do so if they wanted to).

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Take me off for Brownie's and Ill bring the Stuffing and fix it there.

12. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006

I went ahead and changed it as requested, though now dessert is packed with cookies and not much else.

[edit] Bryan has remarked below that he is possibly going to bring another dessert. [/edit]

13. daemondred

daemondred Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2005
    Tim - put me down as a maybe for another dessert. I don't know what yet, but it will come to me. I will be looking at recipes this week, so I will let all of you know what I will be bringing for the veggie main dish.

Bryan

14. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Can and will do. Thanks Bryan!

15. Tash

Tash Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2006
    *blink* I never replied to this. Yes, I'll bring some cider. It'll be those jugs probably from Target or something, but I'll get some for the party.

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thats fine with me , I wanna get full on Deep Fried Turkey ,Mashpotatos and Stuffing , not sweets. Although Nothing wrong with Sweets.

17. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006

Excellent. That rounds out the menu nicely. From this point on any other item brought will be counted as a "extra" item and the category itself is wide open, so feel free to bring anything you think the party is lacking!

[edit] Updated Bryan's dishes [/edit]

[edit] Updated Eric's dishes [/edit]

18. daemondred

daemondred Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2005
    I will be bringing black bean lasagna for the main dish and will be making peanut butter banana bars for a desert. Sara, would I be able to bake the lasagna at your house? I would have it all prepared except for the baking. If there is not room in your oven for baking, that would be fine as well.

Bryan

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I had a request for it so I will volunteer to bring my Pumpkin Pudding Pie & I was thinking we also will need Turkey Gravy.
    I have talked to Sara and I will be at her house by 2pm that Saturday to start preparing everything I'm bringing.

20. GoldLeader74

GoldLeader74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Tim/Eric/Sara
    Is there anything else I could bring for the "meat eaters" of the group?

21. lynxdarkwynd

lynxdarkwynd Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2007
    face_tongue]
    Kae and I will most likely be coming, although we don't get off work till 8, so we'll be a little late :p

22. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006

Updated attendance list.

23. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    Bryan-
    Feel free to use my oven and anything else you need :)

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Change Gary to Plastic silverware and plates and add Pop to Austin.

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey guys,,, What about Christmas music wile we are cooking?????
    Does anybody have the star wars christmas album?
    We have to have Christmas music at a Christmas party!!!
    [face_dancing] [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.